• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Outlet

emmakatbaby

Proudmomof3
Is one of the Disney Character Warehouse outlets better than the other in Orlando or are they pretty much the same as far as merchandise and prices?

i have only been to the vineland outlet but i've heard they are pretty much the same.

Vineland is the bigger store. Prices are comparable but they could have different items at each. Last time we stopped at both but my kids wanted to go to other stores at the International dr mall.

Is it difficult to get there, or back to, the resorts? We've never been, and always wanted to go, but at the same time only get to Disney every few years and don't want to waste time. The topic has come up again in our house.

Is it difficult to get there, or back to, the resorts? We've never been, and always wanted to go, but at the same time only get to Disney every few years and don't want to waste time. The topic has come up again in our house.

It's a short Uber ride away. I believe it's actually on Disney property (within walking distance of some of the College Program housing) but I don't think there's any way to get there by Disney guest transportation.

I am a local and I personally check out both, but if you are going to go shopping the outlet mall at the end of I drive is more of a real outlet mall. I have gotten lots of good deals especially lots of stuff all year to add to our Disney box, shirts for the grandkids, lots and lots of stocking stuffers ( pens, luggage tags, ornaments), I bought several backpack ( standard size) for 5 bucks during Christmas last year for our family trip that we took in January, I have also bought Disney beach towels for 5 bucks a couple of times. There have been D&B Disney as well as Vera Bradley purses, I bought a wallet for around 25 dollars. These stores have a high turnover so everything changes up constantly. So if you think you want it grab it or it will be gone.

The one closest to the park has a lot less clothes. Either way CM are the rudest you will ever find at both sites. They wont say hi or help. They stare into space lime zombies. Prices not like what they used to be but sometimes you may find something. The outlet near Miami has the best stuff, friendly people and feels more like a Disney Store.

Where can you find this outlet? Probably will be heading to Miami in a couple of weeks

The one closest to the park has a lot less clothes. Either way CM are the rudest you will ever find at both sites. They wont say hi or help. They stare into space lime zombies. Prices not like what they used to be but sometimes you may find something. The outlet near Miami has the best stuff, friendly people and feels more like a Disney Store.

Really I have always had good service and polite CM's at both stores, with that said with being a local I go into these stores a lot so my perception and experience if from a different avenue. Both of these stores are in mass chaos all the time, I have never been in either that you would call a slow time, and I have been there when they open first thing in the morning. A lot of the time there is a crowd waiting to get in. A couple of times have I asked if they had more or a different color or size of an item and they went to the store room to check for me. I just always try to put myself in the CM's shoes, could you imagine what they go through in a day, and even working for Disney they are all human, with good and bad days. With a million tourist's visiting here daily at some point you might feel like a zombie. Hopefully you will head back a give them another try. pixiedust:

You could grab breakfast at the resort, and Uber or Lyft over to the outlet, and if you are wanting to really shop more like make a day of it and want more of a outlet price go to the one at the end of I-Drive, if you want to just shop for a couple of hours then the one closest to Disney would be the way to go. We have friends that come from the UK and they plan a whole 2 days of shopping, they Uber to Krispy Kreme donuts across the street from the mall of Millennia, They love Krispy Kreme where they live its not available, then they shop in and around the mall, there are a lot of stores located around the mall and right across the street. Such as Target, Marshall, home goods, a dollar tree, DSW, Ulta, Yankee candle, and a bunch more. They walk back across to Olive Garden for dinner, something else they can get where they live, then Uber back to the resort. On the other day they Uber to the outlet, then to Olive garden again for dinner, Uber back to the resort. The point I guess I am trying to make is its okay to leave the park and make shopping part of your vacation experience. They enjoy the shopping as its not rushed, they take their time and relax.

The Outlet cast members are likely the same in other shops at WDW! We visited on our check in day last summer and the CAM was so nice he was asking where we were staying and it turned out he worked in that store too! He remembered us every time we were in our resort shop!

We shop at the Vineland one. We usually go the first day of vacation as my kids like to pin trade and you can always get much cheaper (authentic) pins at the outlets. Other stuff it can be really hit or miss. Probably one of the best deals we ever snagged was a ESPN jersey that was $12.95 at the outlet. They were still selling the EXACT same jersey at Team Mickey (when it was in DTD) for $50. I was happy that trip!

I've been to Vineland and Orlando International both a few times. Vineland was a bit bigger, but Orlando International (closer to Universal Resort) had a nicer selection IMO. I bought my Dole Whip ceramic trinket box at the Orlando International one for like $12.

If it's any help, I also just liked the Orlando International Premium Outlets a lot better in general. I felt like it was nicer to walk around in, had nicer stores and better dining options.

Both outlets are really good. I'm local and these stores are my go-to places every time my daughter has to go to a birthday party.

I was looking in fort Lauderdale, I had seen a Disney Character Warehouse there, does that mean it's an outlet?

I've been to the one on Vineland, and tried to go to the one at the end of I-Drive. Traffic was horrible around the I-Drive outlet mall and inside the parking lots. We finally gave up, left and went to the one on Vineland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter