Disney Photographer Recommendations

Ltl Mermaid

<font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with
Hi all! I'm having an in park (Epcot) ceremony ad reception, so I know I have to use a Disney photographer. I've heard mixed reviews so who can you recommend from Disney? Surely at least a few of rehire photographers are good and consistent! Thanks!!

DH and I did a honeymoon shoot in Epcot with Amy. She was great to work with and we loved our pictures.

We had Amy for our dessert party and reception (living seas) and we had Cassie for our MK/Epcot bridal photo shoot. I really liked working with both of them.

This might be a stupid question but with DFTWs do you get to pick your photographer? It sounds like it with your responses but just wanted make sure! Still deciding on whether or not to do a DFTW! :)

Yes based on the phone call with my coordinator you can choose your photographer. I looked at their photos online just now and Rick's looked pretty good as well. Does anyone know how he is to work with? How far in advance do you have a photographer assigned?

You can request someone but aren't guaranteed that you'll get them. I requested 5 people for our rehearsal dinner and dessert party and we didn't get any of them.

Wow that is crazy! When did you find out who you were assigned?

You can request, but you are not guaranteed your photographer until 30 days before the wedding. I had a hard time accepting this, but there was really nothing I could do about it. I gave them a list of my top three choices about 7 months before the day, and I also gave them one photographer that I did not want (just looking over his photos, I didn't like his style). I was very happy that I did get my first choice, Rick. He was wonderful. Warm, caring, right in the thick of things. I felt very at ease while shooting with him. I wish we had gotten a few pictures that we missed (at our dessert party, he took a bunch of pictures of us looking at the fireworks, but we were always lit... would've liked if he tried some of us in silhouette; also, didn't get a very good close-up of our rings), but overall we were happy with his photography and quality.

We've had photos with Mike, Amy, and Alicia. Of the 3 the best was Alicia and Amy is very close behind her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter