• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

I am excited to announce I am on to Round 2 for DCL! This afternoon is my first time to sit down and work on my essays. Pixie dust to all!:wizard:

I submitted my app today. I made a few notes but then just winged my video. When it was done it was exactly 71 seconds so it seemed like a sign, I just submitted it as is without any edits! I don't have many hopes but I feel like I was myself so that's good. I think this next wait is going to be harder than the last ;)

So... I've made a good dent in my essay questions. I still have a lot of fine-tuning and editing to do, but for the most part, I've got something written down for each question. I'm REALLY going to have to pare down some of them due to the word limit. The only one, believe it or not, that really has me scratching my head is the restaurant question. I think they're throwing me with the word "nice".

Me too! I've changed my pick like three times...lol. I'm sure whichever I choose...it won't be the right one...lol

I've also changed my video format three times...I really need to stick with an idea and run with it!

One of the harder ones for me is always the "tell me about yourself" - I hate talking about myself. That's why I talk about Disney so much!

Neither stomach bug children nor out of town husband kept me from submitting my R2 application!

To all a good night!

I submitted my application around 11:00 CST today, so I'm left waiting, as well. Let me ask this. Does anyone else have a sort of ritual-type thing that they do when applying? I'm probably the only oddball that does this sort of thing on here, but I thought I'd ask. I always have to have a drink in my Wilderness Lodge mug, I have to have on a Disney shirt, I freshen up my Laila perfume, I light my candle that smells like Soarin', and I put on the music from Main Street Electrical Parade. Then, I sit down to answer the questions. Anyone else have something that they always do when they are applying?

Wow...what you did sounds like my daily routine!

Sorry to double post...this is my first time in round 2. I am planning on doing my video on my iPad mini. Has anyone else used their ipad, and did you have any trouble? I've worked out my essay questions and plan to sit down and do my video this afternoon. I think instead of scripting I'll just wing it.

Been going to Disney since 1985 (former employee back in the day).........excited to move onto R2..........have no clue, what to do...........Now I'm talking like Dr.Seuss........

Some people on facebook were saying Gary tweeted that the panel would be announced on November 22. That's only four weeks and two days away. Knowing that, when do you think we will hear about round 3?

I'm guessing the absolute latest we will hear about R3 is November 14. That gives them a week for phone interviews and whatever is in R4.

Hi Everyone! I am also a R2 hopeful...I've been lurking for a few days, but wanted to pop in and say hi to all you wonderful moms and dads! I am not a mom to any human offspring, only my fur-babies, but when I found out that being a parent was not a requirement of being on the panel, I thought, I CAN DO THIS!!! :rotfl2:

This was my first time applying and I honestly did not expect to make it out of the first round--so imagine my shock when that email came through. :banana: I am going to buckle down and try to get the rest of my essays done tonight and hopefully get that video done tomorrow! Lots of pixie dust to everyone!! pixiedust:

I submitted my app last night. I'm relieved that I don't have to think about it anymore. On the other hand, I sort of wish I had done a few more "takes" of my video in hopes I could have gotten a better one. I do not like seeing myself on film, and I have a feeling it would not have mattered how many times I filmed it. What will be will be.

I submitted my application today!

My essays have been done for a couple of days, but I had to wait until my husband had some free time to record my video. I managed it in just 2 takes, because I figured if I redid it too many times it would look too "wooden" and less like me (if that makes sense). I know that some people get better with more takes, but I seem to just get more awkward! :)

Anyway, best of luck to everybody in R2! It's great to get to participate, even if I don't make the final cut.

I submitted today! I thought I would have a sense of relief, but no!!! I am more nervous now. Good luck to everyone!!

I submitted today! I thought I would have a sense of relief, but no!!! I am more nervous now. Good luck to everyone!!

I submitted and just got a sinking feeling. I feel that round 2 is probably the end of the road for me this year. But.... how fun was round 2? I loved those questions! My only complaint was the word count made it so I couldn't talk on things as much as I wanted to. The thing with the panel is, it really is a needle in a haystack. You have to be the best of the best and even if you are, if you aren't one of the 12 or so best of the best who also happen to have and present what they are looking for, you won't make it. I do believe Gary when he said it isn't a reflection on us if we don't make round 3.... but I still think it will hurt to get the world's nicest rejection letter. I already told my husband that when that email comes, he's going to need to take me out to dinner that night. And, because this is how I operate, I told him two places in town I'd prefer to not go as they both remind me of WDW restaurants. Is that nuts or what?

I just recorded my video, and I've written up my essays. Now I just have to type it into the site. I hate myself on video, but the more I recorded the more I got comfortable, so I'm fairly happy with the results. Probably once I submit it I'll think of all the ways I could have done better. Good luck to everyone!

I submitted and just got a sinking feeling. I feel that round 2 is probably the end of the road for me this year. But.... how fun was round 2? I loved those questions! My only complaint was the word count made it so I couldn't talk on things as much as I wanted to. The thing with the panel is, it really is a needle in a haystack. You have to be the best of the best and even if you are, if you aren't one of the 12 or so best of the best who also happen to have and present what they are looking for, you won't make it. I do believe Gary when he said it isn't a reflection on us if we don't make round 3.... but I still think it will hurt to get the world's nicest rejection letter. I already told my husband that when that email comes, he's going to need to take me out to dinner that night. And, because this is how I operate, I told him two places in town I'd prefer to not go as they both remind me of WDW restaurants. Is that nuts or what?

LOL! Yes, but I love it! Sounds like a great idea and I might have to steal it.

Ugh! I did it! I'm so nervous, especially about the video. I'm not feeling too great about it... :(

The wide range of emotions on hitting submit: relief, happy, panic (did the video load correctly?), elation, sleepy...
I think we have to go with Walt on this one.
Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better.

I have followed the MP process for 7 years and while I have read of the anxiety, I never realized just how mentally exhausting it can be to want something so bad, strongly feel you are qualified for it but just don't feel you are able to let your true self shine.

The essays I am happy with, they took little editing aside to make word counts but the video has been much more difficult. My original thought was to just wing it. It's an easy open ended question and I can spend hours talking about Disney. Somehow I can barely get past my name! Taking a tea break and setting a 4pm deadline to film and a 9pm deadline to upload.

Congrats and best of luck to all of you and thanks for a great place to vent and show support. Disney lovers truly are the best of the best!:thumbsup2

(As a side note I am making an MP blooper video after the round 2 deadline if anyone would like to submit their outtakes to me. Have to find some humor in this whole process! PM me for email.):rotfl2:

Carrie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter