Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

I enter a lot of sweepstakes too. I usually spend half hour a night entering. I have won some cool things. So far I won:

Chevron Love the Road Event – CBS: Sony Digital Camera, $300 Marriot CG, $500 Chevron GC.
Travelocity-Ipod Touch
NASCAR: T-shirt, backpack, toy car
JetBlue: One ticket out of the country.

THEN one day right after Spring term started (I went back to school plus I work fulltime) I come home very exhausted but still entered all my sweepstakes. My son (17 at the time) gave so much crap for doing that. He was like why do you this relax, not like you are going to win. The very next day I got the email that I won the Car land trip! I so enjoyed calling my son! Haha ::yes::

Keep entering! People DO win!

Ive won a few small things too in my life. Ive won raffle sort of things and some sweepstakes, normally 2nd prize:wicked tickets, (though i had to pay 50 for them but it was worth it!) a velvet jewelry box from a movie contest for marie antoinette(i was supposed to get some beauty products too but those were never sent to me), a year pass for my family for our rec center, harry's wand from warner brothers, and most recently I won 2 one day one park passes for universal studios orlando(which were just fedexed to me and gave me a heart attack because I thought it was from disney!)

My dh gives me a hard time cuz he thinks its ridiculous that I put in for things and says its the reason I get so much spam and telemarketer calls. :rotfl: but hey, i figure if i dont try ill never win

I've been entering every day but I think I've already used up my luck in winning a Disney cruise back when I was 14! We were on the Magic and got picked to play the now long lost Who Wants to be a Mousekateer show. My seat was randomly chosen from the whole theater to come up and play, and being under 18, I was allowed to bring up my mom, the Disney guru. It took all our lifelines but we won the grand prize, a return 7-night cruise for two!

First things first...
CONGRATS GANTU! Such a great feeling, I'm sure, to get the official confirmation and such. Bet you can't wait to get going on all the fun planning. What a great way to start off 2013!

Okay, ask and you shall receive...here goes the Aerosmith story...sorry to be off topic but humor me just a second.

So, I was lucky enough to have an AMAZING job before I had my kids where I worked for a special charity that did fantastic work for our military both here and abroad. My awesome job was in public relations, publicity, promotion and special event planning. I was blessed enough to meet some fabulous (and some -- not so fabulous) celebrities.

Well, shortly after 9/11, some of us worker bees were invited backstage after an Aerosmith show. They had done some "meet and greets" with the troops and their families so we already knew they were very military friendly and we had spent some time with them previously so it was just like a little thank you so to speak for all of our hard work.

Backstage was un-freaking-believable. Everyone from the band, to the extra musicans to the roadies, caterers, etc. was so wonderful and friendly and welcoming. They kept saying thank you to us -- the little people -- for all the hard work we did for the military and their families. We were like no we do it for them, they are the ones who really make all the sacrifices.

Each member of Aerosmith personally shook our hands and said the most sincere "thank you." I got hugs from everyone, but a big kiss right on the cheek from Steven. He was very sweet and so kind just like a father figure so to speak, making sure we were comfortable and didn't need anything. They even said some special words about our charity during the show.

The night was incredible and one I will never forget...I have the pictures framed to prove it :)

But, the best part -- by far -- was that Aerosmith continued to do stuff for our charity for many many years. And -- here's why I'll be a fan for life -- they did it all without any publicity. They worked very hard to keep all of their shows, meet and greets, etc. very hush-hush. I thought this was so incredibly admirable. They wanted the attention to be on the true heros - the men and women of our armed forces - and not on them and/or their celebrity status. Made my job really hard, but gave me soooooo much respect for them as individuals.

They volunteered countless hours at Walter Reed and Bethesda to spend time and bring gifts to injured troops you just cannot imagine. Anytime they were near the DC area, they stopped by -- and without fanfare. If you didn't know they were there (which obviously I knew b/c I was coordinating it), you would have never suspected it.

Totally down to earth amazing people with really lovely families.

To tarzansmom, I'm so happy your son had such a memorable interaction with him. He's got to be my favorite celebrity that I ever got to meet and I met alot of them. What a cool story for him to tell as he grows up.

As for me, when we decided to start a family, I had to leave that awesome job so that my husband and I could spend time together on the same continent :rotfl2: But, the memories I hold in my heart from that time are priceless.

Luckily, I have my greatest blessings (my three little ones) to make new memories now and have a pretty cool job to boot!

Soooo, if you are still reading....that's my LONG Aerosmith story. Hope it gave you a little smile.

And, pixie dust to all the DisPals...now where are those darn winners hiding??? Let's go Dis'sers :woohoo:

That's awesome Shea. I agree he was so nice. I have met a few celebs myself when I worked for CASA which I also left to start a family. We had numerous celebs send donations and attend our fundraisers. Other than my meeting with mister Rogers who I expected to be very friendly, Stephen Tyler was the most down to earth celeb I ever met. We didn't ask for a pic tho. I wasn't sure it would be proper etiquette as he was on vacation. That being said at 9 my son has told all his friends, not that many know who he is but most of their parents are jealous, lol.

So, kind of OT, but how do you know where to enter things daily? (not this contest, but in general)

Hey everyone, I've been lurking since this blog began but not posting until now. first of all, congrats on the win Gantu! I hope you luck spreads to the rest of us!

I hope I win, i want to take my DS to Disney for the first time, and it's kind of impossible now because of money, but he is only 4 and he knows so much about DW and he asks me every day if we can go to Disney world, and he has a piggy bank for DW. I just want him to experience the magic that we all love so much. I really hope I win, and I hope everyone else here wins too!!!:hyper:

My husband called from his work to me at my work, just to say hi. The whole time I'm like "did you win, is that why you are calling?, are you going to surprise me with the win?" LOL, poor guy was just trying to be sweet lol!

Doorbell just rang.... its about the time FedEx usually comes since our neighborhood is the last drop off area of the night due to being near the trucking facility.

DH "Did you order something? I think it's Fed Ex."

Me :eek::eek::eek:

DH "Oh, it's a kid from the neighborhood selling magazines."

Me "Stupid Kid!"

:rotfl2:

OMG. That is a great story!!! I think I recognize that stadium too. Is that FedEx field? We are Redskins fanatics and that looks mighty similar to our second home (well, other than WDW -- LOL). I've been to many a concert there. Kenny Chesney pretty much ever summer and although we can get pretty decent seats, never oh never, that good a seat.

Good for you and what a tale you have to tell.

I got kissed by Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), but that's story for another time :banana:

Best wishes DisPals

Oh no.....we want to hear that one!

I've never won a big contest, per se. The closest is when I went to see Paul McCartney in concert a few years back. My best friend and I could only afford the really cheap seats waaaaaaaaaay up in the back, but we didn't really care - we bonded in middle school over our love of the Beatles and were just so excited to get to have this concert experience together.

As we were sitting in our seats waiting for the show to start, a guy came over to us and asked how many people were in our party, and if we could come with him. We were spazzing out wondering if something was wrong with our tickets! Turns out, he worked for Paul McCartney, and during each of his concerts, Paul buys out the entire front row of seats and has his team randomly pick people to upgrade to the front row. I nearly burst into tears then and there. Never in a million years would have expected that to happen, and it was the greatest night of my life!

Our original seats:
6571_585330006963_1613045_n.jpg

New seats!
6571_585330081813_6174582_n.jpg

That is so awesome! I love Sir Paul. What luck!

Doorbell just rang.... its about the time FedEx usually comes since our neighborhood is the last drop off area of the night due to being near the trucking facility.

DH "Did you order something? I think it's Fed Ex."

Me :eek::eek::eek:

DH "Oh, it's a kid from the neighborhood selling magazines."

Me "Stupid Kid!"

:rotfl2:

Oh, that just SO funny!!!!

Just a little update....we are the Jan 2 winners, today we had to just pick a prize package and hotel.

We wont hear much more till the contest is over.

You know, there are just the best post's in this thread and some really great people!
thank you so much to everyone!!

....STILL hoping to hear from WDW telling my DH that he's won for his birthday [today]....:hyper:

everyone keeps getting excited about the Fed Ex trucks.....but I don't think they send out the Fed Ex until they speak to you via phone or email to confirm all your information. SO, what we need to be getting excited about is checking our Spam folders every 5 minutes for new emails. Not that I've been doing that or anything. :rolleyes1

everyone keeps getting excited about the Fed Ex trucks.....but I don't think they send out the Fed Ex until they speak to you via phone or email to confirm all your information. SO, what we need to be getting excited about is checking our Spam folders every 5 minutes for new emails. Not that I've been doing that or anything. :rolleyes1

Pretty sure this is the only time in my life I have been excited to see email in my junk mail folder...That and jumping every time the phone rings or makes a noise - seriously? :rotfl2:

Oh, that just SO funny!!!!

Just a little update....we are the Jan 2 winners, today we had to just pick a prize package and hotel.

We wont hear much more till the contest is over.

You know, there are just the best post's in this thread and some really great people!
thank you so much to everyone!!

So you do get to choose. I'm picking Grand Californian if I win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter