Disney Parks Pet Peeves?

People who seem to think that the Handicap stalls in the bathrooms are for changing into their new outfit that they just bought themselves or their child. These stalls are for people who have physical limitations and can't use a regular stall. Let's keep it that way.

Mine is all the people living the parks thru their devices. I am constantly amazed at how many people watch the shows/parades/Fireworks/rides through their device. Sometimes I am so distracted by the ipads and phones being held up to record whatever attraction/event that is going on that I miss most of it. My working theory is that some professional has already recorded this event far better then I am able to and I can find that on YouTube later. Right in the moment I want to enjoy the moment, and wish everyone else would as well.

People who seem to think that the Handicap stalls in the bathrooms are for changing into their new outfit that they just bought themselves or their child. These stalls are for people who have physical limitations and can't use a regular stall. Let's keep it that way.
Sorry, but, they are not just for people with physical limitations. Anyone can use them, but, they are designed to be handicapped accessible. Someone using them to change clothes are not doing anything wrong, they are the only things that will allow enough room to do stuff in private.

People who try to film dark attractions or in a dark restaurant with a flash steadily on. In the restaurant, do they not get that there are people at the tables in front of them, behind the people they are filming . I am extremely sensitive to bright light and that can trigger a day long headache for me. Also the people who give me the stink eye for an hour after I explain that the flash from their camera that they’ve held out in front of them- so it’s 6 inches from my eyes- is hurting my eyes, can they please stop.

Sorry, but, they are not just for people with physical limitations. Anyone can use them, but, they are designed to be handicapped accessible. Someone using them to change clothes are not doing anything wrong, they are the only things that will allow enough room to do stuff in private.

I'm sure folks who have to use wheelchairs will disagree.

I can't stand it when people yell at their kids or spank them.

When it's at Target or the grocery store or some mundane place I still don't approve, but I give a lot more slack. It's just a normal place and I expect to see normal, everyday human behavior. But when it's at Disney, it really really bothers me. All the negativity and cruelty seeps into MY vacation and the other people around. Many of us don't live anywhere close and we spent tons of money to come do this trip. It's very special for us and we're trying to have a good time.

If you can't manage your kids without yelling or spanking then at the very least do your yelling and spanking out by the car or in private. Or maybe just figure out a better way to be a parent.

Inconsistent/bad info from CM's. Case in point: November 1st, my DH realized his MagicBand had popped off right before our BOG lunch. I got on MDE and deactivated it/reported it "lost." It kind of bugged me that at no point during our BOG purchase did I have to enter my PIN.

Anyway, after lunch, we went to Guest Relations next to HOP and requested a new MagicBand. The CM we spoke to advised us we had to check with Guest Relations at the front of the park to see if it had been turned in before a new one would be issued. Not wanting to argue, we made our way to Guest Relations at the front of the park. The CM there told us we'd been given bad info and was surprised the former CM hadn't helped us. It was about 3pm on a MNSSHP day, which we'd purchased tickets for, so I asked for info on wrist band distribution. She told me they'd start handing them out at 4pm, and suggested we pick them up at Storybook Circus, as the lines there were typically shorter. After the extra walking, we were ready for a break, so we decided to take the train for a couple of circles , stopping on the second round at the Fantasyland stop for easy access to the wristbands at Storybook Circus.

Went inside the store to get our bands and found out, again, we'd been given bad info. The closest wristbands were being distributed at Tomorrowland, across the sidewalk from the Stitch meet and greet, (a location that wasn't even on the map)! It would just be nice to see CM's on the same page.

While they're at it, I'd like to see Disney distribute ticketed party wrist bands with MagicBands if they're pre-purchased. I'd also like to see things like my DVC ID be able to be loaded to my MagicBand.

While I agree with you about people using them to change outfits, just a note to everyone to say not all disabilities are visible. We have someone who cannot tolerate hand dryers or automatic flush toilets so we use the disabled toilets for those reasons.

I’ve seen all that bothers me already posted! I can’t stand when someone uses flash on a dark ride. It ruins it for everyone. But my biggest pet peeve is scooters. I know, some people do need them and I have no problem with that. My problem is the freakin horn! Last trip there was a lady behind us blowing her scooter horn over and over. I didn’t know what it was and I finally turned around and she yelled “MOVE!” Lol. I just turned back around and kept walking.

My pet peeve is when large groups send a runner to hold a place in line and the latecomers pass everyone abiding by que etiquette to get to the place holder. I don’t mind stragglers trying to catch up with family members. But sometimes I’ve been in line 20 to 30 minutes or longer before the hoard arrives. This tends to happen more at certain times of the year.

People struggling with the Mickey scanners at the park entrances and ride entry FP terminals - is it so hard to remember the finger you assigned your ticket?!

As a PP said, people stood blocking the entrance and exit to a ride deciding what to do.

Slow walkers who form a 4-5 person row, therefore preventing you from passing them.

People that won't move down on the buses and ignore the driver when requested to continue moving down when we're all waiting in the bus line outside in the heat and can see how much space there is still available on the bus.

My pet peeve is when large groups send a runner to hold a place in line and the latecomers pass everyone abiding by que etiquette to get to the place holder. I don’t mind stragglers trying to catch up with family members. But sometimes I’ve been in line 20 to 30 minutes or longer before the hoard arrives. This tends to happen more at certain times of the year.
I've had it happen to us twice. First time I really didn't think about what was happening. The second time a teen pushed pass us then I seen 3 more and politely said no. He look confused and I said "Sorry, your not cutting in front of us. I don't care who is up there waiting on you". I also had an adult push my 6 year old to get in front of her and when her friend tried to join I said no way! and I told her if her friend wouldn't have pushed my daughter out of the way they would be together. The first one let us pass her.

Well I'll be brief and sum it up in one word: GUESTS

People who are not ready for the bag check. That person standing there telling you to take your bags off of your body and open all of the zippers is not doing so for their health. And yes, even the bags in your stroller need to be checked.

This one has nothing to do with guests, but with the parks-
Disney- “we’ve opened an AP only line so you can breeze through the entry like the VIP you are.”

Oh, actually we will cover up all but 2 tapstiles, making the AP line 6x longer than all the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter