Disney Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

icydog

DIS Veteran
I have seen some wonderful pictures that were taken at Disney by one of their roving photographers. I can look at them on line at www.disneyphotopass.com but in order to get them I need to order them for an outrageous price. Is there anyway to download the pictures? I have tried but I can't figure it out. If I could download the pictures I could send them to my family as presents.
thanks,
Marylyn

They'll probably have this blocked someway. Otherwise you could copy them all to disk and print them out yourself.

These are the photos that you used to have to buy at WDW before you left the park. Now they have made it convenient for us to buy them when we get home. There is no way to cheat Disney and try to get them without buying them first.

There is an AP discount and also a Disney Visa discount.

I for one appreciate this new feature and can't wait to try it!

beattyfamily said:
These are the photos that you used to have to buy at WDW before you left the park. Now they have made it convenient for us to buy them when we get home. There is no way to cheat Disney and try to get them without buying them first.

There is an AP discount and also a Disney Visa discount.

I for one appreciate this new feature and can't wait to try it!

I for two also appreciate this new feature and also can't wait to try it. I got my 50% off card with the mickey monitor, so know I'll be getting a discount. I was in WDW in January, but it was so cold and we had so many layers of clothing on, there was no way I was getting my picture taken, so look forward to doing it in May.

I agree, I'm sure that Disney has blocked everyway possible of cheating the system. I'm glad for this opportunity to wait until we return home to view our pictures.

n2mm said:
I for two also appreciate this new feature and also can't wait to try it. I got my 50% off card with the mickey monitor, so know I'll be getting a discount. I was in WDW in January, but it was so cold and we had so many layers of clothing on, there was no way I was getting my picture taken, so look forward to doing it in May.

I agree, I'm sure that Disney has blocked everyway possible of cheating the system. I'm glad for this opportunity to wait until we return home to view our pictures.

How do you get the 50% off code/ What is MIckey Monitor? Does anyone else know the other discount percentages? Visa, AP, FL Resident, CM? Thanks!

n2mm said:

do you have the code for the AP discount. I have an AP but I have never gotten a MM. I called several times but to no avail. If you could please email or PM me with the code I would appreciate it.

I am sure Disney has protected their photos so you can't steal them. If you want to send them to family as gifts buy them. I wonder if you would post a similiar question along the lines of...I love that sweater but it ridiculously expensive, does anyone know a convenient way to steal it. :confused3

christinadei said:
How do you get the 50% off code/ What is MIckey Monitor? Does anyone else know the other discount percentages? Visa, AP, FL Resident, CM? Thanks!

The AP is a discount card in the MM. You'd have to have gotten the MM for the discount.

The Visa discount is 20% off your entire order. I don't know of any other discounts.

beattyfamily said:
The AP is a discount card in the MM. You'd have to have gotten the MM for the discount.

The Visa discount is 20% off your entire order. I don't know of any other discounts.

I am an AP holder. I have a seasonal AP because I am a Florida resident. I have never gotten a Mickey Monitor. I have called and written but it never seems to hit the system. If you have the code I can then enter my pass number to get the discount.. Please PM me with the code.
Thanks,
Marylyn

I didn't like mine well enough to buy them, but I was able to share the online previews with friends and family who have e-mail addresses. Better than nothing, right?

icy-dog said:
do you have the code for the AP discount. I have an AP but I have never gotten a MM. I called several times but to no avail. If you could please email or PM me with the code I would appreciate it.

We received an actual cc type card glued inside the mickey monitor. The card seems to be issued to the address on the MM. Each card (and it's number) is good for 5 discounted pictures. since the card is only for the addressee we can't share the code because our number is assigned to us and we plan to use it for our May trip. since the discount card expires May 31st, maybe there is an AP holder out there that got their MM and does not plan to use their card and can send it to another AP holder to use. I checked the online copy of the MM and where the card is attached in ours, it is empty inside the online version. I thought maybe there would be a discount code in that version too, but there was not. sorry.

You can copy/paste or right click and save the pictures off disneyphotopass.com, but they are awful quality if you try to print it.

Actually, when you "right click" the DisneyPass photo, it says, "right click disabled"... the best bet, if you love the photo, is to buy it with any discount possible. We did, and do not regret it! :earsboy:

Why not just do a "print screen" (which copies everything on the screen) and open up an image editor and paste it there? Crop your image to show the photo only and wa-la. To my knowledge there isn't code to prevent a user from doing a print screen. Save the crummy images for nostalgia reasons by doing this. If you want a good quality copy buy them.

Sleuth said:
Why not just do a "print screen" (which copies everything on the screen) and open up an image editor and paste it there? Crop your image to show the photo only and wa-la. To my knowledge there isn't code to prevent a user from doing a print screen. Save the crummy images for nostalgia reasons by doing this. If you want a good quality copy buy them.

That's just what my husband did thanks to another disboard member. he got the pictures by print screening and I was able to email them to family and friends. You're right about the print quality I fear. I am going to try and print from the screen image later and will let you know. What print screening gets me is the ability to view these pics for as long as I want. Disney deletes them within a couple of months.
Thanks for you advice. I love the dis!

:sad2: I'm sorry but I have to go on the record as saying that this is just wrong. Yes, you can probably get away with it. But for heaven's sake, you knew they would cost money to buy. We use these photos as our souveniers from each trip. so figure the cost into the trip from the beginning. I just hate when someone trys to go around and get something for nothing, just because they have figured out a way. Guess you probably think it's okay to pass your 5 y/o off as a 3 y/o since they are small? Or any of the other many unscrupulous things people do in order to save a little bit of money. In my very humble opinion this is not what the dis is about, but I am sure I'll be getting flamed at this point.

goofy4tink said:
:sad2: I'm sorry but I have to go on the record as saying that this is just wrong. Yes, you can probably get away with it. But for heaven's sake, you knew they would cost money to buy. We use these photos as our souveniers from each trip. so figure the cost into the trip from the beginning. I just hate when someone trys to go around and get something for nothing, just because they have figured out a way. Guess you probably think it's okay to pass your 5 y/o off as a 3 y/o since they are small? Or any of the other many unscrupulous things people do in order to save a little bit of money. In my very humble opinion this is not what the dis is about, but I am sure I'll be getting flamed at this point.

I agree

I think disney has come up with some really great perks. I have a feeling some of them may not be around for long because people are always looking for various loop holes. I'm all for saving money, but some things are just over the top.

The OP obviously has said that the quality is poor and only wanted to use them to email out, etc. If the OP wants good clean copies of the prints I'm sure they will purchase them from Disney.

Look, as a web designer myself, I am sure that the crew that put together this area of the Disney website is well aware that folks will do print screens, etc. to get the poor copies. Furthermore, that's why Disney puts up poor copies - they know folks will likely purchase the good copies from them if they like them.

Disney isn't stupid, and Disney is not losing money from this. It's a poor copy folks- not something someone would frame or would want to frame.

Sometimes I am amazed at all the people on this board that are willing and ready to acuse others of trying to scam the system (for example)

I just hate when someone trys to go around and get something for nothing, just because they have figured out a way. Guess you probably think it's okay to pass your 5 y/o off as a 3 y/o since they are small?

Geez people lay off!

Let me play the OP point here for a second...

Sleuth said:
Look, as a web designer myself, I am sure that...

If someone went to one of your sites (or even a customers site) and copied the pictures from it without first asking you or paying you would you be so forgiving? I doubt it. Those pictures, until purchased by the guest are still the property of WDW Co..

On the other side of the coin here, they are cruddy pictures when copied by screen capture and if Disney REALLY wanted to make you pay for them they would put a watermark on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter