• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Photographic Services Anyone???

LeftyES

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone has ever used this.....
--snip from DVC website--
Disney's Photographic Services
A family portrait taken at Walt Disney World® Resort will become one of your most treasured vacation memories. Whether you are a family of four or 24, Disney's Photographic Services will customize your portrait session to accommodate you. One of their highly creative professional photographers will meet your family at one Walt Disney World Resort location of your choice. The price of your session includes the sitting fee and all of your proofs (presentation prints), as well as a multi-print folio showcasing images from your portrait session. As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you will receive a 10% discount on the sitting fee.
--snip--

I wondered what your impressions of it are and, if you don't mind, how much does it run. Thanks, we leave for BCV this Saturday!!:bounce:

DH and I are doing this September 25th. I called Disney Event Productions and Stephanie emailed me samples of the photos that are done. If it is two of you, you have the additional option of the "Honeymoon Package" that is 35 mm format and can be done in any of the parks. Otherwise, the "Family Photography" is shot in medium format and can be done in MK, Epcot WS, or AK or at any of the resorts. They book in advance (we got on the calendar about a month ago for September), and think she said they want at least a week's notice. Both give you up to an hour with the phtographer to run around and take pics.

In addition to what you get with the special offer, they have packages of photos you can buy. Prices didn't seem too steep to me, just more pictures than you might necessarily want.

The price is about $250 (I think, I don't have the email with me here at work) for the medium format session.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks a bunch for the response, sloneta! Since we are leaving tomorrow and my wife just discovered it, I think we'll pass this time. I'd love to know how they come out and what you think of the experience-if you don't mind either posting or emailing me privately I would really appreciate it. We have a big, "bring the in-laws and the whole family down" trip planned for next year and I think that would be a great present.

Hi Lefty-

I just talked with Stephanie today about having a family(4 members) photo done in early September. The cost is $275.00, but if you have a disney club card you receive a free 8x10, and as a DVC member you will also get a discount on the sitting fee.

You can have the pictures done anywhere except MGM studios. If you want a photo with a character it will run you approximately $700-800 because you have to rent a special room at the Contemporary (I think that was the resort). You would be able to choose the character and the characters outfit and have time alone with the character for autographs, etc before the photo session.

Stephanie said approximately 2-3 weeks after the photo session we will be given a code to go to a website and download the pictures prior to them being sent FED EX 4-6 weeks later.

I hope this helps

Sloneta,

I would love you to post on your experiences with this after your trip. We are going with kids and grandparents and are seriously considering doing this in November.

Last Wednesday, DH and I had our photography session at the MK. Our appointment was for 9:00, but with lines and security we did not get to the Rose Garden until about 9:10. Our photographer, Jim, was waiting there. He told us the shots he was looking to take and asked us if there was anything in particular we wanted. We had no suggestions of our own, and just let him tell us where to go.

The pictures basically all focused on having the castle in the background. We were able to go "inside" some of the gardens (behind the little fences) so that he could maximize the probability of there being no one behind us. That really wasn't much of an issue since the place wasn't crowded at all. We had pictures from the front and two front sides of the castle, by the wishing well, and inside the walkway that goes through the castle. The poses weren't anything creative, pretty much the two of us standing together, but we didn't offer any interesting poses either. I just want some pictures of us together at WDW!

The whole thing lasted about 30-35 minutes and I would guess he took 20-30 shots. We are supposed to get a letter with the website to view our pics in 4-6 weeks, but Jim said they should be done in about 2 weeks. Then, from there we do the ordering.

Jim was great. He does the Disney Event Productions photography as well as some of the marketing stuff. He had been with Disney a while. He did remmend to do it first thing in the morning, both for lighting and for heat/temperature.

Any questions, please ask.

This has always sounded SO neat to me!

It would be great to time it with the holiday decorations, or during the Flower & Garden Festival!

We had our family of four photographed last spring at Wilderness Lodge. They turned out spectacular. I do not remember the photographers name but he was very keen at knowing what type of photos would be natural for us, poses, backgrounds, etc. I recommend this for anyone. Wegot to keep a lot of proofs and they offer reprints of all shapes and sizes. This is a great keepsake for those of us that love Disney!!!

Does $250 get you ONE family photo or a BUNCH of photos? Or is that JUST the sitting fee, and then you have to buy photos from there? Does anyone have a weblink to who you have to contact about this?

The fee gets you the session with the photographer as well as your proofs. They mail them to you in a folio after the session. Any prints are then an additional fee.

Thanks for the answers! What do you mean when you say the pictures are in 'medium' format? Do you mean that they're small? How big are the downloadable proofs?

I take it that there is no discount on the pictures themselves, either with DC or DVC?

Medium format is the type of camera and film used. The choices for two people were to have someone take pictures using a 35mm camera or the medium format. Medium format is professional and is a higher quality that enlarges much better than 35 mm. The proofs from medium format are usually an odd size like 4x5, though I don't know what we will receive from Disney.

As far as I know there are no discounts on the prints you order. The Disney Club was running a free 8x10 offer, but I think that ended 9/30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter