Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

all this time I've been fantasizing about which Deluxe I'll pick if (when :rotfl:) I win and it just now occurred to me ----- maybe I should consider choosing DL! I'm a WDW nut and know next to nothing about DL and I don't know that we'll ever decide to go there, but if it's FREE (well.....70% discount anyways after taxes, lol) -- maybe I should think about that instead?!?!??! Esp. since we're doing WDW this April, DH will have NO desire to go back to WDW so soon; I was thinking I would just take my sister. But he would def. go for DL......and the weather there is bearable in the summer, isn't it? Not like WDW in the summer? Hmmm, that's something to consider, that's we could go in the summer......:rolleyes1

We go to WDW quite often, like Francie so we chose DL as well. We had never been before and we went in July and the weather was awesome. We had to wear sweatshirts and jeans in the evenings, something we hadn't done here in Georgia since April. We were so glad we picked DL, especially with Carsland just opening right before we went! :)

Can someone please tell me if you get pick as the winner will disney call three people on Monday because of saturday and sunday or do they call you on the weekend if you is the winner for that day

Can someone please tell me on Monday will disney call three people because of saturday and sunday or do they call you on the weekend

Nunnie I don't think anyone knows. I assume they'll draw a couple of names on Monday and contact people then. I think for the OMDD contest last year they actually did a couple of days winnings at a time, so instead of picking a winner each day they picked a handfull at one time, like once a week or something like that. It might be different for this one though. I'm pretty sure they don't contact you on the weekend, as they're a normal M-F business I'm sure...

One of the winners can correct me, but I believe from reading the contest thread last year that the week (or weekend) of Thanksgiving was blocked out, as well as the week between Christmas and New Years, but the other dates around that time were available.

For last years contest there were indeed blackout dates, mostly around the holidays like you said, Thanksgiving and Christmas. There were other dates too that you couldn't go on, like July 4th I believe and a few during peak times I think. So unfortunately you probably won't be able to take a holiday visit :(

We live an hour from WDW and practically live there so when we won OMDD, we chose DL and I am so glad that we did! We had never been before and it was so awesome to go somewhere different! I really enjoyed it there and the weather is more bearable than here in Florida!

We also go to WDW a lot. We live 3 hours away. IF we win, we were are definitely thinking about DL. Did you extend your stay? Which resort did you stay at?

So how many winners (total and/or on the DIS) do we know of so far? I had only heard of one...

Speaking of which, congratulations Gantu!!! :wizard:

Joining and hoping for some Disney magic :thumbsup2 airfare is crazy high...nothing under $350 so that's too much for the six of us....winning would surely help:)

I won a OMDD trip last year and this is how it works: the value of the trip is added to your total income for the year that you went on the trip. I won in 2012 and went in 2012 so the value will be added to my 2012 income; so it will look like I made $6000 more this year than I actually did and since I didn't pay taxes on the winnings, it will have to be paid when I file my tax return. I'm guessing it will be around 2k but we knew that when we won and adjusted our pay check withholdings to make up for it.

Yes thats exactly how it worked when we won our trip (not disney).

caralyn817 said:
We also go to WDW a lot. We live 3 hours away. IF we win, we were are definitely thinking about DL. Did you extend your stay? Which resort did you stay at?

We stayed at the Grand Californian and it was beautiful!! We had a courtyard view room and sat on our balcony and watched the monorail go right past us! We extended our stay and spent a week in California touring San Diego and Hollywood so it was a lot of fun since we had never been out west. We never could have afforded it on our own and since Disney picked up the airfare and most of the hotel cost, we figured we'd take advantage of it.

camsmama said:
We stayed at the Grand Californian and it was beautiful!! We had a courtyard view room and sat on our balcony and watched the monorail go right past us! We extended our stay and spent a week in California touring San Diego and Hollywood so it was a lot of fun since we had never been out west. We never could have afforded it on our own and since Disney picked up the airfare and most of the hotel cost, we figured we'd take advantage of it.

That's awesome! If we win, I think we will extend our trip as well. I would want to do San Fran and Yosemite. We have friends who just moved to San Fran so we could visit them while there.

caralyn817 said:
That's awesome! If we win, I think we will extend our trip as well. I would want to do San Fran and Yosemite. We have friends who just moved to San Fran so we could visit them while there.

It was so fun! We went to the San Diego Zoo which was amazing and LaJolla and Coronado Island which were beautiful! We got to see Santa Monica and Hollywood which was really cool! I never in a million years thought I'd ever get to see California! I want to go to San Francisco and Yosemite so bad!

Can someone please tell me if you get pick as the winner will disney call three people on Monday because of saturday and sunday or do they call you on the weekend if you is the winner for that day

I don't think any of us were contacted on the weekend for the OMDD sweepstakes. They seemed to contact people every few days or so, not every day but who really knows what they were doing.

I know you asked this to Francie, but we did kind of the same thing. We didn't extend our days at DL, but we went to San Diego, Coronado, La Jolla, and Legoland as well. We were able to stay an extra week and a half and they had no problems booking our flights. I just had to say what dates we wanted to fly.

Although I requested the Grand Floridian our Disney rep told me that there were no rooms available so we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. It was amazing! We would never have had the opportunity to take such a great trip if it wasn't for winning this one. :)

Yes, you pay the taxes for the year you take the trip. You also can keep track of airfare and discounts at the resorts and ask for a revised 1099 if you could have booked the same trip cheaper.

I "saved the offer" for the same vacation that we took on the WDW website and then printed the reservation confirmation as proof of what I could have booked the resort forour dates at a lower price than they put on the 1099.

Does that make sense? You can dispute the 1099 if you can prove you could have booked the same trip for less.

Do you have to pick the airline that they flew you on? For instance if they flew you on Delta but you normally fly SW, can you use that to adjust the room?

And what if you have a specific PIN or Discount like a friends and famliy CM discount. Meaning that could have been booked for YOU but not for the general public, could you do that too?

Just curious. :blush:

Do you have to pick the airline that they flew you on? For instance if they flew you on Delta but you normally fly SW, can you use that to adjust the room?

And what if you have a specific PIN or Discount like a friends and famliy CM discount. Meaning that could have been booked for YOU but not for the general public, could you do that too?

Just curious. :blush:

I don't know about the flights, but with regards to the pin code - I think you could use those discounts if you had one for the time the trip is scheduled. If that happens, just enter the code onto the Disney website and create a vacation package that matches what you would be winning (in terms of tickets/room), and print out a copy of the page that has the total.

Did everyone enter today? pixiedust:

I got a phone call the day after I entered, so maybe they are doing phone calls this time.

I know you asked this to Francie, but we did kind of the same thing. We didn't extend our days at DL, but we went to San Diego, Coronado, La Jolla, and Legoland as well. We were able to stay an extra week and a half and they had no problems booking our flights. I just had to say what dates we wanted to fly.

Although I requested the Grand Floridian our Disney rep told me that there were no rooms available so we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. It was amazing! We would never have had the opportunity to take such a great trip if it wasn't for winning this one. :)

We extended our stay by one night (thanks to Gay Days rate codes), but we used our park hoppers the first day, so by the last, we just went to Downtown Disney and tried to spend our gift cards. We still have $400 left, so darn it, I guess we need to go back!

We extended our stay by one night (thanks to Gay Days rate codes), but we used our park hoppers the first day, so by the last, we just went to Downtown Disney and tried to spend our gift cards. We still have $400 left, so darn it, I guess we need to go back!

Debby, you need to come to WDW in May when Brent, Francie, and I are there to spend it. ;)

suevr said:
Debby, you need to come to WDW in May when Brent, Francie, and I are there to spend it. ;)

Yes, absolutely you need to, Debby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter