• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Park Hopper. Yes or No.

troll181

Mouseketeer
Trip planed for Apr.27-May11/14. Wondering if hopper pass would be beneficial?

Adds flexibility at a cost. Only you can know if it makes sense to do. But, you can wait to decide to get it until you decide you want to hop--cost is the same.

I think it's a personal preference really. The first time I went we didn't have them so it was 1 park a day which was nice because there was no dashing around from place to place.
The last time I went we had hoppers which was great when my boys had enough of AK we stopped at MK for a quick Buzz ride before going back to the hotel, I think we did that a couple of times actually - they couldn't get enough of that ride!!!
We booked our next trip yesterday and have hoppers again just in case. I would rather have the option to move somewhere else and not use it than want to and not be able to.

Well yes and no. With the new system fastpass+ you can prebook rides etc in just one park per day. When I went last month I planned just one park a day but opted for park hopper option because MK was open until 1am and after we went to Epcot for the day we partied like mad in an empty MK…so yes park hopper..and no not necessary if you have time. tough call….

I think it's a personal preference really. The first time I went we didn't have them so it was 1 park a day which was nice because there was no dashing around from place to place. The last time I went we had hoppers which was great when my boys had enough of AK we stopped at MK for a quick Buzz ride before going back to the hotel, I think we did that a couple of times actually - they couldn't get enough of that ride!!! We booked our next trip yesterday and have hoppers again just in case. I would rather have the option to move somewhere else and not use it than want to and not be able to.

There is no reason I can think of that you would not be able to.

I think it's a personal preference really. The first time I went we didn't have them so it was 1 park a day which was nice because there was no dashing around from place to place.
The last time I went we had hoppers which was great when my boys had enough of AK we stopped at MK for a quick Buzz ride before going back to the hotel, I think we did that a couple of times actually - they couldn't get enough of that ride!!!
We booked our next trip yesterday and have hoppers again just in case. I would rather have the option to move somewhere else and not use it than want to and not be able to.

That will never happen - you can add park hopping (for the same price) to your tickets at any time during your trip.

If I wasn't sure that I would use it, I would wait. Why waste $60 per ticket?

A two week trip? Possibly. I usually write out a rough schedule and see how many times we would actually use them, and then see if its worth that money to us.

troll181 said:

I'm getting park hoppers for my trip, we'll be there Jan 3rd to the 9th. I'm not going to be there that long, so in order to go to some parks more than once, I wanted to get hoppers. Now if I was going for more like 2 weeks, I'm not sure if I would, since I feel like I'd have a lot of time to go to each park a few times

For ME it would be worth it. If a park gets crowded (school field trips or *whatever*) I'm free to hop to another. Also, I find little food at DHS with much appeal, so I will hop over to Epcot to eat.

Its all personal preference. My first 4 trips I didn't have park hoppers, and spent all day, each day in a park and never felt like I had seen everything there was to see. My last 2 trips, I had park hoppers, but really never needed them. It seemed to take too much time to move from park to park, and there are still things I haven't seen in each park.

That being said, the day it rained on me in HS, I was grateful to have them. Jumped over to MK as it seemed there were more places to stay drier (not dry, just not as soaking) there.

My opinion is that unless you have been multiple times and are getting "jaded" to not get them. Just make sure you plan your park days carefully (crowd calendars, things to see / do) before you get there.

We've always done PH, but it depends on your vacation style. We like a TS dinner every night, usually in Epcot or at a resort. With PH we can go to whatever park we want in the morning then hop to Epcot for dinner. We are rope-droppers almost everyday. We hit the rides non-stop til after lunch, then take an afternoon break. FP+ doesn't change this for us, all FP are for am park late morning/early afternoon. When we return in the evening, we might go on a ride with a short standby line, but usually we shop, enjoy taking in the sights, eat a nice dinner and watch fireworks and parade. So for us, PH is necessary.

With the new FP+ it seems park hopper will be a waste.... you can't get fastpasses for 2 parks in one day and with the fast passes spread out throughout the day it doesn't make sense to park hop.

The only exception would be if you went to a extra magic hour in the morning at one park, did all you could in that hour to two then went to a different park which you have reserved fast passes already.....

For me personally, no, we never use them. I pre-plan which park we are going to for that day, and if the weather is icky or if it gets super crowded in the afternoon, we just go back to the hotel to use the pool until later in the evening. We usually go in off-season for 8-10 days at a time though, so we have more time to be flexible with. It is really a matter of personal preference though.

I agree with a PP's advice. If you aren't sure you are going to use them, wait until your trip. If you feel the need to have them, you can add them on during your trip for the same cost.

Benefficial? Possibly. Necessary? Definitely not. We have very rarely used them. Like several other posters, I'd recommend getting tickets without PHs and then just add the option if and when you think you need them.

We like to hop and do so frequently. But we've been a lot, know what we like and what we don't like, and enjoy the freedom to travel between the parks at will.

We hop every day we're there. We'll go to one park in the morning and usually eat lunch there and go to another park in the afternoon where we have dinner ADR's in the evening. Then I usually end up at Epcot in the evening for Illuminations.

I think being in one park all day would be boring. Everybody loves hitting two parks per day so we keep doing it.

Last trip I hit them all in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter