Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

kirbyx5 said:
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! :cool1: My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!

Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's awesome news for everyone following this thread! Haha

Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! :cool1: My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats. How exciting and to have it be a first trip that is soooo magical. I hope you have a wonderful time. If you need any planning help let us know :banana:

:)Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday:(. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!:)

Wow! Congrats hope you will enjoy your 1st trip to Disney.:)

kirbyx5 said:

So then if your hubby was chosen for the 5th- which is a Saturday and they didn't contact you until the 8th. Seems to me they are running a bit behind in announcing the winners?

Anyways- so happy to hear of another winner!!

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :woohoo::yay:

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!

If you looking at Jan or Feb 2014 make sure you know the dates of the Disney World Marathon Weekend (Jan) and the Disney World Princess Half Marathon (Feb) You will have extra crowd that week

I would do the Poly or Contemporary. You're going to have so much fun! Congrats!

Congrats kirbyx5!!!!!:cheer2: that's so exciting! you will LOVE WDW! it's my favorite place in the world! :cloud9:

kirbyx5 said:
:)Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday:(. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!:)

Congrats Kirby! WDW is awesome. And good luck keeping it a surprise. We returned home Dec 23 rd from our trip and I kept it a secret the whole time. My girls weren't told til we got to the airport! They were very excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yea if Airfaire wasnt included we would have went to DL because we could afford 5 round trip tickets!! :)

So then if your hubby was chosen for the 5th- which is a Saturday and they didn't contact you until the 8th. Seems to me they are running a bit behind in announcing the winners?

Anyways- so happy to hear of another winner!!

If by "announcing" you mean "contacting", then they're right on schedule. According to the Official Rules:

Administrator will conduct a Daily Drawing on or about three (3) business days after the applicable Day in order to select the potential winner of each Daily Sweepstakes.

In fact, the rules go on to say that On or about one (1) business day after each Daily Drawing, each potential winner will be notified via email or phone, as appropriate.

So four business days after the 5th would have been the 10th; Kirby was notified on the 8th. It just took her a week to find us here on the DIS.

Congrats :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter