• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Pixar CARS movie toys

Did you get a response, yet? Because I have a green ramone. Will gladly trade with you. PLMK

I just got back from Disney, and picked up Dinoco McQueen for DS. They had tons of Maters and Lightening McQueens.

MAH4546 said:
More new cars coming out this fall:

-Hamm (from the "Toy Car Story" parody)
-"Radiator Springs" Lightning (as he appears at the end)
-Michael Schumaucher Ferrari F430
-1960s Mater (with paint)
-Gold Ramone
-1950s Doc Hudson, in "Hudson Hornet" livery

Resurrecting this thread as we're now in November and our quest continues. We're down to 2! (unless the above post from this summer is true-- but I haven't seen any of these listed above). We need Chick Hicks and Leakless. Found Wingo and Lizzie the other day. This reminds me of other toy crazes such as Cabbage Patch Kids and Tickle Me Elmo (rounds 1 and 2).

So am I alone in that I don't have a complete set yet? Our son's bday is mid December and that's when he's getting these. Also, what do you think of the playsets? We have the fold-out Mack, but I wasn't planning to get the playsets.

Also, I found a carrying case for these at Target. (well, they advertised it, but the shelf was empty tonight-- a familiar sight).

Just to let everyone know Chef Boyardee ravioli has a $2 off three cars coupon on the back of their labels.

HTH

I got really lucky in mid September. I went into Target to get two items, and saw a mom walking out with a car in her hand. So I detoured over to the toy aisle, and there were a bunch of cars. I took the ones I didn't have, and realized I was now 2 short. I found a team member and asked if they had more in the back, since I only needed two. She checked for me, and came out with an unopened box!! I was able to get the last 2 cars, which of course included Sarge!! I was a happy camper, and so was my ds5, who now has the entire set. Keep on checking your Target Stores!!!

ccgegg said:
Resurrecting this thread as we're now in November and our quest continues. We're down to 2! (unless the above post from this summer is true-- but I haven't seen any of these listed above). We need Chick Hicks and Leakless. Found Wingo and Lizzie the other day. This reminds me of other toy crazes such as Cabbage Patch Kids and Tickle Me Elmo (rounds 1 and 2).

So am I alone in that I don't have a complete set yet?

You are definitely NOT alone! I have been working at this for months and I am still missing Sarge, Lizzy and a few others. Our Targets have been worthless - shelves always empty. WalMart is hit or miss. Toys R Us is usually a waste of time except the one visit I picked a few cars out of a shipping box sitting at a cash register. I actually picked up Nitroade at Once Upon a Toy at DTD! My kids have lost interest in the quest but I remain determined.

I founds a few sarges at Shoprite yesterday. They had a display with the movie.

For thoses that are sill missing a few they seem to have gone way down in price on ebay... a few are ending at 5.00

I found sooo many of these at Walmart the other night. I had given up completely on finding them and there they were right in front of my eyes! I couldn't believe it! There was one of each and I got about 14 different ones. They also had a four pack of the cruisin couples so I picked up one of those. I thought about selling them on ebay, but DS REALLY wants them, so I'm saving them for him for Xmas. He will be SO excited! Everyday he says "Mom did you find those Cars cars yet?" ;)

has anyone bought the playsets? They look like fun but also look cheaply made. And I read a review that said that racing mountain was not scaled for the diecast cars.

WE still need sarge and lizzie. The others seem to be available a little more frequently now. Lightning and Mater were always easy finds.
Renee

I understand that this might not be the kind you are looking for but I bought a set at the disney store on Sunday. There are actually 2 sets for $12.50 each. One set has Lighting McQueen and the other set has Mater in it.

Noticed some car sets at Best Buy yesterday. Didn't really look at them, so can't give details.

herc.

lovemygoofy said:
I understand that this might not be the kind you are looking for but I bought a set at the disney store on Sunday. There are actually 2 sets for $12.50 each. One set has Lighting McQueen and the other set has Mater in it.

I saw those the other day. They are plastic ones unfortunately, not die cast.

I just popped into Target over lunch and was half excited/half shocked to find that there ARE in fact some new cars released. The packaging is a little different too. Nothing about Hamm or Michael Schumaucher Ferrari F430 in my last post, but here are the new ones:

Dirt Track McQueen
Radiator Springs McQueen (like the paint job Ramone gave him)
Fabulous Hudson Hornet (when he was a race car)
Yellow Ramone
Brand New Mater (sort of a Dinoco blue color)
Also, Boost is now sold individually, as is Purple Ramone.

Of course, the Target didn't have ANY of these. I saw them on the back of the new packaging for Wingo.

So just when you think you're done or close to being done, WHAM! Not to mention the race track carrying case doesn't include space or pictures of the new vehicles. Get your act together, Mattel!!!

I was at Target today and was shocked to find a very full end-cap display of the new styles and some now single-packaged cars. I did not find the blue Mater but did find these new super charged versions:

Radiator Springs McQueen
Fabulous Hudson Hornet
Yellow Ramone
Chick
Boost & Snot Rod (two in the set)

They also had green Ramone, purple Ramone, Wingo, DJ, Fillmore, Sheriff, Nitroade and practically all the others except for the ever-elusive Sarge and Lizzie. I found the Target exclusive carrying case on Sunday and I am thrilled that I have been able to find so many of the cars just within the past few days. Check the toy department at Sears since they also carry the die-cast Cars toys. They have them on sale this week for 2.99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter