Disney Nostalgia Pictures

These are a bunch of slides (yep, they had COLOR slides back then) that my father in law took of my husband and his brother way back in 1956 or maybe early 1957.......right after the park opened!

Ed4095.jpg

Ed4100.jpg

Ed4101.jpg

Ed4103.jpg

Ed4105.jpg

I'm going to have to guess that that (above) was the original Disneyland Railroad. This next picture was one of several that my FIL shot from the train.

Ed4106.jpg

Ed4110.jpg

Just guessing that these last two were on the Storybook ride???

Ed4114.jpg

Ed4115.jpg

I just wanted to add that I am loving these pictures. Thank you all for taking the time to scan the old pictures/slides and post them here. Terrific stuff! :thumbsup2

Is that the HOJO in the background??? Wow! It looks similar to what it does now-a-days!! Amazing!

Yes. I didn't know what it was for years and years. It shows up in isney's own photography books. We never stayed on Harbor Blvd until the early 90's.

dopey.jpg

Me with Dopey...is that little spot in his hat really where the person was looking out? How on earth did they see a thing? :confused3

Thank you everybody for the great pictures..:worship: I am loving them all! :banana:

1991rockets.jpg

My DM and DD in 1991. My Mom loved Disneyland so much, she would scream so loud on Big Thunder Mountain, in fact once, we went on it and I sat in front of her and my daughter with my son. I finally turned around to my daughter who was about 8 and said, "Please, STOP screaming!" and she said, "Mom! It's NOT ME!!! It's GRANDMA!!!!" and did we laugh about that! She sounded just like a little girl! :scared1: She would tell everyone how much she hated that ride, but she loved it! Her screams on it were always followed by such laughter. I can just hear her now. I have so many memories of my Mom at Disneyland. :hug:

packmules6-63.jpg

This is me on the pack mules. My sister and I loved this ride! ::yes::

My computer was sick and I was not able to post any pictures for a while! :mad: All better now!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I wondered if the pack mule ride actually used real animals. I wasn't sure.

Here is a picture my mom had from when she went as a child in 1957. I might have posted it in another thread but it belongs in the official "nostalgia" thread. :)

Tomorrowland 1957
DL1957-tomorrowlandW.jpg

I wondered if the pack mule ride actually used real animals. I wasn't sure.

Here is a picture my mom had from when she went as a child in 1957. I might have posted it in another thread but it belongs in the official "nostalgia" thread. :)

What? I don't remember seeing her DL pictures before. Does she have more pictures from that trip?

Yep, I have a stack of them right here. I can send them to you as I scan them. One day I made her go through all the old Disneyland pictures. :rotfl:

autopoias6-63.jpg

This is me with my Dad. He had to push the pedal for the longest time, I was so small. Did I say "was!" :rotfl2: You can barely see me at all in this picture! But that is indeed me under that hat! :wave2:

Ed4105.jpg
I'm going to have to guess that that (above) was the original Disneyland Railroad.

Actually, that's The Viewliner, a very short-lived Tomorrowland attraction from the late 50s. I think it only lasted a little over a year until it was eventually replaced by the monorail. :)

Okay, I see I'm going to have to go through my old photos and do some scanning.

I have some shots my dad took when I was a baby. At least I think it was he and I on Dumbo. Also ones he took of us posing in TL. I was about 8 or so. We didn't go very often when I was younger, or take many pix, but once we were old enough to go by ourselves, we went more.

I'll look through my old pic. Love looking at these. Keep 'em coming!

Actually, that's The Viewliner, a very short-lived Tomorrowland attraction from the late 50s. I think it only lasted a little over a year until it was eventually replaced by the monorail. :)

Wow! I don't remember ever seeing that before! :scratchin Great picture! :flower3: Keep 'em coming everybody! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter