• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney or BROKE!!! MAGIC MOMENT!! 6/18 We had the greatest trip ever!!!

How much did you learn about budgeting or planning from reading my report?

• Alot!

• Just a few things.

• Not much.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey!! I'm so glad you came back and posted about your trip :)

Gatorland looks like fun. Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Better late than never....:thumbsup2

Thanks guys!!! Glad to be back!!:surfweb:

Hi,

I am you are back:) How scary about the van I can't even imagine! I love the pictures of gatorland I can not believe you sat on one I would have wet myself lol!

OMG, I can't believe the same things you guys got fixed on the van are the very things that quit working on your trip.:sad2: So sorry you guys had to deal with that. I hope they "fixed" it for you again when you got home.:thumbsup2

Love the pics of Gatorland. Looks like a good time! The house you stayed in sounds nice too. I bet it was nice having your own pool the whole time. :woohoo:

I'm so excited that you're back and telling your trip stories.:banana:

Thankyou all for the words of encouragement!! Glad you haven't given up on me! :hug:

Just wait, you havent heard the last from the van. popcorn::

Day Three: Epcot!!!
Sleep In, swim, me and DSS will need to get some video games in!!
12:30 late breakfast in room: Jimmy Dean skillet/Frozen
2:00 leave Hotel
3:15-4:00 Innovations :-)sad1: no spaceship earth)
4:00-4:45 Lunch Electric Umbrella (would rather eat at Seasons but, we’ll see)
4:45-5:30 Nemo and friends
5:30-6:15 Soarin
Hopefully we will have time to bake some cookies!!
6:15-6:50 Honey I shrunk the audience:3dglasses
Walk to Norway
7:15-8:00 Maelstrom
TIP-Get bamboo in China(cheap souv.)
8:00-9:00 Dinner Mexico To-go
Find spot to sit near Showcase plaza while we eat.
TIP-watch wind direction to stay out of the smoke from the show!!
ILLUMINATIONS!! popcorn::

Day Four: Day Off
Breakfast: Ponderosa Buffet
Glow in the Dark Mini-golf at the Festival mall :woohoo:
Lunch: TGI Friday’s
I think the closest TGI’s to my house is also three hours away!!
Back to Hotel, swim, we love board games so maybe Disney Scrabble Junior!!!
Dinner in room: Swedish Meatballs, potato salad, bread n butta

2-4

Got to Epcot around 12pm. Spaceship Earth was open!!! I was so happy.:woohoo: I enjoyed the ride and at the end of the ride, it was my face that was dancing around on the screen so I was thrilled!!

DBF and I both think innovations was a waste of time. DSS liked the “Save this house” virtual firefighting game but was disappointed in the build your own robot section.
DSCF1224.jpg

DSS drinking the Beverly!! Afterward, he just gave me a look like, “Why am I drinking this?”. Come on, thats not the reaction I was looking for!!

I really like Sunshine seasons, there were SO many choices. DBF had the ½ chicken meal, and liked it. The Caesar salad I had was great!!
However something in the salad, a crouton probably, scratched the inside of my bottom lip and it became infected. Nothing serious just something that annoyed me for most of the trip.:headache:
DSS said he was starving so I got him a kids chicken leg meal with rice and pudding. He ate every bite.

The wait for soaring was 60 min so we went to get a fast pass and the return time was around 8pm!!! So we went on :“living with the land” hoping the soaring time would be down when we came out. Living was sssoo cool, we were all impressed. Soaring was still a long wait and the FP tickets were sold out. So we skipped it. Something I was not very happy about!! :sad2: :sad1: But I only pouted for a few minutes.

Finding Nemo ride was cool, we all love the movie, but it was the aquarium that struck a home run with us animal lovers!! We even got to see Mickey scuba diving!!
DSCF1239.jpg

DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF1229.jpg

DSCF1223.jpg

DSCF1222.jpg

DSCF1236.jpg

We did NOT like having to stand for 15 min in a large packed room before “Honey I shrunk the audience” and the movie was pretty short, however this was a must see for me so I guess I would do it over again! :3dglasses

We ended up going on the Mexico ride before heading over to the Norway ride, both were great. Got my bamboo planter in China and the CMs wrapped it up REAL nice in bubble wrap and cardboard with a handle that made it super easy to carry around!! However I have it listed on my PreTrip report as a cheap souv., but I couldnt find one under $40, I didnt care its so pretty!! FYI: My cat chewed up my bamboo plant when I brought it home so I had to put it out of reach. It survived but its not so pretty anymore.
DSCF1244.jpg

The dinner at the Cantina was YUMMY!! I love churros!!!!! We got the Nachos and the combo plate and it was just enough for all three of us to share., and was soooo good!! We stayed at our table for the night show and got lucky that we were not downwind. Illuminations was so great , I never forgot it from when I was younger and this time I got it on video on my camera!!!
DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1227.jpg

2-5
We had breakfast at I-Hop on International drive, the restaurant was dirty-grimy, and service was questionable, but the food was good.
We went to Festival Bay Mall and since “Putting edge” a glow in the dark putt-putt wasn’t open yet we played in the arcade for awhile.
Putting Edge was really cool, the set up was very well done and I got a HOLE IN ONE!! We found a used book store, which I am addicted to, and did some shopping there. Then we decided to go the Pirates Putt Putt pirate: where I got TWO HOLE IN ONEs!! They had a nice patio where we had some ice cream and played with lizards.:hippie:
DSCF1251.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1248.jpg

CiCi’s pizza buffet was really good , we all tried the Macaroni and Cheese pizza which we now plan to make at home. I ate like five cinnamon rolls!! Also there was a photo booth there and we jumped in to get some photo strips.
DSCF1515.jpg

UP NEXT --CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH DEVINE!!
showpost.php

Day Five: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast in room: Bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches
TIP- Arrive early parking lot is small
TIP- Before parks opens, cut through Rain Forest Café, go through gift shop and enter park this way. It’s a shortcut to Kilamon Safari
9:30-10:15 Kilamon Safari
10:15-10:45 Pangani Trail
TIP- Keep an eye out for DEVINE!!!
10:45-11:45 Train to Petting Zoo
11:45-12:15 Lunch Flametree
TIP- Go to lower “snake” dining area!
12:15-1:00 Kali River Rapids (unless its cold outside)
1:00-!:45 Maharajah Trail
1:45-2:15 Everest YETI!!! I may be the only one riding this!!
Walk to Dinoland
2:30-3:30 Bone yard This is also for me and DBF to rest we plan on bringing a snack to eat while here
3:30- 4:15 Dinosaur
TIP: Use net bags to store belongings so they don’t fly out of ride!
4:15-5:00 Tough to be a bug
Dinner: Outback, there is one on property, kind of!! I have never had a Bloomin Onion!!! YUMMY!!

2-6
When I went out to the van that morning to check the fluids and tires, it wouldn’t start!!! After I wiggled some wires around (this is what was supposed to be fixed before) it started.

We gratefully left for Animal Kingdom.
We went straight for the gift shop to wait for opening. I had forgotten my digital camera, so I purchused a disposable, but I think we still got some good pictures! There was another family standing around and they asked if I subscribed to Tour Guide Mike. Hey, my kind of people!! We had front row …standing for the opening show which I loved!! It was cool to see Mickey off in the distance by the tree of life.
We boogied straight to Kilimanjaro Safari!!

Our truck driver, Greg I think, was awesome so warm and funny, it was like having my dad as our guide.
tmp2F1.jpg

tmp2EF.jpg

tmp2ED.jpg

tmp2EB.jpg

tmp2E9.jpg

WHERE'S THE LION?
tmp2E7.jpg

Straight to Pangani trail, I love tigers, did I mention that before, yeah well I’m a cat person and I….Love Tigers. Also, I love bats, did I mention that before? I Love Bats….okay lets just say the only animals/insects I DON’T like are mosquitoes, flies, and earwigs. Everything else is wonderful and fascinating!!
tmp2E5.jpg

tmp2DD.jpg

When we came out of the trail King Louie and Baloo were signing autographs so I stopped and had them sign my picture frame! While I was waiting in line I noticed DEVINE strolling out of the woods. A lady in line with me said “Wow, what is that?”. I happily explained her name , that this was the only place to find her , and to that you should keep your distance from her. Yay, I got to spread some of my hard earned info. And got a nice picture with her too!!!
tmp2F3.jpg

tmp2DF.jpg

tmp2E1.jpg

I liked the train ride and that all the seats face one side and you got to see some of the “backstage” areas. At Rafiki’s Planet watch I got my second autograph with , the man…monkey himself.
tmp2E3.jpg

We had lunch at flame tree, I forgot to sit in the lower snake level and suffered with many ducks and seagulls stalking our every move. So remember, sit in lower eating area. DSS and I shared the ½ BBQ chicken and DBF had the turkey sandwich, all very good.

DSS was not excited about Kali River Rapids but said he would ride and not complain so we got to ride it together!! We got soaked!! It was cold in the shade so we stood on a bridge near the exit and warmed in the sun before moving on.

DSS, however refused to ride Mount Everest and DBF wasn’t in the mood for child swap so they went on ahead to Dinoland while I got in line. Our walkie talkies came in handy here. When I got in line I was given a red card on a neck rope and was told to give it to the CM at the end of the line. I learned that this is how they estimate wait times. The ride was terrifying!!!:scared1: I forced myself to keep my eyes open and my breathing steady and walked away unaffected. Afterwards I was able to appreciate it and and defiantly glad I got on the ride!!

After a quick check over the radio, I found my DBF and DSS heading for the bone yard. It turns out that while they were waiting in line for one of the rides in Dinoland, my DBF noticed a girl that looked just like his Bosses daughter. And it was!! What are the chances of seeing your boss and his family on vacation 3,000 miles away, in the middle of thousands of people!!! :cheer2:
It’s a small world after all, it’s a small world…okay sorry.
The Dinosaur ride was cool, not too scary for DSS. We let DSS play in the dino playground area some more and then headed for the exit.
tmp2DB.jpg

tmp2D9.jpg

tmp2F9.jpg

This time my Van wouldn’t start no matter how we wiggled the wires!!:sad2: A very nice security man in an SUV gave me a ride up to Customer Service and I called AAA. The tow truck driver had a friend that owned a taxi company so he called the taxi for us. They towed my Van to the local Dodge Dealership, who did a spectacular job of fixing my car and putting up with my hourly , choppy cell phone calls. I should mention the security guy was there the whole time writing down everyone’s names, license numbers and cell phone numbers, he made me feel very safe and protected!! I really appreciated it. :wizard:
The taxi driver however took us the long way, bringing our 10 mile drive to $50. :headache: I handed over the money with a smile, but without a tip. I called Hertz as soon as we arrived at the hotel and set up a rental for the next day. So everyone, don’t be afraid to tell your taxi driver to take the expressway and the correct exit, before its too late.
Okay now I know this sounds like a stressful situation, but I was kind of expecting it. In the end AAA paid for the towing, after some discussion (with the dealer I bought the van from) my warranty covered the repairs done!! AND the trip insurance I got refunded the rental car costs!! Not to mention it happened early in the trip so I wasn’t worried about it getting fixed in time. YAY The glass is half FULL baby!!:hippie: :flower3:

Up Next the "Force" is strong with this one!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25087681&postcount=111

Sounds like a great day at Animal Kingdom we didn't make it there last trip but are definitely going in June. I am going to ride EE but I am afraid I am trying to be brave though lol. I can not believe your van acted up again you handled the situation alot better that I could have. I hope that after those repairs that the van worked well the rest of the trip.

Your Safari pix came out great.

Sorry about the van, but it seems you were very calm and it didn't upset your trip at all.....

Sounds like a great day at Animal Kingdom we didn't make it there last trip but are definitely going in June. I am going to ride EE but I am afraid I am trying to be brave though lol. I can not believe your van acted up again you handled the situation alot better that I could have. I hope that after those repairs that the van worked well the rest of the trip.

I thought I was just trying to be brave too!! Luckily I had a nice man and his son to talk to in line and they kept me from getting anxious. :chat: It only "feels" somewhat faster than Thunder mtn. Not to mention it has a Yeti!! I would do it again!!!!

The Dodge Dealership did a great job fixing my van and we had no further problems!!:cloud9:

Your Safari pix came out great.

Sorry about the van, but it seems you were very calm and it didn't upset your trip at all.....

Thanks about the pix! I actually forgot to mention that I forgot my digital camera and had to buy a disposible. (must go back and edit) I would like to think I would have gotten a better pic of the lion with my digital, o well, I know where he is! :lmao:

I'm very grateful for my unstressful "van breakdown"! I knew it wouldn't cost me alot, and I figured I would panic about the van not being fixed in time, when that time came. And it didnt!! It was fixed with plenty of time!!:woohoo:

Wow, great update and loved all the pix!! You were so calm about all the van stuff. I can't say I would have been the same. :lmao: Glad it all got worked out, though. Looks like you guys had a great time at AK. :thumbsup2

Day Six: MGM, I mean Disney Studios…:sulley:
Breakfast in room: Pancakes, sausage
This one was confusing not sure if this plan will work with all the different show times!!!
9:00-9:35 Walk straight to Lights, Motor, Action for fast pass
9:35-10:15 Honey I shrunk playground
10:15-11:00 Lunch pizza at Toy Story Arcade
11:00-12:15 Indiana Jones
12:30-1:45 Car stunt Show????
TIP- Boring between stunts have Gameboy ready!!
1:45-2:15 Muppets
2:15-3:00 Star Tours:darth: :ewok: :chewy: :yoda:
NOTE:Okay I am the Star Wars FREAK I have loved the movies since I was a little girl and even though I'm not as big on the newer movies I still like them!!
This is the only area I may sacrifice the ride in order to stand in line to get autographs and pictures!! I hope I see Darth Vader, and he will mock a lightsaber fight with me!! DOWN WITH THE EMPIRE!! (yes I will have a lightsaber handy, feel free to call me a nerd!!) :lmao:
TIP: Another option for getting Autographs is getting a 8x10/4x7 picture frame mat(sp?) for characters to sign, then insert your favorite picture from the trip and you have a great, personal, cheap souviner!!
3:20-4:05 Playhouse Disney (DSS loves all the characters that will be performing while we are there)
4:05-4:20 Making of Narnia
4:20-5:20 Dinner Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package. It’s worth it to NOT have to wait in line too long. We will bring a gameboy or deck of cards to entertain while we wait for everyone else to get seated.
5:20-6:00 Great Movie ride
6:00-7:00 Get in Package seating!!!
7:00 FANTASMIC!!!!

5-7
Hertz rental lady picked me up around 8am, and I came back for the boys an hour later and headed for Disney Studios.
DSCF1294.jpg

Went straight for the Car Stunt Show fast passes but they said the park wasn’t busy enough for fast passes and the first show was a 1:20pm.
We spent an hour in the Honey I shrunk playground. It was awesome!!
DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

Then, after a quick ice cream snack, got in line for Indiana Jones. I was disappointed in this show, I forgot it was a “behind-the senses, while shooting a movie” show. I was looking forward to a re-enactment of one of the movies or a new adventure.
Pizza Planet was perfect, we all like video games. The boys weren’t hungry so I ate while they spent our quarters. My pepperoni pizza and chocolate milk were top quality:rotfl:
The car stunt show was very cool, DSS was in heaven. I had brought a blow up bath pillow, which I inflated and used as a cushion for protection from the metal bench seating.
While waiting in line for the star wars ride Darth Vader:darth: and some storm troopers came striding through the fast pass lane and disappeared through a door in the wall. Luckily I could see them coming and got my camera ready in time. No autographs or interaction though, they were moving fast.
DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF1281.jpg

DSS begged to go back to the playground so we spent another hour there before dinnerDinner at the Hollywood and Vine was very good. While I was trying to find a well-cooked piece of meat for my DBF the chef asked me if I liked Star Wars. He had seen my shirt of course. I said “ Oh yes, since I was a little girl, I love Star Wars!” He told me to hold on a second and disappeared into the kitchen. I was so happy when he came back out with a light saber key chain that lights up!!!:cool1: :chewy: :teeth: :yoda: I said thank you like a hundred times and people were starting to stare! The waitress was great and we all ate way too much.
We had just enough time to ride The Great Movie ride before going to the special Fantasmic entrance.
Here is our "Special entrance pass" the waitress gave us.
DSCF1502.jpg

We ended up close to the water. Again I used the bath pillow. There was about a hundred girls from south America all on various soccer teams, they had the entire crowd ,waiting for the show, doing the wave!! It was so awesome the crowd “waved” a good five times before the show finally started.:yay: :banana: :cheer2: It was an indescribable feeling!! Fantasmic itself was so magical it brought a tear to my eye!!:wizard:

UP NEXT OUR FIRST DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25359691&postcount=114

So cool that you received some Disney magic from a CM...:thumbsup2

You're day at DHS sounds very kickback...how nice is that.:thumbsup2

Buffets and I aren't the best of friends...I always overeat.

We drove through Atlanta, GA around 5:15 am, hoping to bet the rush hour traffic. Traffic was still crazy and the city seemed so huge to this back woods family!! :faint:
Never a good time to go through Atlanta. Always traffic.:sad2:
I went to Gaterland a LONG time ago. Don't remember much.
My brother always enjoyed the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum so we always went there too when I was younger.

We even got to see Mickey scuba diving!!
DSCF1239.jpg

Then we decided to go the Pirates Putt Putt pirate: where I got TWO HOLE IN ONEs!!
LOVE this pic.

We went to Pirates Cove last month in GA.
Puny went with us and I took a lot of pictures.
I'll be posting them sometime on my PTR.

Sorry about the van but I'm glad you were able to keep a good attitude.
So cool about the CM spreading some Pixie Dust.
Enjoying your TR.
All caught up now.

Chapter 6

Day Seven: Magic Kingdom!! :mickeyjum
Sleep in!!
Breakfast : IHOP
Take boat over (remember its slow)
1:00-1:45 Swiss tree house
TIP-Try the Dole Whip pineapple drink
Jungle Fastpass
1:45-2:30 Tiki Lounge
2:30-3:15 Jungle Cruise (snack time)
TIP-Ask to be skipper
3:15-3:30 Pirates pirate:
3:30-4:15 Lunch Mexican
4:15-5:00 Thunder Mountain
No Splash mountain:sad1:
5:00-5:45 Riverboat
5:45-6:30 Tom Sawyer Island
6:30-7:15 Presidents
7:15-8:00 Haunted Mansion :hmghost:
8:00-9:00 Dinner-Columbia To-go
Find spot to sit for Spectro/Fireworks
9:00 Spectro parade
10:00 Fireworks
TIP-When leaving take the “Resorts” monorail, instead of Trans center, the second stop is the parking lot.
TIP- Main street stays open later than the rest of the park.

tmp2F7.jpg

5-8
Took monorail over because DSS insisted. Managed to get in the front with the driver, and got some co-pilot licenses.
DSCF1505.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

I am a big fan of the movie Swiss Family Robinson so I loved the tree house.
DSCF1306.jpg
[/IMG]

Grabbed a dole whip, then waited outside Liki Tiki, no drinks allowed in line. In my very distant memory of Liki Tiki my family sat at a table, because I remember wondering where the food was. And I remember being shocked as all the walls and ceiling came to life,(my parents didn’t tell me what was going to happen) I absolutely love it when I was a kid. I really liked it this time also, except we were sitting in round theatre bench seating. I love Iago, from Aladdin so was glad to see he is the new host!
DSCF1317.jpg

On the Jungle Cruise the tour guide Aaron was hilarious, he had a very dry sense of humor. I opened my big mouth to point out that the big Jesus statue was in Rio De Janeiro, not Cozume, (sp?) when I realized he had set me up. I cant remember what his come back was but something along the lines of “Who’s running this show, lady?” My cheeks hurt from laughing when we got off the boat.
DSS loved the remote control boats outside the exit to Jungle Cruise. The controllers are …unconventional so a little hard to use.
DSCF1342.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

All three of us were grinning like fools while in line for the Pirates ride. We love the movies and our memories of the ride from childhood. I liked all the new additions and the rest took me back to the good old days!!
We spent a long time in the gift shop, DSS got a bag on gems, and sunglasses with ships and swords on em. I got in line to get Peter Pan and Wendy’s autographs.
I asked if I could “please, have their autographs” and Peter says
“You must know that Poppin’s lady?”
and I said “No, but I would love to!!”
Peter: “She would like you, (puts on a frown) she’s always telling me to mind my manners!” (then makes a face like he’s going to be sick)
It was pretty funny, even my boyfriend laughed at that!
DSCF1347.jpg

DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

Lunch at Pecos bills was good DBF had Bacon cheese burger/fries and DSS and I shared double cheese burger and fries. DBF dropped his top bun and bacon on the floor in the condiments line and was given a replacement top bun and bacon for free!!!

We grabbed Thunder Mountain FP and took the raft over to Tom Sawyer island. DSS and I looked all over for paint brushes but found none. DSS loved the barrel floating bridge and wore himself out bouncing back and forth on it.
DSCF1360.jpg

Thunder mountian was DSS's first rollercoaster!! He had a shocked, whiteknuckle look on his face the whole ride, but once we got off he said "That was awesome!" even though his eyed were still glazed a little. :scared1:
DSCF1364.jpg

Okay I spent a year planning this trip and not once did I ever read that the Steamboat and the Presidents Hall are scheduled for ever hour and half-hour. Maybe its only in the slow season, not sure. We just missed the Steamboat when we got off the Island so we got in the building for the Presidents Hall, DSS broke out a hot wheels car showing he was bored but DBF and I loved the show.

Next was the Haunted Mansion. This is another ride DSS was not thrilled about going on but he ended up really liking it! I remembered the end of the ride when it looks like ghost are riding in your doombuggie, when you look in the big wall mirror. So, it was great to watch DSS laughing out loud at the sight of them.
DSCF1372.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1379.jpg

We got good seats for the Spectro parade and there was a CM doing “Simon Says” with kids in the crowd to keep the kids occupied. While we were waiting for the fireworks to begin I looked over and seen the CM that played a mobster in the Great Movie ride. Before I said anything, DSS goes “Hey look its Mugsy!!” Which is the nickname we gave her after we got off the ride because she did such a good job! She noticed us staring and waved and pretended to shoot DSS with her fingers.:thumbsup2

On our way out I remembered to take the “Resorts” monorail, because the other monorail line was way too long.

When we got back to the hotel there was a message that my van was done and could be picked up.:cool1:

UP NEXT OUR SECOND DAY AT MAGIC KINGOM AND OUR LAST DAY IN PARADISE :(
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25745183&postcount=118

Sorry I have been lurking!! So glad you wrote this pre-trip/ trip report!! I hope you will help me plan my trip when I take the family in a few years!!:badpc:

All your pictures are great!! Can't wait to read the last installment!!!
popcorn::

FANTASTIC pictures.
Love the one of the fence with Huck and Tom Sawyer painted on it.

I remember my first time riding Haunted Mansion when I was younger.
Very nervous for me but the ghosts at the end had me laughing too.

Chapter 7

Day Nine: Magic Kingdom #2!!!
Breakfast in room: Oatmeal, sausage
5:15 am Leave Hotel OUCH!!
Be at the front gate when it opens hopefully close to the front of the line!!!
8:30-9:00 Stuck on Main st.
TIP-Check out Walts Ring
9:00-9:45 Space Mtn.
TIP-DSS will have to sit alone, if he decides he’s brave enough.
9:45-10:15 Speedway (snack time)
10:15-11:30 Buzz Light-year
TIP: Pick up phone by Astro’s
11:30 Lunch Cosmic Ray’s
12:00-12:45 Goofy’s Barn
12:45-1:05 Mickey’s House
1:05-1:55 Train to Frontier
TIP: Ride in back to get conductors card
2:00-3:30 Sit in front of Liberty Tree , Parade
TIP: DBF will take DSS to shootin arcade to spare him having to wait on the curb. BRING QUARTERS!!
3:45-4:45 Dinner: Liberty Tree!!!! This is where we will get most of our autographs!
TIP- Buy liberty tree mug! or two..or three
TIP- Tug on the liberty bell’s rope for a surprise!
4:50-5:35 Philharmagic
5:35-6:20 Peter Pan’s Flight

Budget TOTAL!!!!!!

Balance 3,151
MK Food 93
Parking 11
Travel Food 305
---------------------------
TOTAL 3,623

Next: Help!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22427223&postcount=53

We arrived at the park so early the guy at the parking gate said that we could park for free today because the computers weren't up yet!! Great way to start the morning!!:)
I read somewhere the at the front gates at the magic kingdom opened thirty minutes before the rest of the park and you wait on Main Street. I wanted to be in line by *am so we could be towards the front of the line. This did not happen the morning we were there, they let us in Main Street exactly at 9am. DBF and DSS were not thrilled that they could have slept another hour. Oops! They cheered up when we walked right onto Space Mountain without ANY wait, it was awesome! i even managed to grab a FP for Buzz before going to Space Mtn.
DSS and I got in line fot the speedway while DBF got in place to take pictures! While waiting in line DSS says "I hope our car is...Green! With stripes...no, no stripes! I hope its red with yellow stripes!" Well we got a yellow with red stripes and he says "Yeah, that's what I meant!' HAHA what a trooper! The car moved slower than the other ones and stalled when we were almost to the end. We still had time before Buzz FP so we got back in line. This time some CM were handing out Mickey drivers licenses. YAY!!

DSCF1509.jpg

After that we did Buzz lightyear and DBF got the most points!!

DSCF1408.jpg

We sat outside at Cosmic Ray's, DBF had Turkey wrap and DSS and I shared a caesar salad and we ate four chocolate puddings! The castle show was going on while we ate and we watched the Mad Hatter and Alice running around behind the castle waving to the crowd on the other side.
I bet you'll never guess what we did next?!? The arcade of course!! We went to the one by Space Mountain and I spent a small fortune on the two Star Wars virtual flying/racing games there. If you count Chuck E Cheese that's four arcades in one trip(counting Hotel arcade)

Mickiey's house was cool, and exited right into the "Judges Tent" I couldn't pass up a chance to get Mickey's signature so I got in line while DBF took a cat nap! I forgot to get my photo pass ready and had to empty my pocket to find it, so remember to keep it handy, or grab it while in line.

DSCF1412.jpg

tmp2F5.jpg

The longest wait the entire trip was a Goofy's Barnstormer, we were in line for almost 50 mins!! when we got off we were just in time to catch the train and rode it around to Frontierland. After some shopping we sat in almost the same spot to see the afternoon parade!!
DSCF1418.jpg

We barely squeezed in a Steamboat ride before our 4pm reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. After we checked in with the front counter we sat down waiting to be showed to our table.When our name was called a CM came over and asked if we'd like to participate in a Magical Moment!!! DO WE EVER!!!!

I mentioned in my first post that DBF is not much of a people person, being treated differently or being the center of attention is an uncomfortable idea for him. So, when I looked over at him and seen the huge frown he was sporting I quickly blurted out "As long as Dad can sit this one out." She showed him a good spot to take pictures and took us into another dining area. We got group shot of us with all the Characters a the dinner and the walked up some stairs to the balcony. The CM lady announce the Dinner was ready to be served and DSS and I rang a bell and said, something along the lines of 'Let freedom reign!". After we sat down they gave us a "Magic Moment" certificate in a bag with Mickey confetti in it. The food was great!! And I managred to fill up my picure mats with everyone's autographs!! At one point in the dinner Goofy snuck up behind me and stuck his fingers in my sides!! Im ticklelish so of course I blurted out a YELP!! Turning everyone's head our way!

DSCF1511.jpg

DSCF1517.jpg

DSCF1507.jpg

DSCF1440.jpg

DSCF1436.jpg

We all loved Philharmagic, very well done!! And DSS loved flying through the air in the Peter Pan ride! On our way to the exit I bought a YOMD popcorn bucket, cuz we have 50 cent popcorn if you bring your own bucket, at our local theatre!

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1443.jpg

DSCF1442.jpg

Our drive home was uneventful except that we drove straight from Charlotte NC to Michigan non-stop from 8am to Midnight-ish!

AND HERE ARE THE ACTUAL BUDGET FIGURES

Actual / Pre-trip
Gas 650 / 650
Tolls/parking 60 / 80
Hotels 1118 / 978
Food out 761 / 888
Disneytickets 658 / 658
Gatorland 105 / 60
Groceries 100 / 100
Insurance 270 / 270
_______________ ______
3722 / 3680

Pretty darn good if I do say so myself!!:laughing:

THANKYOU FOR READING AND BEST WISHES TO ALL!!!

THE END!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter