Disney possibly eliminating the filets

simonkodousek

DIS Veteran
Who else thinks this is absurd and a bad decision on Disney's part? I think there should be two seperate menus; a DDP menu and a non-DDP menu. There should also be a DxDDP menu for those that wish to have the filets on the DDP.

Ridiculous. My husband and I have never used the dining plan because we don't tend to eat our money's worth, but when we want to treat ourselves to a nice filet, vacation is a time to do it- would they really let the Dining plan ruin that!?!

Okay, that is soooooo stupid. I must agree with Pete on this one. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!

That's a reason I stay offsite...dining offsite gives you the option at a much better price spread. You want a filet? Go to a decent offsite restaurant.

WDW is going to regret this. Why would Florida residents ever want to go to a Disney restaurant again???

Has Disney actually announced this or is it all speculation?

Either way it is pretty silly considering that their prices are over-inflated anyway.

It is stupid to remove it from the menus. I tend not to eat filet mignon at WDW, but it is my safety item.

it's a hideously stupid idea. Keep it pay OOP or raise DDP prices. Limiting the menu. What a bonehead idea.

i haven't had a chance to listen to this week's show yet..
can someone please explain this post?
did Pete say something in the show?

How am I going to be able to convince my boyfriend to continuously go to WDw with me now? All he eats is steak, almost everyday! And we pay OOP!

Maybe with the money they save by not having the filets, they can afford to buy PEARS!!! Real ones.....

It is speculation right now, but I was thinking, I wonder if they will just remove the filets during free dining? It just seems TOO ridiculous, even for Disney, to remove them permanantly.

If they do though I won't be happy. I don't eat seafood, so what does that leave me with? I like chicken, but not that much. And I also don't use the DDP. I pay OOP. We also don't go off property, so that really isnt a solution for us. One of the reasons I love going Disney is that I don't have to worry about a car, driving, directions and parking. I like my vacations to be as mindless as possible! :teeth:

Okay...we have fridge swaps, stroller swaps, even Croc swaps...looks like it's time to start grill swaps!!! That's right folks, we'll just throw that Weber down on the walkway in front of the rooms and start BBQing our own steaks. :thumbsup2

I have to admit, at first I thought everyone was jumping to conclusions with all the "DDP is ruining WDW" threads -- but now I feel like I'm getting ready to grab a torch and pitchfork and join in.

Why not keep the fillets and just add a surcharge of some kind for people using DDP? They can't tell us there's no way to do it as the gratuity situation is proof that they can.

As if they don't make enough money....I mean they take the appetizer and tip being included. I find it hard to believe that offering a filet kills their profit. I mean they must make money on it or they would have never changed the policy to let their AP holders get the DDP.

I hope it doesn't happend before December when I go I usually get the filet at least once.

If they start to surcharge or make different menus for DDP I will have to think twice about getting it.

They took away Twinkie Tiramisu and now possibly filets.:mad:
That makes me think very un Disney thoughts right now, I need to wash my mind out with soap.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb......... What's next?:headache:

Disney may be doing it for a second pre-emptive reason. Did anyone catch the story on Fox or CNN news about how bad the beef situation is in Texas and California? They say that cattle ranchers are selling off over half of their herds to pay for hay to feed the rest. The drought is so bad out there that there's no grass for the cows. So the market is fine now because the sold cows are flooding the market with beef but next year prices will soar when there's less beef going to the market.

The question is: are Disney people that smart to think so far ahead to remove the filet now before they double or triple in price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter