Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the college kids take off a semester? My kids go to different colleges but both are back in school by the end of AUgust and both of their schools start comparatively late. It just seems like the kids will only be there fir one month at most.

If they are in the College Program, they take the semester to work at Disney rather than attending classes at their universities. Often, they apply and extend that to two semesters. . .then there are some who never return to their universities and stay on IF they can get hired out of the CP. Have a daughter from another Mother who did the two terms, returned to school for a couple of semesters, reapplied to CP for a third go. Once that round three ended--she knew she was staying. . .bounced around a bit P/T, left Disney for a bit and came back. She is still there, happily so, and is working toward finishing her degree on Disney's dime BUT it is now in hospitality versus sports training or some such P/T science. She always wanted to pursue hospitality--sadly, she was discouraged by a family member and settled for something that family member thought was more marketable. :headache:

But to be fair these rumors were never started or even hinted at by Disney themselves, just people on the internet we somehow trust because we want it back so badly!

I trust no one. :crazy: I don't believe we're going to hear a peep out of Disney today regarding FP+ or any new version of it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but definitely not expecting that to happen. I've heard it way too many times over the past few weeks.

I trust no one. :crazy: I don't believe we're going to hear a peep out of Disney today regarding FP+ or any new version of it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but definitely not expecting that to happen. I've heard it way too many times over the past few weeks.
same. something about it being the 15th of the month sounds good to me 😆

I’m with you. I’d love to hear some versions of FP is starting ASAP. Like this weekend, since we arrive on Sunday! But I highly doubt it.

What’s today’s rumor regarding FP+ returning? Did I miss it skimming the thread?
It's in another thread. The rumor is that there will be an announcement about it today for possible return in August. We'll see.
To be fair to the person who first mentioned a possible announcement I had heard about some kind of announcement coming too, just not sure what it would be about. My usual source is quiet right now out of necessity. They are cracking down on the leaks.

I have a handful of friends in the DCP and they finished their training and start at their positions THIS weekend so that would align with the return of the Epcot monorail line so HOPEFULLY that is an indication of staffing to open up all the things we've been missing?! MAYBE! Unless Disney is hurting for employees more than they let on but the reports from my friends in the program are that it is HUGE this year.
This is one of the key factors to really getting a lot of things open, INCLUDING potential FP+ return, restaurants, amenities, etc. It's a key source of labor for WDW, which is something they are really hurting for.

Disneyland: Storytellers Café and Plaza Inn Soon to Offer Character Dining, Carthay Circle Restaurant and More Reopening

Disneyland Park

• Plaza Inn – Minnie & Friends Breakfast (opening August 12; bookings available soon)
  • The Golden Horseshoe (opening July 29; food and beverage only)
Disney California Adventure Park

Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa

• Storytellers Café – Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast (Daily breakfast; Friday, Sat., and Sun. Brunch from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; opening July 22; bookings available July 20)

Disneyland: Storytellers Café and Plaza Inn Soon to Offer Character Dining, Carthay Circle Restaurant and More Reopening

Disneyland Park

• Plaza Inn – Minnie & Friends Breakfast (opening August 12; bookings available soon)
  • The Golden Horseshoe (opening July 29; food and beverage only)
Disney California Adventure Park

Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa

• Storytellers Café – Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast (Daily breakfast; Friday, Sat., and Sun. Brunch from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; opening July 22; bookings available July 20)

Good news, but I'm still waiting for The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom!:scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter