Disney Photography & Officiant

Tink-2007

Earning My Ears
For anyone that had an intimate wedding and used what was included in the magical amenities (2 hours) how does that work? Also how was the photo quality? Does this include the officiant?

I have not had my wedding yet, but we are an intimate in December. We have chosen to use an outside vendor for photography, so I can't really comment on that part either, but I do know that the package does not include an officiant. Disney will provide you with a list of officiants in the area, and they generally run about $150.00 for their services. HTH

I used Disney photography and they just show up at your wedding location like everyone else will and start shooting when you arrive and are walking to your groom. It's that fast! They shoot during the ceremony, reception, and then you will take a few shots around the location. He will then leave and your photos will be up online in a couple weeks. It's that easy. Disney doesn't provide officiants anymore. They do provide a list you can choose from, so you can contact anyone on the list to get to know them and see if you want to hire them. The officiant then does the same, he shows up there at the ceremony location for the wedding. As the bride, you will not see any of these people until you are walking down the aisle to your groom. It's that fast!

we had disney photography for our wedding, as part of the package you get 20 photos in an album but you can upgrade it to one of several packages. the photos are great quality, we got the cd and i think the photos were something like 1.5/5 meg per picture

I swapped my photography package and used it as a honeymoon shoot instead around the castle as we already had Randy Chapman in place for our photographs.
We got our photographs back the very next day in a really pretty album. The pictures were lovely, but the album itself is on the small side. Saying that though they give you a CD with all the pictures on that he took so you can print them off yourself if you prefer bigger pictures.

We had a wonderful experience with our Disney photographer - he was great!! He met me just outside the wedding location, took pictures during the ceremony, then at the cake cutting, and then some extras after the cake cutting back on the WL Sunrise Terrace, which was perfect. He then took a bunch in the WL lobby, which he said they don't normally do but I wanted those shots and they're really good. Then a lot of pictures outside. He wanted me to stand in the grass but I didn't want to do that so he didn't fuss about it, he just chose a different location. He stayed with us for over 2 hours total and even took a couple of group shots back at WL after taking tons of DH and me alone. I think he would have stayed and taken more pictures if our faces didn't hurt from smiling so much :goodvibes He was awesome :thumbsup2 and the pictures came out fabulous, not "canned" photos like the same poses over and over. He seemed to really take the time to get the pictures we wanted, including a few that I would describe as a little more "abstract" and several funny ones and those are my favorites. (I like to point out that the pic in my sig was taken by a friend, not by Disney.)

Our officiant was Rev. Jack Day and I loved him. I dealt with him by e-mail and one phone call before the wedding but it was like we'd known him forever! He met me in the lobby and was very sweet and posed for a couple of pictures. He made DH laugh just before the ceremony started, which I was grateful for, it made him more relaxed. He even gave our toast, stayed for cake and cider, and posed for additional pictures after the cake cutting. I cannot say enough nice things about Rev. Jack!

janine said:
I swapped my photography package and used it as a honeymoon shoot instead around the castle as we already had Randy Chapman in place for our photographs.
We got our photographs back the very next day in a really pretty album. The pictures were lovely, but the album itself is on the small side. Saying that though they give you a CD with all the pictures on that he took so you can print them off yourself if you prefer bigger pictures.

We're thinking of Randy as well. Does the Cd allow you to get pretty large pics of a good quality? Did you have any problems with getting them printed in a store / on-line? Thanks, Dee :bride:

Tink-2007 said:
For anyone that had an intimate wedding and used what was included in the magical amenities (2 hours) how does that work? Also how was the photo quality? Does this include the officiant?

We used Disney and I think they did a wonderful job! Disney photographers are professionals it's just that you cannot choose a specific photographer or style...you kind of have to go with the flow on that. However, you CAN tell them (up-front) if there are specific shots/pictures you want and I'm sure they will work with you.

We only did the basic package but did pre-order a copy of all the proofs (this is a MUST do!!! It was $225 a year ago, it could be a bit more now).

Our photographer met us in the lobby of our hotel about 30 minutes before the ceremony. He took a few shots of each of us before we headed to Sea Breeze Point...after that, I hardly noticed him as he took lots more pictures of our ceremony and champagne reception. He took a few more shots after the ceremony (around SBP) and then our time was up.

Most of the disappointment I've seen in regards to Disney Photo Services is a misunderstanding of what the package includes. Be sure to read and understand exactly what is included in the package.

I'm not sure they give the low-res CD anymore, but if they do, you will not be able to print much of anything from them. If you wish to purchase the hi-res CD, it will cost $1000 or you can wait three years and purchase it for $99. Disney only provides UK brides with the hi-res CD as part of the package.

My budget was extremely tight and I could not afford the cost of an outside photographer. I stayed with Disney and I was not disappointed.

hiwaygal said:
Disney only provides UK brides with the hi-res CD as part of the package.

not heard of that, but sounds very interesting - do you know if this would be included as part of the Intimate package, or just the add-on photo package? Thanks!

dee slack said:
not heard of that, but sounds very interesting - do you know if this would be included as part of the Intimate package, or just the add-on photo package? Thanks!

I'm not sure about the add-ons but you can ask your EM about that.

If I remember correctly from what my EM told me, the reason the UK brides get the hi-res included is because of the high cost of shipping re-prints.

I have printed off photos from Disney's CD and they were beautiful. No problems at all.
Now Randy gave me what I thought was a CD and when I took it to Costco for prints they couldn't print off it as it was a DVD. They told me I would have to burn them onto a CD which I am clueless about doing.
What I have had to do is save them to my hard drive and then copy so many at a time back onto a camera memory card and thne take the memory card to costco.
But because the photos are huge files (some are 6meg) I have gotten no more than 17 pictures onto my memory card, so I have been back and forth, and now I am fed up of doing it. I wish there was another way.
It might just be wise checking with Randy that he puts them on a CD and not a DVD.
Pictures were beautiful though, and printed clearly.

I have not been able to get in contact with my coordinator so I want to try to clarify something with you guys. Outside photographers ARE permitted? Is there a special list of approved people you must choose, or can any photographer come? I am looking into this photographer KOR in Gainesville, FL and they are absolutly stunning (of course the price is too :rolleyes: ) but we want them really bad! Thanks for all of your help!

yeah outside photographers are permitted, you dont have to go with disney photography

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter