Disney "Planes" aboard the wonder?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jrosstrinity, Jun 12, 2013.

1. jrosstrinity

jrosstrinity Earning My Ears

Does anyone know anything about how early new movies are shown onboard? I will be on the July 29 Alaska cruise. The official release date for "Planes" is not until August 9 so we would be one week early to watch it onboard. HOWEVER, while my daughter and I are cruising, my husband and son will be going to Airventure in Osh Kosh, Wisconsin (big airshow). "Planes" will be shown there...a Special Screening....one week early on August 2. Does anyone out there think "Planes" may be shown early on the ships, too? :confused3

2. owensjro

owensjro DIS Veteran

They aren't shown early. They are typically shown at 12:01am on the release day if it is a special Premear at Sea.

Jim

3. E ticket rider

E ticket rider Ferb's Evil Twin

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They don't normally release the films early. I'm sure Airventure had to pay a pretty penny for the "Planes" screening to get it a week early. We were on the MV of the Fantasy and they did a midnight show the day "The Muppets" got released, but nothing any earlier. There were rumors that they would have a special screening of "Oz: The Great and Powerful" on the DVC Member Cruise in January. No such luck there, either.