• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Park Ticket Question

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
We are going for 6 day in August....only two of those days will we be hopping at night to a different park.....a 6 days hopper for 3 adults is 930.86 but an 8 day non hopping pass for 3 is 858.86 a little savings...are you allow to use a second park day for a second entrance in the same day to a different park....or do you have to have a hopper pass???just wondering if this is possible...would save a little money....any help would be appreciated....

No you are not allowed to do this :(...the tix can only be used at 1 park per day and it will not allow you to enter another park...I thought this too when I was first planning cause we would probably only hop 1 or 2 days and it just doesnt seem work the extra for that.

Yep, can't do it. We were told we could by someone at Disney reservations when we were planning, but when we tried to get into another park the same day they said no, can't do it.

You can hold off on adding the hopping feature until you need it. You can even add the hopping feature (same $58. cost) upon arrival at the second park that day.

On a party night such as Not So Scary Halloween you can use the party ticket (typically after 4 PM) without hopping on your regular ticket you just used elsewhere, or even with no regular ticket at all.

You can go in an out of the same theme park without the hopping feature.

You do not need the hopping feature to mix water park fun with one theme park visit on a given day.

So let me understand this; If I have a 6 day non hopper pass, I can not go to each of the four parks on 4 separate days, then on the 5th day, use two days of the pass to go to 2 different parks on the same day? That seems a bit crazy to me... if I choose to use a full day admission for 2 hours, that should be my choice. No?

if I choose to use a full day admission for 2 hours, that should be my choice. No?

you're not paying a "full day admission." if you go to the ticket window and order another one day pass for $80+, they will absolutely let you in (for 2 hours even).

but disney discounts the extra days on multi-day passes pretty significantly. their passes, their rules.

edited to add: and the rules clearly say that on the 5th day, you can use the 5th day of a 6-day ticket, BUT you cannot use the 6th day of the ticket on the 5th day.

So let me understand this; If I have a 6 day non hopper pass, I can not go to each of the four parks on 4 separate days, then on the 5th day, use two days of the pass to go to 2 different parks on the same day? That seems a bit crazy to me... if I choose to use a full day admission for 2 hours, that should be my choice. No?

The problem is that given your scenario, the difference between a five day and a six day pass is only $8 ($251 vs. $259) On the other hand, the cost of the hopper option is $55 for a 5 day ticket ($251 vs. $306). After day three, disney greatly discounts the price of an additional day. The idea is to keep you at Disney so you spend money on food and souviners there. If you were to use two addmissions on the same day, you are not likely to spend more than if you just used one. I know everyone would like to pay less, but Disney sets the rules. If you want to play you have to abide by their rules.

The same ticket card cannot be used at a second theme park on the same day unless it has the hopping feature.

Extend your stay a few more days and then you can use more "days" off of your non-hopping pass.

If it would be that easy then additional days on a pass wouldn't be so much less then adding on the park hopping option. :)

I can honestly say that on every trip the last 5 years I see people stopped at the turnstile trying to you another day instead of PH, and the CM explains why this can't be done.

You are not buying 6 tickets with a 6 day non-hopper. You are buying six DAYS of admission to a SINGLE park on each day. So actually it makes perfect sense. You can go to one park on any of 6 days of your choice within 14 days after first use. You are not getting 6 tickets...but 6 separate days.

Everyone would just opt for the much less expensive extra day and never opt for the hopper if they allowed this.

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $8.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $55 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Or, as I have occasionally told Guests who were arguing with me about using a different day on the ticket: (note day of week stated can vary)

The turnstile computer thinks today is Friday. The turnstile computer at the other park also thinks today is Friday. The two turnstile computers talk to each other. If you can convince this turnstile computer that today is not the same Friday as the other computer thinks, it will let you in.

The cost to add hopping (or WPF&M) is $55 ($58.58 including tax) per ticket. It does not matter if it is adult or child, two days or ten days, first day of use or last day of use, the price is the same. (For a Florida Resident it is $27 plus tax.) (Note to add hopping to a one day ticket is $35 ($37.28 including tax).)

So if you are not sure, don't order them. If you find you do need them, then upgrade your tickets at any ticket window or Guest Relations Office. It only takes a minute or so.

I used to go to WDW every year, but as my kids are now much older, I have not been in many years... I have not been since the ticket options have changed to hopper/non hopper. Glad I checked here before purchasing, it makes perfect sense now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter