Disney News Round Up

It was only a matter of time Star Wars Magicbands!

Yoda and darth vader themed bands will be sold at Star Wars weekends this weekend.

Expect to see more limited edition, character, and attraction specific bands to come out in the next few months.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...he-first-limited-edition-magicband-design.htm

In other news Disney CMs at DHS were told the Osborne lights will be back officially this year. That of course means nothing is going to happen in that area of the studios until after next January.

It was only a matter of time Star Wars Magicbands!

Yoda and darth vader themed bands will be sold at Star Wars weekends this weekend.

Expect to see more limited edition, character, and attraction specific bands to come out in the next few months.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...he-first-limited-edition-magicband-design.htm

In other news Disney CMs at DHS were told the Osborne lights will be back officially this year. That of course means nothing is going to happen in that area of the studios until after next January.

Those are AWESOME!!! I WISH I was going this weekend to try & snag one!

Agreed with the PPs - keep posting .... I love reading the daily "scoop" on this thread! :thumbsup2

Aurora is leaving Princess Fairytale Hall this weekend and moving to the Town Square Courtyard on Main Street U.S.A.

Starting Sunday June 15 2014, Snow White will be moving from the Town Square Courtyard to Center Street on Main Street U.S.A. Aurora will take up the space in Town Square Courtyard. Over at Princess Fairytale Hall, Anna and Elsa will continue to meet guests from park opening until 30 minutes before the park closes. Anna and Elsa will no longer have a visiting princess.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...to-new-meet-and-greet-locations-on-sunday.htm

Guests who purchased the new Limited Edition Star Wars MagicBands that were released today got a special surprise when using the bands at the park's touch points.

According to readers who have the new new bands, instead of the regular sound that plays when a MagicBand is touched to the FastPass+ touch point, the new bands play a customized sound. For the Vader MagicBand, you hear the iconic Dart Vader breathing sound, and for the Yoda MagicBand, you get to hear Yoda speak words of wisdom.

The new MagicBands that feature the Star Wars characters are the first in a range of character specific bands. They retail at $29.95 each, compared to the regular MagicBand price of $12.95.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...nds-play-customized-audio-at-touch-points.htm

Monorail schedule for this summer!

The Walt Disney World Monorail system will be operating on a new timetable this summer to accommodate work taking place eon the automation upgrades.

Starting June 22 2014, the monorail system will operate on a fixed schedule as follows:

Magic Kingdom Resort beam - 8:30am to midnight
Magic Kingdom Express beam - 9:30am to 11:30pm
Epcot beam - 9am to 11pm
The monorail system currently operates on a varying schedule according to park hours. This will change to the fixed schedule listed above.

Additional buses and watercraft will be made available to handle the additional load during the periods when the monorail is not in operation.

When complete, the new automated monorail system will provide a more efficient service with enhanced safety. Expect to see more frequent dispatch of the trains, faster switching times, and monorail arrival information.

There is no timeframe on the completion, but expect to see the new operating schedule be in place throughout the summer of 2014.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...-timetable-to-accommodate-automation-work.htm

Walls have gone up for the expansion of disney outfitters are disney animal kingdom. After this expansion it's expected the creature comfort location will become Starbucks at AK.

The garden grill turning feature was fixed and back up and running this weekend at living with the land pavilion in Epcot.

The garden grill turning feature was fixed and back up and running this weekend at living with the land pavilion in Epcot.

Great news! Especially since I read that it might not rotate again due to cost.

A new coffee kiosk is under construction on Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This kiosk will most likely be joffreys and is being built near flame tree bbq.

I was looking at those new Star Wars wristbands and mentioned to my pal that I thought they were neat but a little small. Then some short guy with a skin complaint just muscled in and said "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the MyMagic+, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the MyMagic+ around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and that castle."

Crazy fool! He kept hitting me with his little cane as well. I moved off quickly cause I had a sudden urge to seek out some other wristbands cause those weren't the ones I was looking for.

The astro orbiters are under refurbishment right now. Photos were taken today the ride is completely taken down only the frame for the planets it still there. This looks to be a very big refurb for that ride.

The main feature pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort is scheduled to be closing for a refurbishment.

The Silver Creek Springs pool is expected to close on September 3rd through to November 27th, reopening again on November 28th 2014.

During that time, the quiet pool will remain open, and guests will be able to use the pools at both Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort, with transportation provided to both.

via Wdwmagic.com

This is the full character line up released by disney today for the villains unleashed event. 50 total characters

Hades
Meg
Pain
Panic
Anastasia
Drizella
Lady Tremaine
J. Worthington Foulfellow
Gideon
Big Bad Wolf
Cruella De Vil
Captain Hook
Mr. Smee
Bowler Hat Guy
Shenzi
Banzai
Ed
Gaston
Queen of Hearts
Maleficent
Jafar
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Boba Fett
Asajj Ventress
Emperor Palpatine
Stormtrooper
Zam Wessell
Jango Fett

The next two harambe nights events are now sold out completely.

Also animal kingdom will be expanding its parking lot as the new expansions are going underway. A grassy area connected to the existing parking will be expanded and completed by September 2014.

Snow White is moving her meet and greet once again. Beginning June 22nd Snow White will meet guests on the front porch of the Town Square Theater. She was previously on center street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter