Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Thanks to everyone for the amazing love and encouragement through this process...especially those who got less-than-happy news and stuck with us to the end! I sincerely admire you for your grace and generosity. If I'm headed for the 2016 waiting room with you all this afternoon, I know I'll be in the *best* company!

Good luck to all the R3ers. Whatever today brings, you deserve congratulations. You are all stars!

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
Kathy K

Good luck today!

I've lurking through this thread, though I didn't apply, because you all seem to be having so much fun (admittedly mingled with stress) and I love that you all are so happy for each other.

For those not in Twitter, Gary announced a delay in the notifications. They will be sent at 6pm EST today.

Hopefully that will be it...

Well, I will be the first to share my sad news that I will not be living the dream as a member of the 2015 MP. I received a fast pass to R2 next year, but will not be able to schedule a qualifying trip :(

Well, I will be the first to share my sad news that I will not be living the dream as a member of the 2015 MP. I received a fast pass to R2 next year, but will not be able to schedule a qualifying trip :(

No go for me. Will be back next year though.

I am so, so sorry. I know how disappointed you must feel. You should be proud of yourselves for making it to R3. The fact that the committee had to delay the announcement shows just how difficult those decisions were.

Hey guys! Many of you have probably seen that I shared the good news on Twitter, but wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I made it onto the 2015 panel!

Once again, I'm so very appreciative of all the support you all have provided this year. I feel for each and every one of you who got the "not this year" email because I've been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. But I also know how great everyone here is, and that the dream is still alive in all of you! :)

I'll be around, and I'll definitely be back next year to chEAR on the DisneyMP Class of 2016!

Kathy K

Hey guys! Many of you have probably seen that I shared the good news on Twitter, but wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I made it onto the 2015 panel! Once again, I'm so very appreciative of all the support you all have provided this year. I feel for each and every one of you who got the "not this year" email because I've been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. But I also know how great everyone here is, and that the dream is still alive in all of you! :) I'll be around, and I'll definitely be back next year to chEAR on the DisneyMP Class of 2016! Kathy K

Heartfelt and sincere CONGRATULATIONS, Kathy!! Wishing you an amazing year ahead!! :)

Hey guys! Many of you have probably seen that I shared the good news on Twitter, but wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I made it onto the 2015 panel!

Once again, I'm so very appreciative of all the support you all have provided this year. I feel for each and every one of you who got the "not this year" email because I've been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. But I also know how great everyone here is, and that the dream is still alive in all of you! :)

I'll be around, and I'll definitely be back next year to chEAR on the DisneyMP Class of 2016!

Kathy K

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a thrill for you! I am sure the next couple of weeks will be a blur as you prepare for your training trip.

I did see several of the new panelists announce on Twitter. It seems like quite a few had been in R3 last year as well. What do you think made the difference for you this year?

Hey guys! Many of you have probably seen that I shared the good news on Twitter, but wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I made it onto the 2015 panel! Once again, I'm so very appreciative of all the support you all have provided this year. I feel for each and every one of you who got the "not this year" email because I've been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. But I also know how great everyone here is, and that the dream is still alive in all of you! :) I'll be around, and I'll definitely be back next year to chEAR on the DisneyMP Class of 2016! Kathy K

Many congrats to you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a thrill for you! I am sure the next couple of weeks will be a blur as you prepare for your training trip. I did see several of the new panelists announce on Twitter. It seems like quite a few had been in R3 last year as well. What do you think made the difference for you this year?

Thank you, Anne Marie! It's so hard to say what worked better this year because you just never know what they're looking for. I do think I had an error on my final "surprise" Q last year, which is essentially automatic elimination. I know this year that all my info, spelling, grammar and...wait for it...nomenclature! were 100% error-free. Made darn sure of it. :)

Also, after I got over the initial disappointment last year, I decided to spend a little more time on the MP site, reading the Q's and doing my own "practice" answers, then comparing them to answers the panelists gave. It made me a lot more comfortable when it came time to answer the sample Q's we were given on the application. I still had to scramble and research and write and rewrite, but I knew the outcome I was after because I'd already been doing it for a while, you know? And I didn't spend a TON of time doing this, only a couple of times a month or so, just for practice.

I don't know if this helps or not. I think these were just a couple of things that helped me prepare better and have a little more confidence, which helped me keep my head somewhat. In any case, I 'm sure it can't hurt!

Thanks again! Talk to ya soon...
Kathy

Thank you, Anne Marie! It's so hard to say what worked better this year because you just never know what they're looking for. I do think I had an error on my final "surprise" Q last year, which is essentially automatic elimination. I know this year that all my info, spelling, grammar and...wait for it...nomenclature! were 100% error-free. Made darn sure of it. :)

Also, after I got over the initial disappointment last year, I decided to spend a little more time on the MP site, reading the Q's and doing my own "practice" answers, then comparing them to answers the panelists gave. It made me a lot more comfortable when it came time to answer the sample Q's we were given on the application. I still had to scramble and research and write and rewrite, but I knew the outcome I was after because I'd already been doing it for a while, you know? And I didn't spend a TON of time doing this, only a couple of times a month or so, just for practice.

I don't know if this helps or not. I think these were just a couple of things that helped me prepare better and have a little more confidence, which helped me keep my head somewhat. In any case, I 'm sure it can't hurt!

Thanks again! Talk to ya soon...
Kathy

Thanks for responding to my question, Kathy!

I read the MP often and do practice answers as well. I want to know what types of questions guests are asking, testing myself to see if I know the answer, and comparing my answer to the panelist's answer. I have even caught panelists answering questions incorrectly a few times! (Usually things that used to be true but have changed, such as value rooms now having mini-fridges.)

That does help. Thank you for your insights!

Do pop in and update us on your wonderful MP adventures.

Congratulations again!

I'm so sorry. As far as not having a qualifying trip for next year, don't rule it out -- you never know. You may win a trip (yes, I'm dreamer!), circumstances as to why you won't have a trip next year may change, etc.

No go for me. Will be back next year though.

Sorry it didn't pan out for the 2015 panel, but good luck next year!

Kathy K

Congrats again, Kathy! :thumbsup2

So, I just saw Gary's tweet that they may be choosing 2 more for the panel today?! :faint: What an emotional roller coaster for those who had resigned themselves to the fact of not making the panel this year. So exciting!!

I hate to call people out, but I know of at least one other person on here who made the panel. I'll give you a chance to post the good news yourself, but if you don't, it's fair game and I will announce it! :hyper:

I also think (just based upon putting the pieces together from Twitter names) that there may be a couple of others on here who will be on the 2015 MP. Hope they'll post, too!

Lastly, per that tweet from Gary, we might be adding two more from our list!

Just wanted to share my news here too. After many tries, I finally got my yes. I'm so excited and honored to join an amazing group of Panelists.

Just wanted to share my news here too. After many tries, I finally got my yes. I'm so excited and honored to join an amazing group of Panelists.

You're one of the people that I was referencing in my post above that I thought made it -- congratulations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter