Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

I've been checking this post almost constantly, except today...got home to see five new pages of posts, and I just KNEW we had another win! :love:

Congrats, kirby!!

Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! :cool1: My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting that this will be your family's first trip to Walt Disney World!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions while you're trying to figure out your plans =)

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!

YES TO THE POLYNESIAN!!!

Sorry for the all caps, but that is so high on my list of WDW resorts where I want to stay. It's gorgeous, close to the Magic Kingdom and has some fantastic restaurants.

January and February each have pros/cons. Pros - very low crowds, lower room rates will help with the eventual cost of taxes. Cons - because it's a slower time of year, it's more likely there will be rides closed for refurbishments (but it's usually not too many), and you'll have to pack additional clothes to dress in layers since it can be very warm during the day and chilly at night.

I'm actually heading to WDW in 10 days, so I can take some pictures of the crowd levels while I'm there to give you an idea of what to expect.

Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! :cool1: My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations! Oh my goodness, you are going to have so much fun. What are your sons' ages?

Congrats Kirby!!! I bet your boys will love the Poly. I have never stayed there myself but I have visited the hotel a few times. They will love the volcano pool. I have also heard you have an excellent view of Magic Kindoms fireworks from the beach there!!

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!

Congrats, Kirby! We've all been daydreaming about where we would stay if we won, but many of us have never actually stayed at a Deluxe, only visited. But check out this article for a subjective (and two-plus-year-old) review of all the WDW Deluxe hotels...

January and February each have pros/cons. Pros - very low crowds, lower room rates will help with the eventual cost of taxes. Cons - because it's a .

note that the week of President's day in feb. is actually one of the most crowded weeks of the year.

New to the boards. Congrats to the winners!!! Kirby, the Polynesian is AMAZING! Never stayed there, but had a few meals there and explored it on my last trip. It's my dream resort.:)

Congrats fellow Oregonian, Kirby!! What part of OR are you from? I live in Salem :) I am so excited for you!! Maybe theyll pick TWO families from Oregon so I can win too :)

Congratulations! :cheer2:

The Polynesian would be my pick also. It's in such a great location, and watching Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach at night is wonderful. As for January/February...we used to go at that time every year. Crowds are relatively low as long as you avoid: Martin Luther King weekend, President's Day week, and marathon weekends. There are a lot of South American tour groups there at that time of year, but they're not too bad as long as you don't get in a line behind them and as long as their enthusiasm doesn't bother you.

The main reason we stopped going then is weather. It's SO unpredictable. It can be hot or cold, or both in the same week. We've visited a water park and needed coats in the same trip. Also, I worried on this end about snow/ice keeping us from getting to the airport. I also worry about cold/flu season.

Of course, there are pros and cons to every single time of the year that you could possibly choose lol. Overall, I like early-mid February (low crowds, usually nice weather but unpredictable, tour groups), mid-September (very low crowds, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, face-of-the-sun hot), and late October (awesome weather, Halloween Party, medium crowds) best. Early-mid December is nice for holiday decorations, but becoming more crowded each year, I think. Weather can be iffy too.

Congrats fellow Oregonian, Kirby!! What part of OR are you from? I live in Salem :) I am so excited for you!! Maybe theyll pick TWO families from Oregon so I can win too :)

I live in The Dalles! And no one here knows yet so shhhhhh dont tell my secret!! Some one else asked but my boys are 12, 9, & 7. When we go they will be 13, 10 and 8!! Now I am leaning towards October lol Any tips for October travel??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter