• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney offers Olive branch to sooth over row with Pixar

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is old news. Disney has been saying for a couple of months now that they would be wiling to resume talks, but Pixar's having none of it.

Maybe if there's a management change....

Sarangel

Actually about the same time or slightly before Steve Jobs said he would be willing to resume talks as well. There is probably some low level stuff going on. Pixar is in no hurry though.

Originally posted by WDSearcher
And Pixar is certainly not taking meetings with anyone else.

:earsboy:
That we know of that is. Maybe it's all very low level right now.

Sorry, did not mean to post old news, it just seemed a little brighter of a story from the ones I had read in the past.

Who made the first move? If Disney then Pixar can afford to sit back and take a let's see what happens approach.

Interesting, but I disagree about the urgency to do a deal----if Pixar wants a higher cut of The Incredibles and Cars as part of this deal, they need to move fast.

Heard that the word went out to Disney Management types yesterday that Pixar and Disney have signed a deal. Official announcement could be as soon as today at the Incredible's presentation at Comic-con or as late as Pixar's 3rd Quarter Profits meeting.

I'm trying to get another source to confirm the deal, but it looks promising. More deets on my blog as they become available.

-indigo

Yesterday on our local news station they announced that Disney and Pixar signed another deal. I am not sure of the specifics but it did say that Pixar shopped around and couldn't get a buyer.

My, we're all being optimistic aren't we? I think that if Pixar ever get back with Disney they'll be doing so with a sweetner... remember, Warner Brothers said that they were "very interested" in Pixar and to date Pixar hasn't had anything but a box office hit. From what I hear, The Incredibles is meant to be headed that way and in a big way...

Rich::

I'd be very surprised if Pixar signed under Disney's terms. I suppose that it would too much to hope that Eisner is retiring or something like that? Oh well, I'm sure that we'll find out what's going on soon enough. If Pixar did sign, good for Disney.

If there's a contract, it's to the chief advantage of Pixar I'll wager. Disney needs Pixar at the moment, or at least Michael Eisner needs Pixar - a deal would provide a certain sunrise that the company sorely needs.

Rich::

Certainly this deal would have to be better for Pixar.

But where has this news been officially announced?

I can't find anything about this beyond a hispanic website which looks to be the source for everyone else.

I'm not convinced this has happened.

At best, they're probably resuming talks which makes sense given the climate. Gotta hand it to that Katzenberg. There's been a real change in temperature.

What a town!

A paragraph from reuters article about Dreamworks animation spinoff. This relates to Pixar

The announcement comes amid a simmering dispute between two cartoon-movie rivals, media giant Disney (DIS:NYSE - commentary - research) and red-hot animation studio Pixar (PIXR:Nasdaq - commentary - research). Pixar has said it intends to wind down the companies' collaboration at the end of their current agreement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter