• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Package Delivery

we stayed at AKL last year and they delivered to our room???
2 years before that we had a package for the room next to us... (yes this could be described as an issue)
maybe it varies by time of year...
I know we never picked up at the gift ship but I have not used it for a long time before last year.

The only times we have it delivered directly to our room and not the store is when we are staying Club Level. We go every year. Maybe some resorts have different policies, but I know this is usually a perk associated with a club level stay.

We stay deluxe and our trips since 2011 were always delivered to the gift shops! I know years ago they delivered to your room. We stayed in POR back in 2002 and I think they delivered to our room then, but I don't remember.

Edit: now that I think about it we stayed WL, YC, and AKL in 2003,2006, and 2008 and we had to pick up at gift shop

That is so odd, we went every year from 1998 to 2006, staying usually at BC, AKL, or GF, and we always had it delivered to our room. Maybe it depends on the time of year?

That is so odd, we went every year from 1998 to 2006, staying usually at BC, AKL, or GF, and we always had it delivered to our room. Maybe it depends on the time of year?

You were there during the time they still delivered to rooms. I don't know the exact year they changed but I know it's been at least 4 years.

Maybe it was the time of year, I am not sure. Either way whether it's the room or the gift shop it sure beats carrying the package around the park all day!!

I've used this service my last three trips (staying at YC, Poly, and POR). Never had items delivered to my room, but it was really convenient not to have to carry items around the parks. We'd just stop by the gift shop the next day on our way up to our room during our afternoon group or after visiting the parts at night. I loved the service. Even my kids liked it their first trip there, because as much as they wanted that giant stuffed Stitch, they didn't want to lug it around on rides!

The main thing I learned to get most of my shopping done before your last full day in the parks. I usually fly out early after my last day, so gift delivery to the resort wasn't an option that last day.

I love using the resort package delivery service, best thing I can say is to check your packages when you pick them up from the hotel gift shop. I've had an issue with a glass item I purchased being broken when I picked up my package but I had no problem having it replaced.

It's super easy to just run down to the hotel gift shop and pick up a package, I haven't had them delievered packages to my room unless we were staying CL, but still even without room delivery it's nice not to have to carry packages around the parks and Disney springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter