Disney position on Quarantining

Very well said!!!! If dire things DO happen, let a CALM head prevail and address THAT issue only in a reasonable manner with the appropriate people, and don't go off the deep end! It can't be emphasized enough that the VAST majority of people will NEVER experience a traumatic situation. We can't run our lives with 'what if's' if we expect to enjoy ourselves. The unexpected can be an opportunity or a disaster - it all depends on attitudes.

I worry about having a minor illness onboard and having it misdiagnosed. I usually maintain a spartan diet and rich foods can sometimes upset my stomach. (No, I am not disciplined enough to avoid the yummy food on the cruise.) I remember spending one Thanksgiving night at home with bad nausea because of overindulgence.

Also, those of us with young kids know that the simplest thing can cause them to spit up. One 7-y-old in our traveling party vomited as we were leaving the ship for an excursion during our last cruise. His parents cleaned him up and checked him out and determined that he was not sick (one of his parent's is a physician and the other parent is a mom). He was obviously not ill and played all day on the beach outlasting everyone else in the group. He just ate his breakfast too quickly as they were running late.

I don't blame Disney for being cautious. They had to take a ship out of service for a week and lose 1/52 of their yearly revenue. In a business with such a large capital investment, it must have really hurt to forego that revenue when the Magic was out of service. I just hope they keep it reasonable.

If I may rant on a related subject -- I wish folks would improve their sanitation habits if not for their own sake, then for the health of those around them. More than once I have seen adults walk out of a bathroom stall directly into a restaurant. Yuck! (Thanks for letting me vent)

Barb,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The current info you have shared is priceless. We must discuss this issue in our house at least 5 times a day with the what if's as we get closer to departing ourselves.

We'll try and take a deep breath and remember what it's all about and just relax a bit I think.

Thanks again,

Barnsquad

I'm with HH. I have a very sensitive stomach and I do not sail well. I am always nauseous onboard and do not like to eat alot on the ship. Hopefully, by next summer, this craze will have died down so that I can enjoy my cruise without worrying about whose looking over my shoulder.

jlawall,
Have your tried the wrist bands? I get airsick very easy, and for years have had to take over the counter medication and often phenegran when it got too bad. The wife of the surgeon who did my esophagus/stomach surgery told me that she wears the wrist bands and they work.
I tried them this last trip and the turbulance didn't affect me. We had very calm seas so I didn't wear them on the Ship.
They are about $10.00 at most major pharmacies.

Good luck!
Rae

This also worries me....I am used to eating low fat, but when it comes to the cruise, all bets are over! Those of you who usually eat low fat know that when fattier foods are introduced to your diet, well, you just don't "digest" them as easily!! Also, we have 2 kids and all the excitement and new foods and running around can throw them for a loop. On our last cruise, my then 11 yr. old DS wasn't feeling too well during dinner one night and went down to rest in our cabin...he felt a little nauseaus (sp?) and I think all the excitement and staying up late caught up with him!! He was fine, but I am also worried that things like this might be misdiagnosed by someone who notices this. I would never let one of my kids out and about if they were truly sick, but we all know that changes in routine and all can throw anyone off. We will hope for the best, wash and wash and wash our hands and look forward to June 14th!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter