• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney or BROKE!!! MAGIC MOMENT!! 6/18 We had the greatest trip ever!!!

How much did you learn about budgeting or planning from reading my report?

• Alot!

• Just a few things.

• Not much.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congrats on the new van! I love my minivan :) I hope the problems you're having with it are minor and can taken care of easily.

I'm a regular lurker on the freebie thread!

Wow, you bought a van for your trip! I'm sure you'll be glad for the extra room. Definatley get it checked out before you go!

WOW I have missed the DIS. Have been super busy packing, writing lists to make sure I don't forget anything,and getting everything ready for our housesitter!!

DSS's grandpa (on his mother's side) is retired so he is going to come stay at our house and take care of the wood stove, gueina pig(sp?), and dog!! We are very grateful that he will be doing this for us!! However my cat will be going to my mom's house.! I have set out a box for mail, pet feeding instructions, and also broke out the coffee pot for him. (we dont drink coffee, but have a pot for visitors)

I finally laminated my park plans, will post pictures later when I get home from work...AAAHH better get going or I will be late.:sad2:

10 MORE DAYS WHOO HOO!!!!

THE TRIP REPORT!!!!
showpost.php

Congrats on the new van! I love my minivan :) I hope the problems you're having with it are minor and can taken care of easily.

I'm a regular lurker on the freebie thread!

Wow, you bought a van for your trip! I'm sure you'll be glad for the extra room. Definatley get it checked out before you go!

Almost forgot, got my van checked out and everything is fine now, like I said just a loose wire!!! :goodvibes

Wow! Only 10 more days! I'm so glad everything is ok with your van!:banana:

Glad nothing major was wrong with your van. Good to get it fixed now before you leave.:thumbsup2

Congrat's on the new van!! This is what we did last year before our trip. We knew we would be buying a bigger vehicle soon so we just bumped it up to a few weeks before our trip. We went from a sedan to a Yukon!:eek: Took some getting used to since I've only ever driven cars. But it was SOOO NICE on the trip.

Your trip is sneaking up fast. You can always tell when someone's trip is almost here. They aren't on the DIS quite as much. :laughing:

Are you gone yet?? I can't remember your actual "leaving" day. :confused3
If you're there already, I hope you are having a BLAST!!!!:thumbsup2

First off my apologies for the very late Trip Report , after all life happens.:laundy:

A few comments about the trip down to Florida. Remember the earlier posts about my Van acting up? Well while we were driving through Ohio/Kentucky the wipers, radio, and power windows went out. (This is what was supposed to be fixed before) Otherwise the van was running fine so we crossed our fingers and keep going. :scared:

We drove through Atlanta, GA around 5:15 am, hoping to bet the rush hour traffic. Traffic was still crazy and the city seemed so huge to this back woods family!! :faint:

Chapter 3

Day One: Arriving in Orlando:cool1:
2:00 Arrive at Enclave Suites
Go shopping at the Super Wal-mart down the street for cheap Disney souvenirs and Groceries for in the room. We will eat seven breakfasts in the room and two or three dinners!!
Next go to Prime Outlets and hit the Disney store there for more cheap souvenirs!!!
Back to Hotel maybe a quick swim before bed. Cook Dinner: Burritos, chips, salsa

Day Two: Gatorland
Sleep in, Breakfast in room: cereal, toast
Gatorland!! The only thing my boyfriend “insisted “ on doing. I guess it was the only thing he liked as a teenager. DSS and I are also excited to see all the animals!!
Tip: Bring change and dollar bills to buy animal food. They do not have lockers on property.
Lunch: Gator meat….maybe.
Dinner: Red Lobster!! YUMMY!!:love:

DAY ONE:
2-4
Orlando!!!!

We arrived at the Hotel mid-day. It was a very nice hotel, the apartment was the perfect size. The indoor pool was defiantly worth it we swam in it at least four times, although I can’t remember the exact nights. I wish I would have brought my own frying pan because the one in the cupboard was not a non-stick and cooking eggs and pancakes was horrible!!

We went to the Prime Outlets, and the Disney’s Character Primer!! There was lots of great merchandise at cheap prices. I got a Mickey/Sticky notepads for DSS’s teacher, a set of four Mickey/Minnie Christmas ornaments, and a travel cup for DSS for under $20!!! :thumbsup2

I looked up Wal-Mart’s in Orlando on Mapquest and it told me there was a store near the outlets. There was no Wal-Mart anywhere so we went back to hotel.

DAY TWO:
2-5
Gatorland was great!! We arrived at opening and met not one, but TWO other families from Michigan in the ticket line. We went straight to the wrestling arena because we could hear the show was starting. The two men that performed with the gators were funny and laid back. After the show I went down and sat on the gator for a picture!! We bought some lime, orange and lemon trees at the gift shop and a fruit smoothie at a drink stand. The petting zoo had animal food dispensers that took quarters and the animals were very active. There was even a station to wash and sanitize you hands!!:cloud9: We got some bags of hotdogs to feed to the animals. We hopped on the train and went around the park, I was excited to see a model of the Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom movie that was filmed (in part) on the property, it was my favorite movie as a girl. "No time for LUV Docta Jones!!" :lmao: We had to ride the train twice because I didn’t get a good picture of the tribute the first time. We got 3 small gator ribs, 6 small gator nuggets, a salad, and some m&ms. It was a little high priced for me so we shared. The food was okay. The boardwalk around the swamp and wooden tower were very nice.

We stopped at Wal-mart on our way back to the hotel and got our groceries and some cheap souvenirs.

Once it was all put away in the apartment kitchen, we went to Ripley’s believe it or not Museum, DBF is a huge fan of T.V. show and the books. It was worth the price as it had lots of really cool stuff. I wouldn’t recommend any small children because some of the stuff is scary.

Red Lobster for dinner and we ordered WAY to much food. I love that place!!:love:

Gatorland Pictures
DSCF1180.jpg

DSCF1182.jpg

DSCF1186.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum
DSCF1213.jpg

DSCF1219.jpg

DSCF1218.jpg

UP NEXT EPCOT AND 3 HOLE IN ONES!!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24883521&postcount=102

Hey!! I'm so glad you came back and posted about your trip :)

Gatorland looks like fun. Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Hi,

I am you are back:) How scary about the van I can't even imagine! I love the pictures of gatorland I can not believe you sat on one I would have wet myself lol!

OMG, I can't believe the same things you guys got fixed on the van are the very things that quit working on your trip.:sad2: So sorry you guys had to deal with that. I hope they "fixed" it for you again when you got home.:thumbsup2

Love the pics of Gatorland. Looks like a good time! The house you stayed in sounds nice too. I bet it was nice having your own pool the whole time. :woohoo:

I'm so excited that you're back and telling your trip stories.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter