Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by BridgetR3, Dec 31, 2012.

1. camsmama

camsmama "One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

I flew from Orlando, FL to LAX on Virgin America. What airline you fly on depends on where you fly out of/into and who Disney has a contract with.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. camsmama

camsmama "One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Yes, you pay air fare, additional park tickets and other expenses out of pocket for the 5th person. A lot of the rooms can accommodate 5 people, but if not, you are responsible for getting a second room and paying for it OOP.

4. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

That is Canadian law. All sweeps have that addendum for those entering from Canada. And as I understand it, the question is some thing like, 2 + 2 = ? .

5. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

What's the purpose of that?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

6. Mikes:)Mom

Mikes:)Mom Mouseketeer

I'm assuming it means the original winner turned down the trip or they did not respond. so a new winner was picked. me.

I didn't ask what 'alternate' winner meant. I didn't care. Still don't :confused3

7. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

If the person whose name was originally picked as the winner declines or fails to respond or is disqualified, then they pick an alternate winner.

8. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...oh....so, it's not like dangling a carrot in front of the person...they are the 'new' winner.....;)

9. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

LOL You would have to ask the Canadian lawmakers that question. :)

10. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

No winners on here today?? I wonder if they are calling winners every day?

11. cajunprincess

cajunprincess DIS Veteran

I haven't seen any on here today. IF it can't be me that wins, I'd so love to see others on here win! LOL. It's so much fun to share in the excitement of other people! :goodvibes

Maybe they didn't call today! We can only hope! :rolleyes1

12. handustmom

handustmom Mouseketeer

We flew on Delta from Atlanta to Orlando.

13. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

I agree - it's fun to live vicariously!!!!!!

14. lroger01

lroger01 Touring the parks one Mickey bar at a time!

Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
    What's the purpose of that?

I believe Canadian law prohibits chance contests. By having to answer a simple math question the contest is no longer determined by "chance" but becomes an academic contest.

15. watkinsme

watkinsme I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

we flew delta from chs-atl-lax

then home we flew us airways via united on a red eye lax-dulles-chs

when I submitted my requests I looked ahead and asked for a specific flight....which was booked - then the return flight was cancelled - hence the mess of the way home....and it was a mess - took 6+ hours to get straight

16. cristen72

cristen72 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I guess you'd have to see if they'd let you select a resort where the room could hold 5 people. Either that or select a value resort if money is tight (like it would be for my coworker as well as myself if I had a family of five ). No staying in a deluxe because some wouldn't be able to pay for an additional room.

17. disneynan

disneynan DIS Veteran

I think all of the Deluxe resorts can accommodate 5 in a room. That will be our plan if we win. I have really spotty service at work and must have checked my phone 100 times today just in case!

18. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

I have been entering no problem from Canada... they want you to put a space in the Postal Code between the first 3 and last 3 number/letter combinations.

19. lvjen777

lvjen777 disney ♥ addict

I did send in photos. However, I believe it was optional & I still don't know why they asked for them? :confused3

I also was one who didn't get a phonecall.. Too bad, because everybodys calls sound fun/funny. Not sure why they didn't call, but I later found out they tried to email me but had my email mis-spelled. All I got was the fedex.

We added on two nights, but not adding on any park time. We decided to spend our two travel days with some shopping/swimming/out-of park dining etc.

Enjoy the planning -- that is DEFINITELY the best part!!

20. handustmom

handustmom Mouseketeer

We didn't send in a picture. We got that affidavit out the same day it arrived, lol!

My DH is actually the one that won the trip. After he called and told me he had to call them back to make sure he had given them our correct address, lol!

We added one night at Pop Century to maximize our park days. We had them add it at the beginning of our trip so we would start at a value and end at the deluxe (we stayed at the Poly). It was a great trip and I'm sure yours will be too! pixiedust:

Congratulations on the win, and enjoy the planning!!

21. lthiesfeld07

lthiesfeld07 Mouseketeer

I really hope I win! I entered every day last year, and so far every day this year!
    My family really needs a vacation together. I'm sure many others feel the same way.
    I've been entering my younger sister, my mom and myself using separate emails.

I can't wait to hear from everyone who wins though!
    Please post your detailed plans if you do! :)