Disney parks for future CP's

Enchanted3

Enchanted3
Hello! Can anyone tell me if I need to purchase park tickets for my daughter once she checks in at the CP? We will be there before and after she checks in but we want her to go to the parks with us if she isn't working and during her orientation and traditions. Does she get a CM id the first day or how does it work? Thanks for all your help.

She will get her ID during Traditions, which is typically the third day of the program (she'll find out for sure during check-in on Day one). Once she completes traditions she can get in... but you'd have to purchase tickets for those first couple of days of the program.

She will get her ID during Traditions, which is typically the third day of the program (she'll find out for sure during check-in on Day one). Once she completes traditions she can get in... but you'd have to purchase tickets for those first couple of days of the program.

^The longest wait of my life: waiting to get my Disney Cast Member ID. As soon as we got back to Vista from Traditions that day, I was off to Animal Kingdom!

Can you tell me what the first three days consist of for the CP's before Tradions? Do they need to dress a certain way and how long are they does each day last? What are they learning?

Day One is Check-in - Dress is casual (Jeans are allright), but shoulders must be covered, no visible tatoos, and hair/makeup/jewlery must be within the Disney Look Guidlines.

Check-in may take an hour or two (depending on how long the line is when she gets there) and then there is a housing meeting which I think was about 2 hours as well.

Day Two is additional paperwork/sign up opportunities... I'd say Day 2 is no more than an hour.

Be aware that Day 1 and 2 are the best time to get to know roommates... a lot may do dinner together and have their roommate meeting. Just be aware that if your daughter misses these two days she may miss some bonding time with the roommates. Of course, this varies based on the roommates.

Can you tell me what the first three days consist of for the CP's before Tradions? Do they need to dress a certain way and how long are they does each day last? What are they learning?

Day 1- Check in at Vista. You get your apartment, housing ID, fingerprinting, and lots of paperwork. There also is a housing meeting.

Day 2- This is where you find out your work location. There is also more paperwork, and you sign up for any Disney classes if you're taking any.

Day 3- Traditions (and you get the work ID, aka your ticket into the parks).

For clothing, Day 1 and 2 are casual dress. Day 3 is business attire. Day 1 varies (for check-in, it should be no more then 1.5 hours, and the meeting is about 2 hours). Day 2 is about 1-1.5 hours. And Day 3 is 4 hours.

Thanks everyone. Why is traditions business attire. What are you doing that day?

Traditions is a class where you learn about the traditions of Disney. It's also your first paid day.

Thanks a bunch for all your help. Will she have time to spend with us once she starts working?

Traditions is a class where you learn about the traditions of Disney. It's also your first paid day.

Arrive about 15 to 20 minutes early to Traditions, if you're driving. And if you're taking the bus, make sure you are ON THE BUS at least 10 minutes before it's supposed to leave. As it is your first paid day, being late would look terrible. Most people see it as "just a class," but it's an extreme part of the whole process.

Arrive about 15 to 20 minutes early to Traditions, if you're driving. And if you're taking the bus, make sure you are ON THE BUS at least 10 minutes before it's supposed to leave. As it is your first paid day, being late would look terrible. Most people see it as "just a class," but it's an extreme part of the whole process.

Oh believe me, I never saw it as "just as class". Even on my last CP, I was leaving and getting to work an hour early. I was too scared of being late with the buses.

Oh believe me, I never saw it as "just as class". Even on my last CP, I was leaving and getting to work an hour early. I was too scared of being late with the buses.

Oh me too! I remember people asking me how Traditions went and finding out they didn't make it on time and had to reschedule. I would have been sick. I don't do late. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter