• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Paint

liltee

Earning My Ears
My daughter has chosen a couple Disney paint colours for her new big girl bedroom but I am having trouble finding anyone able to replicate the colour as the "colour codes" on the samples I have (which I've had forever apparently) are no longer recognized by the paint stores system when creating the colour mix to make the paint. Is anyone able to help me locate current information. Specifically we are hoping for the codes for "Cool Marine" and "Enchanted Violet".... Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure that if you go to a paint store (only one i can think of is Dulux) they should be able to help you. I seem to remember they had a fancy-smanchy tool that you can use to match ANYTHING. If not i know our local Home Hardware is amazing when it comes to this .. they will do their absolute best to create a match that is very close to anything i take in. It might not be the "exact" shade but just tell you daughter it is :P Some store even sell small sample bottles so you could paint a swatch on her wall to actually show her. Good luck!

The Disney colours were Behr from Home Depot. Did my daughter’s room in the Hanna Montana scheme complete with polka-dots and stripes. Was pretty cool, and hours to complete. I could have cried when she painted over it last year. She’s an adult now, so I can understand why.

HD has a colour match machine that calculates the tints for pretty much anything. If you take your colour chip to them (the Disney chips were pretty big), they should be able to scan it and match it on site. I’ve used this to match other paints for touch-ups with pretty good results.

Yep. Agree with the PPs. Just about any store that sells paint will have the machine that colour matches any sample that you bring in ( I use our local Benjamin Moore shop). The nice thing with this is that you can use just about any brand of paint and still get the colour you want, no matter who produced the paint chip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter