Disney Peformer Package Tickets

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

My daughter's dance school is performing in DTD and doing a dance workshop in November (jersey week).
I have to order the Disney Performance Tickets through the dance studio.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get the tickets once she (the studio owner) places the order? she is not placing the ticket order until Aug 4th (at the earliest) and I am worried about getting tickets before my FP+ window opens. Will I get actual plastic/ paper tickets that I then link to MDE?

This is my first trip with MBs and FP+ so I have no idea how this situation is going to affect me.

Any help is appreciated!

~PM

I think they will be linked to your MDE account, Disney is doing everything they can to issue separate tickets for events.

Thanks! so... Disney will link the passes to my account? How long will that take after the order is placed? My biggest concern is being able to book FP+ on time. I think my 60-day mark is September 4th.

Some of these group packages won't actually distribute tickets until you get there. Don't expect to make advanced FP+ at all. If you do get the tickets ahead of time, that will be a bonus.

Oh crap... That is not what I wanted to hear. :sad1: That is totally uncool of Disney. First, I had to be "that person" making a few ADRs more than I need bc Disney won't tell us our performance times until 6 weeks prior and now I might not be able to make FP+?!? :mad: I better walk away from the keyboard before I start ranting.

Okay... does anyone have experience with this? Am I really going to be screwed out of FP+?? I am really trying not to freak out about this, but I was going to try for all the tough ones- A&E, 7DMT, TSM. This vacation is not sounding so magical right now..... :furious::headache::mad::badpc:

Last edited:
...take it easy I'm assuming your going more for your daughter than FP+.

Hope it all works out.

We recently had the same type of trip. Order was placed by our studio owner in the beginning of March and we received our cards a few weeks later. When you get them, just link them to your MDE account.

Whew! thank you!! I apologize for sounding so stressed and angry and frustrated, but this is the monster that Disney created. I don't get to Disney often (my last trip was 3 years ago) and we're not planning on going again anytime soon. I'm trying to fit in a lot this trip.

I brought my choir this spring. Used a travel agent who books school groups. The TA emailed me ticket numbers and names attached to each as soon as she received them. I passed out each kids number and they were able to get their FP set reserved. Since we stayed off site, we received the numbers at day 32 prior to arrival...worked out, but I had to pester the TA a couple times to get the tix numbers.

As far as ADR, I made all mine at ten 180 day mark no problem. When I submitted the application to perform, I had to pick two days preference for our performance and workshop, so my ADR plans had to be a bit flexible, and actually made more ADRs than needed, then cancelled the ones that would not work when I got the performance and workshop times. A bit stressful, but it all worked out fine.

One year I all the travel arrangements myself, when I ordered the tix, I got them in the mail within the week directly from WDW. Never again will I act as the TA! At least for bringing my choir... I always book my own family trips of course! Looking forward to our next one next June!

Have fun, and remember, with a large group, flexibility is key to enjoy the trip! Things happen, kids are late for their times to meet up, kids are kids...that's how it goes...

Thank you!! That makes me feel better. I don't think the studio owner is going through a TA. She mentioned a Disney Rep, but that's it. We had to make our own room reservations, but she is ordering our tickets. She did tell us what times she was going to request for the performance and workshop, so I went off of those times when I made my ADRs. I just wasn't sure how much of a chance we had to actually get those times.

thank you. I knew someone here had to have experience with a trip like this!

I was part of one of these types of trips two years ago, before MDE and FP+, so I can't comment on those aspects, but as far as the performance times go, we were told that dance performances tend to be later in the day, as the musical performances require the stage to be set up differently than the dance performances; so they tend to lump all the music performances together earlier in the day, leaving the dance performances for the afternoon. True to what we were told, our performance at DTD was indeed in the afternoon and bookended by other dance performances. So while I know it doesn't give you the exact day and time you'd like to have, it's likely that your group's performance will be in the afternoon.

thank you! My studio owner said she requested early evening for the performance and the workshop in the morning (on a different day), so I plan on arranging FP+ times with that in mind and have made ADRs with that in mind as well.

I had to be "that person" making a few ADRs more than I need

{FLAMEPROOF CAPE FROM DRAWER TO SHOULDERS}
1) Inconsiderate and rude.
2) You may be depriving others of ADR's and FP's they wish.
3) Would you be happy if others grabbed your desired times?
4) Make only your desired ressies and take potluck.
5) Performance times/dates do change frequently, even after you have bee advised of the schedule.
6) Things can get shuffled at the last minute due to a variety of causes.
{FLAMEPROOF SUIT BACK TO STORAGE}

the monster that Disney created

1) No.

2) This is the monster that groups, themselves, created.
3) Disney issues tix at the last minute due to groups that cancel at the last minute.
4) Most cancellations are due to the inability to adequately fund raise.
5) And, they keep holding out until the very last moment to cancel, hoping for a reprieve.

Last edited:
We traveled on band trips with our kids, when they were in school. In all cases we got our tickets when we arrived, but that was before FP+. That said, on our first trip we rode the bus with the band and just took the tickets we were given when we arrived. The 2nd and 3rd trips, we actually worked with the guy who coordinated the trip for the band. He was glad to work with us, giving us the same group deal, but also allowing us to purchase extra days and not ride the bus. My point there is, if you haven't talked to the travel person coordinating the event, it might be worth a try. They may be able to help you out.

That said, I always tell people, don't think a band trip (or dance or whatever) is a regular vacation trip. We often didn't have confirmation of performance time or even park until we arrived. Our kids band director kept a tight leash on everyone, which meant regular check ins with the group. My advise is to do what you can to plan, but be flexible and enjoy this trip for what it is, an opportunity to watch your kid have fun doing what they love in the Disney experience. My pictures of my kids marching down Mainstreet USA are what I really remember about those trips. That and getting to share Disney with some kids who never had that opportunity before. It's not the same as a family trip, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

don't think a band trip (or dance or whatever) is a regular vacation trip

1) A wise statement, indeed.
2) You are not there for a vacation.
3) You are there to perform at Disney, for your own purposes.
4) For this, Disney gives you room-food-admission discounts.
5) It is basically a straight-up trade.

6) And, there is not all that much time to do the parks or many eateries.
. . . your days are pretty well planned
. . . and, the time is fully utilized
. . . for things like parades and performances, you are there 3-4 hours ahead of time
. . . have seen parade members have to be at their staging area 4-hrs early (and in uniform)
. . . after performing, there is usually a mandatory time period prior to release
. . . it is very regimented and structured; they do this all the time and have it well coordinated)

NOTE: We have one of our Concierge who does Special Events. She tells us a lot about the planning and coordinating. Some things are really neat and cool, others are droll and dull. In fact, there are events where she does not leave the performers alone until they are back at their hotel. She says it can get like "herding cats", but she likes to do it 3-4 times per year.

Last edited:
For this trip, the dance studio is not traveling as a group. Each family can arrive and depart when they wish. We can also stay where ever we want. There are only 3 requirements: One meeting, the performance and the workshop. We don't have to travel together or "check-in" except for the three things I mentioned. So, I do have some flexibility.

{FLAMEPROOF CAPE FROM DRAWER TO SHOULDERS}
1) Inconsiderate and rude.
2) You may be depriving others of ADR's and FP's they wish.
3) Would you be happy if others grabbed your desired times?
4) Make only your desired ressies and take potluck.
5) Performance times/dates do change frequently, even after you have bee advised of the schedule.
6) Things can get shuffled at the last minute due to a variety of causes.
{FLAMEPROOF SUIT BACK TO STORAGE}

*puts on the flameproof suit*
I understand your anger with me. i used to feel the same way until I found myself in this situation. It's not like I did this because I don't feel like planning out my days 6 months before. I know which park I want to be in each day and that is how I planned. Eating at the Biergarten is a priority on this trip. It is only 2 days- 5 ADRs (3 lunches and 2 dinners. Not all Biergarten! There are a couple others). As soon as I get the schedule I will cancel the ones that we don't want. Maybe we will eat at Biergarten twice! I will schedule my FP+ at 8 weeks and rearrange as needed. If the dance times are changed, I will adjust my ADRs and FP+ as best I can.

Thank you to everyone for your insight. I now have a better understanding of what to expect on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter