Disney Photography @ Dessert Party Pictures??

As you all know, outside photography isn't allowed inside theme parks and one of the only other options other then taking pictures yourself is the $350 Disney Photography Dessert Party option you can purchase. Has anyone else done this? I'd like to see pictures and do you regret it? Were they nice? Should I just set up my SLR with a tripod and save the money? Thank you :banana:

We paid the $350.00 for the Dessert Photography, and don't regret it!

One thing to keep in mind is that not every shot will be the money shot - it's really hard to look happy and in love when there are huge booms going off. The first five pictures we look terrified until we got the hang of it.

I wouldn't do them yourself...there's so much going on that day that it's not something you really have time to think about, in fact I barely ate any of our desserts I was so busy!

Here are our favourites (they're from the low-res cd - the high res has MUCH better colour!):

PH217960211-0214-1.jpg

PH217960211-0212.jpg

PH217960211-0209.jpg

PH217960211-0208.jpg

PH217960211-0205.jpg

PH217960211-0204.jpg

PH217960211-0197.jpg

Ummm we have a lot of favourites hahaha. And for kicks and giggles, here's what happens when you have two non-photogenic people terrified by loud booms:

PH217960211-0207.jpg

HTH!:)

Apparently if you are using an outside photographer for your wedding you can no longer have the Disney photographer. Instead you have the choice of using them for a family portrait session or your dessert party. HTH

Neener! Those are amazing pictures and for someone that wasn't used to loud booms, it was cute! I worked Illuminations every single night so I never got tired and got used to the fireworks!

Pinkgirl what do you mean?
I'm using Roots for the ceremony and reception, I wouldn't be able to get a Disney photographer for my dessert party? Sorry if I'm not understanding your statement.

I think PinkGirl is referring 'Escape' brides. Apparently, if an Escape bride has an outside photographer for their ceremony, Disney will no longer send along a DPS photographer as a photojournalistic photographer, but will, instead offer either a session at your DP or a honeymoon session after the wedding. I don't think it affects 'Wishes' brides and I am sure you can still book a DPS photographer for your DP.

Has anyone gotten the DP photography package for a DP that wasn't on your wedding day? Like your rehearsal dinner or welcome party? I want to have pictures taken, but our DP is our welcome party and I think we will be greeting our guests for a lot of the party and I'm not sure if it will be worth it to have a bunch of pictures of people mingling. Do you think there would be time for us to greet and then pause for pictures of the two of us during the show? I guess no one will really be talking during the booms :lmao:

I think if you don't care about getting pictures of your guests mingling, then having Disney shoot your dessert party is a great idea. Where they really excel is capturing the fireworks in all their glory. Most of the complaints I have read about their DP photography have to do with the shots of guests.

I think if you don't care about getting pictures of your guests mingling, then having Disney shoot your dessert party is a great idea. Where they really excel is capturing the fireworks in all their glory. Most of the complaints I have read about their DP photography have to do with the shots of guests.

:lmao:

I read this and really did laugh out loud. With all the issues that people have had with Disney Photography (myself included and I know you did, too), this comment is just funny.

In order to get those great fireworks shots, you mount the camera on a tripod, set it up, and then don't move or change anything. If you look at neener's beautiful photos, this is exactly what's happened. So, basically, Disney is really good at setting up equipment and pushing a button. But not so good at having to hold the camera and move around, or anything complicated like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter