• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney (On Property) to Sea World?

Rainkiss

Mouseketeer
Okay, I'm hoping the experts can help me with this one.

We're leaving on October 22nd. :banana: Hubby (who has left all the trip planning in my hands, after spending a few days trying it himself and flinging his hands up in the air in frustration) and I sat down with my binder and went over what we've got planned. (Dinner reservations made, Halloween Party, backstage tour, La Nouba, you name it, it's on the plan.)

His question. "Can we go to Sea World?"

:headache:

Okay... We're on property, NOT renting a car, so, no wheels. Can we get to Sea World, what's the best way, and is it worth giving me this headache?

Thanks, all!

We really enjoyed our visit to Seaworld. We stayed on property and didn't have a car. We
took a taxi. I think it was around 15.00 each way. It was definitely worth it.

We did seaworld last year and truly enjoyed it. We were a large group so we took the resort bus to TTC and then a short walk to where the Links busses were one took us straight to seaworld very easy and only about a 20min bus ride. The cost for the Local bus was about $1.25 if I remember right. We are going again this year we will do the same again this year.

We love SeaWorld! Very easy taxi ride and they can usually call a cab right from your hotel. Pick a nice day to go since you'll be sitting outside at shows a good part of the day. I'd go to their website and look at the show schedule before you go to figure out a plan of action. You probably won't get to see everything in one day and since many shows are 20-45 minutes long and start at specific times, it helps to a little more advance planning so you can get to the shows you want (and then do the non-time specific attractions in between).

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this site? I post a cry for help, go to a meeting, come back, and the answers are all here. Thanks, all! This is hubby's birthday trip, so I want to make it extra-special for him. He's a big coaster fan, and, with Space Mountain down, he was a bit disappointed. I think Manta will make it up for him.

Hee, last minute plan changes, my favorite... Just gotta figure out which day at the parks to dump...

Your hubby is a big coaster fan? Had I known this before I absolutely would tell you to go to Seaworld! My oldest son LOVES coasters and absolutely raved about Manta. He loved Kraken too, very intense. He just thought Manta was so unique and a very smooth amazing ride. Your hubby is going to love it!

Oh, yeah, his biggest disappointment with Disney was that there weren't as many big coasters as our local Six Flags. (We're near the new Bizarro...) He's making noises about Universal, as well, but I may limit him to one off-property trip a vacation, and save Universal for next year (when I want to check out the Harry Potter stuff, anyway!).

Check out www.golynx.com for the local buses. Linx 50 goes from the TTC to Downtown Disney to Sea World to Downtown Orlando. It is an express bus.

According to the timetable, it leaves Downtown Disney every 30 minutes (1t 19 and 49) and is about a 19 minute ride to Sea World.

They don't do the free beer tasting any more at the Busch theme parks.

So... Coronado Springs to Downtown Disney, catch the #50 bus, hop off at Sea World (ask where to catch it back), and we're off, with nothing to worry about other than eating and NOT spending our Disney Dining Plan points (and making sure we use 'em later). Sounds very do-able, if I get off my tail and do a trip report when we get home, I'll let y'all know how it worked out!

So... Coronado Springs to Downtown Disney, catch the #50 bus, hop off at Sea World (ask where to catch it back), and we're off, with nothing to worry about other than eating and NOT spending our Disney Dining Plan points (and making sure we use 'em later). Sounds very do-able, if I get off my tail and do a trip report when we get home, I'll let y'all know how it worked out!

When we did it last year is was just that easy. Talk to the disney bus driver they will direct you as where to go to catch the Lynks bus. Short walk when you get on the Lynks bus just let the driver know your wanting the stop for seaworld stay near they front of the bus they will help you to know where to get off. Print out a schedual then you will know when to catch the bus back to disney. The bus stop back again is accross the street from where you get off the bus going in the oposite direction.

One other note is the bus cost is $2.00 per/person the drivers can't make change so make sure you have exact amount you need before you go.

I forgot to post that Seaworld is doing a dinning Pkg. $30. all you can eat a select restraunts.

We can live without the free beer tasting, but thanks for the heads up on the dining!

The brew stopped flowing for free back in January. The decision was made by the merger group of In-Bev, but now that Blackstone owns Busch Parks. The name is the only connection to the Busch brands. They will have limited sponsorship in the park. But the hospitality houses are now restaurants.

WOW! I didnt know this could be done! My 10 year old has always said he wanted to go Sea World. I didnt think it was possible so I told him we would have to do that next time (and who knows when that will be!) I have a off day planned for our vacation so I think I'm going to surprise him with Sea World tickets for that day!

Seaworld is great! Awesome rides too. We just got back last week and since we were a party of 9 we called Mears Shutle. They picked us up at the hotel (All Star Music) at 9:05 as we requested and we had to call them 2 hrs prior to returning back. They only pick you up 5 min. after the hour and on the half hour on the return. The price was 18.00 per person round trip. This worked great for us! Would do it again, now they we know they can also take you to Universal and Bush Gardens.....Enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter