• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Pregnant???

Ryanne

Earning My Ears
So I am planning a trip to Disney which will occur approx when I am 7 months pregnant. Is this a completely crazy idea or should I just wait and attempt the craziness of going with an infant??

I first thought it was totally doable but now I'm worried that it's not. I will be traveling with my husband an my daughter. It is both their first time there and I haven't been in 10+ years so we don't have any set expectations on what to see or do.

Also, my daughter is 2.5 so we are planning on returned to our resort every day around lunch time for napping, etc. also, we are staying for 5 nights with the intention of not doing park all day every day. We plan on doing some full days or some half days of just resort pool time, shopping, etc.

My mind set is that I should be able to handle what a 2 year old can. Cause obviously she naps, needs a full nights rest, can't get too hot, etc. But is this just wishful thinking?!?! I haven't been to Disney in forever so I not sure I am under estimating everything.

Also we are planning for early-mid Sept. Not sure how hot and humid it is then.

Any opinions, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I went at twelve weeks and was miserable! I was tired and exhausted and sometimes nauseous everyday and it was December. I was also in great shape and an avid runner up until my second trimester. I personally would wait and go after the baby is here. But just my opinion:)

I have an infant that isn't 2 months old and I can't imagine going to Walt Disney World with her at this time. With all the feeding times, nap times, and even some fussy times there would be much time to do much that would be different than when I am home. I remember when I was a kid at WDW and seeing a lot of people with electric scooters. Maybe renting one of them during your stay would help you out a lot.

It is the hottest time of the year...think "feels like" 106 and high humidity, also daily rains. I was due with my daughter in December and I stopped going to the parks in June when it got too hot. If you do go...take a TON of breaks, drink water all day, and try to get in a/c often. A scooter is a good idea too, and make sure you have a stroller fan for your little one they are a huge help. If it were me I would wait to go until after the new baby is born.

I went once when I had just entered my eighth month and once when I had a 3 month old (when AK opened and yes, it was HOT). It can be done. You just need to know your limits, stay hydrated and rest when you can, provided you are not a HRP. I didn't do many rides when preggers but with two toddlers I was more busy chasing them than worrying that I didn't get to ride space mountain. As long as your doctor is ok with you going, you should be fine. I actually lost weight from the walking and had to remind them of where I had been.
When we went and my daughter was 3 months old I carried her most of the time in one of those front carriers and let me just tell you, those nursing stations they have are wonderful! Rocking chairs, A/C, quite, darker rooms. So nice even when pregnant. CM's were also very nice and accommodating, often finding a seat for me and misting me with cool water.

We went in August when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I was miserable.

We then went in April with our then 3 month old and had a blast.

Pregnant at Disney is a never again for me.

I've been to Disney pregnant several times. We were there once in August at 9 months pregnant and we drove from NJ. I've also been through the summer with infants as young as six weeks. It can be done for sure... It's just a different sort of trip. Slower paced and lots of breaks. Make sure to stay hydrated and don't push yourself too hard!

I was pregnant during my 2012 trip (8 weeks) and aside from some first trimester bleeding that scared me to death and sent me to the Terrible Celebration Hospital, it was a good trip. I napped everyday while DH took the kids swimming and I made sure to stop and get a cup of ice water every time we passed a place that gives it out for free.

We took a cross-country road trip to Disneyland the next year when my preemie daughter was four months old (she'd been out of the hospital for two months) - best vacation ever, up to that point! She was a dream baby and we took it easier, but loved everything about that trip. Vacations are what you make them. If you go in feeling negative, you're going to be miserable.

I have been to Disney while pregnant on more than one occasion. I think that it would be better to go pregnant than with an infant. I have seen so many small babies who looked just miserable in the heat. I always feel sorry for them. I think that if you take plenty of breaks and stay hydrated, you will be fine. It sounds like you already have planned to take things at a slow pace. I think you will enjoy being able to concentrate on your daughter as you see Disney through her eyes. You won't have to worry about taking care of an infant. When we went this past spring, my youngest had just turned 3. She had a wonderful time. You have so much to look forward to!

I'm pregnant right now and due in November. We went for star wars weekend end of may and I was about 16 weeks. It was hot but I had a good time. We'll be going back for the halloween party over halloween and I will be about 38 weeks. I don't plan to do much but hang out at the pool and attend the halloween party. We have a five year old and want to take him a few times before the baby is born. We go a lot and have APs so I don't mind not doing a lot on each trip. We also won't be going after she is born for awhile because I'm uncomfortable taking a newborn to disney.

I am currently 7 months (almost 8 months) pregnant, due in August and I have to say I would have NO DESIRE to go to Disney right now! I'm hot as it is and I live in New England and I'm just all around tired, cranky and uncomfortable. I can't imagine keeping up with the Disney pace and Florida heat when I'm feeling this way.

Disney will always be there and it's a huge expense so if it were me, I would wait and plan a trip once your baby is a little older and has a bit of a schedule etc. Your first will also be that much older and be able to enjoy more things too. Good luck in whatever you decide and good luck with your pregnancy!

We are going to Disney later this summer and I will be 16 weeks along. I know this won't be like any other Disney trip that I have taken before and I am prepared for that. I too will be traveling with DH and my 2.5 year old whose a first timer to WDW. There aren't many rides that we planned to go on that I cannot ride---Tomorrowland Speedway and the Safari in Animal Kingdom---which I am going to talk to my OB about and see what her recommendations are. Otherwise, I know we are going to have to make frequent water breaks and break up our day in some airconditioning---whether that means nap time at our hotel or DS taking a power nap in a show (luckily he can sleep through almost anything). Still I think being pregnant at Disney is easier than going with a newborn or young infant---not to mention I wouldn't want to travel somewhere like that without my child being fully vaccinated.

I did it in November very early in my pregnancy. I can't imagine doing it very pregnant in the middle of summer. Even then, my energy level was nonexistant, and I walked the Animal Kingdom 5K on that trip!

I went when I was pg with #2. There is a link to my report in my sig (is it there??). Bottom line: it was tough.

I went last year right as I entered my second trimester and took my 2 yo. We did seriously scaled down park-visiting and I was okay, but I don't know that I'd have had so much energy at 7mos. That being said, if you do go, just take lots of breaks to put your feet up, and also always have a cup of the free Disney ice water in your hand. So, plan to pee before and after every ride. ;-)

I went in April at 26 weeks pregnant and had a fantastic time. This is my first baby so I had no little ones to chase around , however. I am 35 weeks pregnant now and still feel like I'd be fine. There's so much to do at Disney and if you go slowly in the parks and enjoy your resort pool and the restaurants, I think you can still have a fabulous time.

I just found out that I'm pregnant and I'll be 15 weeks when we go in Sept. I'm really worried about the heat and dealing with nausea and fatigue. Plus, my husband won't be with us on this trip, so it's just me and two kids. I've already called in reinforcements (a friend will be joining us to help with the kids and ride coasters with them that I can't ride) and I plan on lots of pool time and a relaxing pace. If anyone has any other tips, I'd appreciate the advice.

I flew over from the uk at 31 weeks and back at 33.5 weeks. It was in July and there was a heat wave going on! I was hot and sweaty the whole time! It was fine though, I knew I wouldn't be able to do any big rides. There were lots in disney I could do, universal was another matter! They wouldn't even let me on ET! I spent a lot of time in the shops. Take your time, stop for lots of water breaks and have lots of icecream! I've just planned my 1st holiday for next summer with my 4 year old! I can't wait to shop him all the this he "saw" when he was in my tummy!

I went at 31 to 33.5 weeks pregnant and my doc told me I was not to go on the safari or the speedway. They are too bumpy!

12 year ago I went at 7 months during spring break. I was pretty active and took breaks often. On our 3rd out of 5 days I went in to labor. Disney EMT's were helful. Got me to the nearest hospital. I was ok. Just early but no sign of baby being ready. I went back to Disney to finish out or vacation. All with a wheelchair. Had her a month later.
So I am planning a trip to Disney which will occur approx when I am 7 months pregnant. Is this a completely crazy idea or should I just wait and attempt the craziness of going with an infant??

I first thought it was totally doable but now I'm worried that it's not. I will be traveling with my husband an my daughter. It is both their first time there and I haven't been in 10+ years so we don't have any set expectations on what to see or do.

Also, my daughter is 2.5 so we are planning on returned to our resort every day around lunch time for napping, etc. also, we are staying for 5 nights with the intention of not doing park all day every day. We plan on doing some full days or some half days of just resort pool time, shopping, etc.

My mind set is that I should be able to handle what a 2 year old can. Cause obviously she naps, needs a full nights rest, can't get too hot, etc. But is this just wishful thinking?!?! I haven't been to Disney in forever so I not sure I am under estimating everything.

Also we are planning for early-mid Sept. Not sure how hot and humid it is then.

Any opinions, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter