• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney PI question

Hello Everyone,

I applied for 4 PI's on Jan. 31. Got an e-mail to set up the screening on the morning of Feb. 2 and had the screening on Feb. 3. I got asked a lot of the same questions as what was posted on here, but my background and PI's are Catering and F&B related. She also told me that I probably wouldn't hear anything back until the end of April. I may get a call for a second interview, but not getting a call doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't gotten the position, they just didn't feel the need to conduct a second interview. I feel pretty lucky to just having gotten past the initial screening. This is a long process! I did, however, notice yesterday evening that under the workbench section on the disneycareers page that I had an assessment to fill out for the two management internships that I applied for, so hopefully that is a good sign :)
From the research that I've done and looking over past forums, the earliest anyone can expect to hear for a second interview is the beginning of March...I know, a lifetime away.
I haven't done the CP, but I have applied for it. So, if the PI doesn't work out, I'll probably be doing that in the Fall (if I get accepted). Either way I graduate in May and want to work for Disney...always applying for back-ups however.
Let me know how everyone else is doing! I could really use a friend and some support through this process, it is definitely nerve-wracking.

well good luck. i too applied to 4 PI's on the 1st and still have only heard that all my stuff is in the hands of the horticulturist (animal sciences) in charge. Im pretty darn nervous too!

well good luck. i too applied to 4 PI's on the 1st and still have only heard that all my stuff is in the hands of the horticulturist (animal sciences) in charge. Im pretty darn nervous too!

Were all 4 of our PIs in the Animal Programs? Also. I live all way in Michigan and housing would be an issue down there. Do you know anything about the housing situation there?

I've heard the horticulture and animal PI's have a different process than all the other ones, so no worries :)

From what I understand about housing, there is a lottery that gets you into an apartment complex that is about 25 minutes away and isn't that great. I've found postings through FB and craigslist of other castmembers that live much closer. There are also other PI's that end up rooming together. Hopefully once you are accepted they give you some contact information or something. As time progresses, more people will get on threads like this or post on some of the FB groups and such.

I get kind of obsessive and try to find as many different sites of people posting as possible. Some of this info may not be accurate because it is from a few years ago. For example, in 2006, there were professional internships, but no official sites to find more information about them. There were just placed in the job openings. It seems the program has progressed a lot since then.

thank you for that info. I was beiginning to just assume that I will hear from the animal programs later and that would be equivalent to my interview instead of having a screening.

And all 4 PI's i posted for are indeed Animal Science PI's.

Is this in a good way? Or in a more intense interview process way?

I think that it just isn't the same steps as the other ones. The applications go straight to the animal department rather than through the screening like I had to. Again, I'm not sure about this. It's just what I've gathered from the many other boards I've read.

From what I understand about housing, there is a lottery that gets you into an apartment complex that is about 25 minutes away and isn't that great. I've found postings through FB and craigslist of other castmembers that live much closer. There are also other PI's that end up rooming together. Hopefully once you are accepted they give you some contact information or something. As time progresses, more people will get on threads like this or post on some of the FB groups and such.

I'm pretty sure PI housing is just first come first serve, and you get put in Cumberland Park, which is literally right across the street from the other CP complexes (Chatham, Patterson, and the Commons, not Vista). I've never been in there but it looks super nice from the outside. Depending on where you work it's between 10 and 20 minutes away from property. Animal Kingdom is supposedly the farthest park but it never took me more than 12 minutes to get there going my special back way.

I think that it just isn't the same steps as the other ones. The applications go straight to the animal department rather than through the screening like I had to. Again, I'm not sure about this. It's just what I've gathered from the many other boards I've read.

nah, that makes complete sense. I had to email some stuff straight to the animal program immediately after applying and the guy there said he'll get my stuff sometime next week (this week now). Maybe its because the applicants for these positions are lower than the others?

nah, that makes complete sense. I had to email some stuff straight to the animal program immediately after applying and the guy there said he'll get my stuff sometime next week (this week now). Maybe its because the applicants for these positions are lower than the others?

Who did you e-mail? I wanted to include letter of references that I have but I didn't see anyplace to include them and would like to send them in.

the Conservation Education Presenter PI does not require a letter of ref. so thats why they didnt want it.

Two positions I applied for do and I had to have my professor email them straight from his email to wdw.epcot.science.internship@disney.com

if i don't hear anything my monday, I am just going to shoot an email over just seeing if they have my app.

Pretty simple question, but is the internship program only opened to Americans? I'm Canadian and I want to apply for the Communication internship but I'm not sure if I'm allowed.

I applied for 4 PI's last week (was it really just a week ago)? I had my initial screening on Sunday...during the Super Bowl. Living out west I had the choice of 7:30 in the morning or during the Super Bowl. Though neither were good choices I didn't want to seem inflexible and did it during the party I was attending. Like everyone else it's now a waiting game, but they said they'd move my information on. I guess it's lucky I have a ton of other stuff to think about in the meantime.

I'm getting ready to apply for 6 PI's tomorrow. I am wondering: Is it true that the wait time between the end of the screening interview and hearing any new information could be May? That seems like a long time to me. Also, is it possible to get a second interview sooner than May?

Wish me good luck. :)

EDIT: Also, is there a list of common questions asked during the screening interview for Professional Internships?

To be honest, i if it's May then it's probably (but not always) not good news. All the departments have different timelines and start their process at different times, so you could very well have an app in for a department that starts late. From what I know from friends and such they usually do 2nd interviews and offers in mid-to-late March/April but even that's pretty broad. Disney definitely has this whole waiting thing figured out, lol.

ya, i mean they may say May first, but I know of a lot of people in previous terms knowing in March-early April

I REALLY hope we find out before May. They told me the earliest I would hear is the end of April, but I'm hoping to hear by the beginning. I got accepted to the CP today, so at least I'll be at Disney either way and can re-apply for a PI in the spring :) At least I know now when I graduate I have a job!

i want to apply to the college program too, but I really want to see if I get the initial interview for the PI first (by far my first choice)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter