Disney parks now requiring immunization record for admittance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't read most of the posts, and I'm not going to get into the debate. But my first thought when I saw the topic is that it is more likely that Disney would ask for credit rates and bank accounts before letting you in.

Every western nation has a vaccine injury board and compensation program. In the US alone, payouts resulting from people being injured or killed by vaccines is approaching $3 billion. But hey, they're paying all that money to fear mongers and wackos who are just making stuff up.

I looked up the report. This is for data going back to 1988.

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/statisticsreport.pdf

Some things I've noticed: 2.5 times as many claims are dismissed (9,867) than are actually compensated (3,941).

DTP (or... DPT) accounted for 32% of the compensated claims. If you add in the other related vaccines (like DPat), it goes up to 38%. Flu vaccine was second highest at 25%. Measles related vaccines (MMR, Measles, MR, and MMR-Varicella) account for 11.2%

2011 and 2012 were the biggest years for claims.

There were 1,156 deaths claimed to be vaccine-related since 1988. The data does not indicate how many of these were dismissed and how many were compensated.

I looked up the report. This is for data going back to 1988.

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/statisticsreport.pdf

Some things I've noticed: 2.5 times as many claims are dismissed (9,867) than are actually compensated (3,941).

DTP (or... DPT) accounted for 32% of the compensated claims. If you add in the other related vaccines (like DPat), it goes up to 38%. Flu vaccine was second highest at 25%. Measles related vaccines (MMR, Measles, MR, and MMR-Varicella) account for 11.2%

2011 and 2012 were the biggest years for claims.

There were 1,156 deaths claimed to be vaccine-related since 1988. The data does not indicate how many of these were dismissed and how many were compensated.

True, but the standard used to be to reject any claim where the effects did not appear within the first 24 hours after receiving the vaccine. That has been recognized as an unrealistic requirement. In addition, actual claims only represent a portion of cases. It is commonly accepted that the majority of cases go unreported, just as my adverse reactions as a child, and those of my daughter, did.

Last edited:
I come to this site a lot and have never posted before. Most of us are good people just trying to figure out what is best for our families--whichever side of the fence you are on. But then you have people like JohnAdams27 who is obviously being paid to frequent social sites like this one to intimidate and bully people. I am not anti or pro vaccine and I support a persons right to make that choice for themselves. I vaccinated my own kids, but I don't think we should just hand over our personal freedom to make medical decisions to the self-appointed "experts." State legislators are introducing bills to take away our right to opt out of medical treatment. You may be ok with the current schedule, but more vaccines are added regularly and there may come a time when you would like to say no to one and as a parent you will no longer be able to say no. Anyone who is interested, this is a good article regarding why this is really about personal freedom from medical tyranny: The Vaccine Culture War in America http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-Ne...ine-culture-war-in-america-are-you-ready.aspx

I understand, I was speaking in regards to my childern who are old enough to have completed all their shots. However, I've heard of many people giving their kids Tylenol or Advil when getting vaccinated and never heard anything about it affecting the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Wow, sorry, I haven't been on here for a while and I didn't realize that you quoted me. I'm only repeating what the doctor told me. We've never had her titers checked because up until now her risk of exposure has been low. The doctor told me there was a risk to giving anti-inflammatory meds with shots, but without the meds we wouldn't be able to continue with the shots. I am obviously very pro-vax so we chose to continue with the shots and administer meds with them.

Give people the world at their fingertips with a tool like the internet, and what do they do with it? Spread misinformation hoping gullible people like OP's boss buy it.

The internet, like driving, ought to have a license. No age restriction for the license, even children can have it. All you have to do is the following:
*Understand Satire. How to recognize it, which sites propagate it, and how to properly share it with others.

*When researching, how to check sources. This includes checking for political bias. It's fairly simple. Don't go to PEOPLEWHODRINKCOKEWILLDIE.COM to get facts about soda consumption.

*When choosing to adopt a belief system that one is introduced to via Facebook, blog post, and/or other superfluous source, take a moment to check with the academic field that studies that sort of thing before making one's mind up. Biologists, immunologists, geologists, chemists, physicists, physicians, and the such all have fairly public beliefs on all controversial issues. You can always find a minority in each field that choose to believe in other things. These are called "Sad sad people". The choose to believe in unlikely, even disproven things, simply because it gives them identity.

*Finally, understand ones place in life. How much education on the topic at hand do you have? Are you qualified to question the entire scientific establishment? Does your entire belief system rely on causing doubt about something else, or does it have it's own facts to support it? Are the "facts" that support your belief composed of 2 or 3 things that are repeated over and over again, no matter how many times others state they aren't factually correct? Are you only able to find a handful of websites (all with inflammatory language) to support your belief, while those who argue with you are able to pretty much source the rest of the internet? If any of the above is true, then unless you have discovered a secret that the majority of the human race was completely in the dark about, then you are wrong. Which leads me to the final thing to get your Net License.

*Sometimes you are wrong. No matter how much you know, or how well educated you are, or how many books about lizard people making perpetual motion engines with the illuminati you have read, there are times when someone else online (most times actually) knows more than you. Be prepared to accept this, learn from it, and rather than believe that you hold some secret that everyone else is blind too, be prepared to let that fantasy go and realize that the most common knowledge is also the most correct. The fact that you can sometimes be wrong does NOT mean that it is likely for just about everyone else to be wrong. Harboring the notion that you know secret truths that the rest of the public is blind to is demented, egotistical, and a quick way to be shunned by everyone who doesn't have time for your malarky.

Children may have their Net License simply for understanding satire (people like to joke online) and sources (some websites lie). By middle school, the other things become requisites to keeping your internet license. Once you get your license in the mail, please sign the back. This binds the card to you while also acknowledging that any violation of the above can result in anything from being called a complete idiot in a forum/chat to eventually having your license revoked.

Oh, and if you think the dress is white and gold, then you also immediately get your license revoked.

/s

the saddest thing is the people who tend to believe in the nutso stuff are SO delusional that they can read that entire rant and actually think it applies to everyone else, and not themselves.

As far as JohnAdam72 goes, assuming that he is paid to intimidate and bully is just ridiculous. Some people, myself included, just get sick of seeing people who are flat out wrong take their agenda and spray it all over websites like a hippo with diarrhea (don't google that, it's disgusting, but illustrates my point perfectly).

People who have the audacity to say things like, "Opinions can't be wrong" are delusional. They have to try to redefine the human language to find outs for their belief systems. I don't know where JohnAdam72 came from, but I can definitely understand his mindset. Maybe he is the husband of a member here and decided to weigh in. That is a LOT more probably than some paid forum mercenary who is out to intimidate and bully folks.

Vaccines aren't even a debate. Science solidly backs them up. Anyone who is hung up on that and things there is a debate to be had there is ignoring years and years of results. I, and I'm guessing JohnAdams72 as well, am just sick of house wives and house husbands living sheltered lives decided that some fringe belief is worth buying into at the risk of their families health. It's like these people are more concerned about preaching something than about actually being right. Accepting vaccines means getting of of ones soapbox and going back to being a normal functioning person. The second someone decides that preaching poorly sourced arguments online is more important than protecting their own children, well, at that point I loose respect for them and realize that all the facts and sources i the world aren't going to save them from their own egos.

As far as JohnAdam72 goes, assuming that he is paid to intimidate and bully is just ridiculous. Some people, myself included, just get sick of seeing people who are flat out wrong take their agenda and spray it all over websites like a hippo with diarrhea (don't google that, it's disgusting, but illustrates my point perfectly).

People who have the audacity to say things like, "Opinions can't be wrong" are delusional. They have to try to redefine the human language to find outs for their belief systems. I don't know where JohnAdam72 came from, but I can definitely understand his mindset. Maybe he is the husband of a member here and decided to weigh in. That is a LOT more probably than some paid forum mercenary who is out to intimidate and bully folks.

Vaccines aren't even a debate. Science solidly backs them up. Anyone who is hung up on that and things there is a debate to be had there is ignoring years and years of results. I, and I'm guessing JohnAdams72 as well, am just sick of house wives and house husbands living sheltered lives decided that some fringe belief is worth buying into at the risk of their families health. It's like these people are more concerned about preaching something than about actually being right. Accepting vaccines means getting of of ones soapbox and going back to being a normal functioning person. The second someone decides that preaching poorly sourced arguments online is more important than protecting their own children, well, at that point I loose respect for them and realize that all the facts and sources i the world aren't going to save them from their own egos.

Really? Can you not post without name calling and personal attacks?

Last edited:
Before you insult an untold number of people by referring to them as "complete morons", you may want to make sure that you are not the one lacking in education.
If immunizations work, then your vaccinations protect you so your statment about being placed in danger is illogical. If they don't protect you, then your statment
about forcing others to get something that doesn't work is illogical. We review each vaccine with our doctor. The fact is, if your child gets the full schedule of vaccinations they will have over 200 times the safe level of aluminium in their bloodstreams, and that is just one of the harmful substances in some vaccines. Aluminium has been conclusively proven to cause brain damage. As with any other medical procedure, we do a risk/benefit analysis. Most vaccines have no real value to balance out their risk because the chances of being exposed to the disease is next to zero. We have to take into account the fact that reactions to vaccines are prevalent in our family. Our daughter spent her first night of life screaming in agony in reaction to the vaccine she received. It was terrible. The doctor admiited that such reactions are not uncommon. My mother said that I had a similar reaction. That is what triggered our desire to do some research intead of just pumping our children full of chemicals and diseases just because the government and drug manufacturers tell us to.

Looking at the numbers on the CDC and Royal College of Medicine statistics provided some enlightening knowledge, namely that no vaccine ever eradicated any disease.
No matter which disease you look at, polio, smallpox, measles, etc., you see the same thing. Those diseases were all eracticated by the rise of natural immunity. In every case, the number of both cases and deaths had dropped by roughly 90% before the vaccine ever became available, and the vaccine had no affect whatsoever on the rate of decline. Except for the polio vaccine. It caused a sharp increase in cases and deaths.

Have you ever looked into how many people get the flu after getting the flu vaccine? Our doctor clued us in to this too. The flu vaccine is a guess. Each year, they look at which strains are prevalent in Asia and guess at which three they think will be prevalent in North America the following year. They're often wrong. So, as I said, before insulting people or deciding that you know what is best for others (a though that is your right) you may want to actually educate yourself.

Have you looked at the cases of whooping cough, measles, etc that are on the rise now due to the anti vaccine movement? Did your parents vaccinate you? Did that make them bad parents? I work in a hospital. I am an MRI technologist. I see the side effects when frantic parents rush their child to the hospital in the middle of the night. Children do DIE from vaccine preventable illnesses. If you are going to make the choice not to vaccinate your kids, fine. Then keep them at HOME and don't bring them to places where there may be children too young to recieve a vaccine. Like freaking Disney World/Disneyland!

Have you looked at the cases of whooping cough, measles, etc that are on the rise now due to the anti vaccine movement? Did your parents vaccinate you? Did that make them bad parents? I work in a hospital. I am an MRI technologist. I see the side effects when frantic parents rush their child to the hospital in the middle of the night. Children do DIE from vaccine preventable illnesses. If you are going to make the choice not to vaccinate your kids, fine. Then keep them at HOME and don't bring them to places where there may be children too young to recieve a vaccine. Like freaking Disney World/Disneyland!
Yes, and you haven't, because you are just repeating the hype. There have been cases of both every year, and every year vaccinated people were affected as well as those who were not. In many, the majority were vaccinated, so blaming it on "the anti-vaccine movement is just ridiculous because the vaccines afforded no immunity to many of the people who received them. They are not "on the rise". The only year that was out of the ordinary was 2014. What was different about that year? The government spreading a flood of illegal immigrants around the country without any medical exams. Is it a coincidence that the states with the outbreaks are the states where the busloads were sent? I think not. Not only measles, but chagas, entervirus68, and other diseases, some of which had never even been seen in this country before, became more common. Yes, I received vaccines, and I had a serious reaction to one that I didn't even know about until my parents told me after my daughter had one as well. After that, my wife and I spent months researching this subject and found that it is undeniable that while vaccines do serve a purpose in some situations, they are not the panacea that people like you think they are, and they had nowhere near the success in eradicating disease that the government and manufacturers would have us believe. All of the more serious diseases, and especially deaths resulting form them, had plummeted before any of the modern vaccines were available. Vaccines are a decision to be made based on risk/benefit just like any other medical decision. Saying otherwise is irresponsible and foolish.

Last edited:

I don't think he was any kind of paid plant either. I think he was just one of those rude internet trolls we see far too often who who just love to argue and insult from behind the anonymity of their computer. "Science boldly backs them up" is a fallacy. Science, and scores of immunologists, doctors, and other professionals, disagree with you. This mysterious entity you refer to as "science" still wants us to believe that there is no connection whatsoever between vaccines and autism in spite of at least two internal vaccine manufacturer documents documenting autism as observed side effects in vaccine trials, and numerous peer-reviewed studies. Its' the same lazy bogus argument we heard about global warming. "The science is settled" they cried. Except that many of the most respected researchers, like those at the Max Planck institute, kept saying "No it isn't. The earth has been warming because of the sun's natural and known cycle of warming and cooling and that cycle will swing back toward cooling around the turn of the century". They were correct. Those espousing the "settled" science were wrong. Again. Like JohnAdams27, you are passing judgement on people you know nothing about in regard to a subject you know little or nothing about. I knew nothing about it either until it caused problems with my child. We then spent months taking in all the information we could from all points of view and we still do. You obviously, do not. You are convinced that you know what is best for everyone else. This is another thing we see far to much of on the internet.

Last edited:
Twende - you are delusional. Saying "opinions can't be wrong" is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. And that's without even going into your soccer mom beliefs on biology.

Try getting an actual medical degree with that baloney and see how far you make it.

Cute! And how do you know if I went to medical school or not? You know nothing about me personally.

I think the mods will take care of your threats of continued name calling and personal attacks. It is not normally allowed on this board.

Just an interesting notice here .............. it appears our families will be visiting at the same time. Perhaps you need to change your dates to keep your family safe? After all you have no idea if anyone in my family is vaccinated or not and therefore we might be a huge danger to you and yours.

I know you didn't go to medical school becasue no one with a credible degree believes in the anti-vax movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter