Disney/Package Discounts-How it works if you already have a reservation

slyster

DIS Veteran
So, it's been a few years and I'm not a Disney regular, but I do remember purchasing a package that was discounted the last time we stayed. What I am wondering is this...do most folks make a reservation at the resort they prefer well in advance and then they wait to see if there is a discount? I know restaurant reservations open up 180 days in advance and sometimes resort/package discounts don't happen until a few months or less.

Does Disney allow you to change/adjust your reservation so that you can take advantage of a newly advertised discount? or do they only allow those discounts to new reservations? Thanks in advance for your help :-)

You can add a discount to a package or room only reservation that has already been booked. Just call them. It's very easy to do and people do it all the time.

well thank you for the quick response! I'm a frequent cruiser and a lot of the discounts are applied to new reservations only so I'm glad Disney lets you apply their discounts to existing reservations!

It basically works the same as if you booked it fresh. There's no advantage to having a reservation first.

If there are 10 rooms available to apply the discount and your the 11th person, you can't apply it. If they can, you won't notice anything different on your end aside from the difference in cost.

It basically works the same as if you booked it fresh. There's no advantage to having a reservation first.

If there are 10 rooms available to apply the discount and your the 11th person, you can't apply it. If they can, you won't notice anything different on your end aside from the difference in cost.

This ^^^. If what you have booked is available under the discount, it can be applied to your existing reservation. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort and/or room type as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter