Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream reviews? Scary?

capeseal

DIS Veteran
I want to take DD(3.5) to see Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream. She is a sensitive preschooler so I am wondering if there are any intense/scary parts I should be aware of? She has seen the movies Tangled and Cinderella and loves them but neither she nor I have seen Princess and the Frog so I have no idea about plot/villains. At home, she requests movies like Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid but we mute those films in several places.

She is really keen to go to the show so I am just hoping to gather information. Thanks!

We took our 4yo twins this past Christmas and it was really good. The first half was Princess & the Frog with only one very brief, somewhat scary part (the shadow man). You will be able to tell when he's coming up so maybe you could distract her. After that they start a shortened version of Cinderella's story which concludes after intermission. The second half (after Cindy finishes) is Tangled and you don't want to miss any of it because she & Flynn swing up on ropes (think Cirque du Soleil) & it's just incredible. One of mine scares easily too and she can tell by the music when something may be scary so she hid her face in my arm and was fine. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Donald also made appearances. She'll love it!

We just went on the 27th to see the show and it was GREAT! I have two boys and a baby girl and the boys LOVED it. I love it and DH loved it. Nothing scary. The shadow man was mmmmm nowhere near as "scary" as in the movie, maybe because it was so brief and he is really doing some great skating. Anyways my boys are ages almost 3 and 7 :)

I took my 3 year old niece on Jan. 25, and it was wonderful. She sat mesmerized for the first half of the show, and she really got into the second half and applauded like crazy after every number.

I did not feel there were any real scary parts. She won't watch Mulan or Monsters Inc., because she thinks they are scary, and she was fine.

I agree it was a great show. We took our 4 year old grand daughter and she absolutely loved it. She has already asked when we can go again.

I am really glad to see such good reviews. I just bought 5 tickets to take my almost 5 year old for her birthday present (my mom, brother, and his girlfriend are coming too). I didn't find out about it so the only halfway decent seats were $$$$. Other than a WDW ticket, it is the most I have ever spent for a single ticket. Oh well.... I'm sure she'll love it.

Thank you very much for all of the feedback. I bought tickets today and we are attending next week. I am really excited for the show too now that I've heard all of the positive reviews. DD says she is going to wear her Rapunzel dress and can't wait to see princess and have a "just girls" outing. And now my mom is talking about a different Disney on Ice show coming to their area in April. DD is going to suffer from Disney overload :).

Thanks again! Maybe I'll come back and review after we see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter