Disney on Disney on Disney on Disney

rauseo12

 and Ears
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I thought it would be interesting to share. Here's my back story: about two years ago, my parents became DVC members. It was then that we were finally able stay in a different hotel besides Caribbean Beach. They chose Kidani Village, and we loved it. And so this November we will be going back to our favorite vacation spot and staying in our new favorite hotel. Its roughly 243 until that day but I got anxious and decided to get my iPhone dressed up for the occasion, as seen below. As per the title, there are four Disney elements embedded on my lock screen.

The first is, obviously, the DIS Unplugged podcast playing. The second is the shortcuts to open (left to right) a countdown app, the Disney World app, the DIS Unplugged app, and the Disney Movies app. The third element is the system-wide text. I changed it to a more Disney themed font, literally. The font is comprised of all Disney-themed letters. The fourth and final element is the blurred wallpaper. It may just appear to be a mixture of random colors, but in reality it is a picture of the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction that sits proudly at the entrance of my all-time favorite park, Epcot.

With that in mind, you may be wondering how I was able to create this. Well it just so happens that I am proficient in the world of Apple products, and understand how to use their devices to the best of their capability. I advise you that you know what you're doing to not attempt to make any changes to your device unless you understand what you're doing. For those who would like an explanation as to how I did this, I would be happy to explain as long as the rules of these boards don't prevent me from doing so. In the meantime, I would love your feedback! :)

Wow! For someone like me (not the least proficient), I say this is awesome. Isn't waiting for your trip the best? I love the anticipation. I just wish the trio would last longer. It's always over way too soon.

How do you get the lettering to be Disney styled?

Wow! For someone like me (not the least proficient), I say this is awesome. Isn't waiting for your trip the best? I love the anticipation. I just wish the trio would last longer. It's always over way too soon.

How do you get the lettering to be Disney styled?

Waiting for the trip is awful but at the same time I lived it. It's the weirdest emotion and I only get it when I know I'm going back there. It's like being homesick! To answer your question, I was able to replace the system font with the Disney themed font. I would explain how but I wouldn't want to confuse you :P

Did you have to jailbreak your phone for the font?? I've never done much with my iPhone in terms of customizing it like an android haha.

Did you have to jailbreak your phone for the font?? I've never done much with my iPhone in terms of customizing it like an android haha.

Yes I did! I wasn't sure if anyone knew what that was so I didn't want to mention it in the post to avoid confusion.

Yes I did! I wasn't sure if anyone knew what that was so I didn't want to mention it in the post to avoid confusion.

Nice! It looks great! I've always been a bit nervous to jailbreak my phone but it gets more appealing when I see cool stuff like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter