Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Test Track at EPCOT will close June 17 to be reimagined. Here’s a look at new concept art:

View attachment 848373

View attachment 848374

Scott Gustin

This has to mean Cosmic Rewind is finally coming off VQ, right? Especially if Tiana opens around Juneteenth like people are speculating. If not that means 3 rides in VQ, have we had that before? Early Entry is going to be rough until this is done otherwise.

(I meant to send this like an hour ago but uh. earthquake)

This has to mean Cosmic Rewind is finally coming off VQ, right? Especially if Tiana opens around Juneteenth like people are speculating. If not that means 3 rides in VQ, have we had that before? Early Entry is going to be rough until this is done otherwise.

I think the issue Disney has with Guardians is that the entirety of the indoor queue can only hold approx. 40-45 minutes wait worth of people (sorry if that's worded weird, unsure how else to explain it). The ride is 100% going to have a wait higher than 45 minutes, so will that line snake across that entire area? Also little to none of that section has an inch of shade.

I think the issue Disney has with Guardians is that the entirety of the indoor queue can only hold approx. 40-45 minutes wait worth of people (sorry if that's worded weird, unsure how else to explain it). The ride is 100% going to have a wait higher than 45 minutes, so will that line snake across that entire area? Also little to none of that section has an inch of shade.

I thought they had set up some exterior queue area, off to the left of the entrance. That said, it was definitely not shaded or anything.

I vaguely remember quite a while back them putting stanchions outside to simulate an extended queue, but that's going to be brutal most of the year with no shade yeah.

Okay. Then yes, it's a fine question if someone wants to ask it.

More seriously: the women's game is getting a LOT more attention, and not just because of Clark (or Mulkey for that matter), but the game is really good. I'm increasingly seeing articles, etc. talk about it as being better than the men--in part because the WNBA pays less than top-tier NIL deals, and so the best players have an incentive to stay in college as long as they can.

It should be, I've been a fan of the Women's NCAA program for decades, they have always been unfairly considered less worthy IMHO.

Of course, I'm in CT, the UConn Women are legends here, it's the Men who have been considered less worthy until fairly recently.

It's going to be a great weekend -- Go Huskies!

🏳️‍🌈 Disneyland announced all of the details for Pride Nite 2024, including on-sale dates and more! The event is set to take place at Disneyland Park on June 18th and 20th and promises new celebrations, photo opportunities, exclusive merchandise, tasty cuisine, and refreshing beverages.

You can read more at wdwinfo.com – the official sponsor of this forum!

Disney has had 3 VQs open at the same time without a problem. In the fall there was:
- Guardian's
- Tiana (intermittently)
- Tron

I would not plan that the VQ for Guardians will be removed until an official announcement has been made by Disney.

Considering GotG still fills within seconds every morning and very quickly in the afternoon, I'd be happy to keep it in VQ status rather than wait hours and hours in line to enjoy this amazing attraction!

Hope not. I can't imagine the SB wait times OR the price of $ILL as it will be super high demand.

Why couldn't there be 3 rides with VQ? The system works well. If it ain't broke ...

https://www.thewrap.com/disney-release-dates-2026-toy-story-5-mandalorian-movie/

Disney Plots Big 2026 With Dates for ‘Star Wars’ Movie ‘Mandalorian & Grogu,’ ‘Toy Story 5’ and Live-Action ‘Moana’

“Tron: Ares” is also confirmed for October 2025 in a slew of slate updates following the company’s shareholder meeting

by Drew Taylor
April 5, 2024 @ 11:10 AM PDT

Disney is ready to firm up their release calendar, with a slew of new announcements, most notably that 2026 is going to be a truly blockbuster year for the company – “The Mandalorian & Grogu,” the first “Star Wars” feature since “The Rise of Skywalker” in 2019, is set for May 22, 2026; “Toy Story 5” will debut on June 19, 2026; and the live-action adaptation of “Moana” will embark on July 10, 2026. Additionally, “Tron: Ares,” the third film in the sci-fi franchise, will hit theaters on October 10, 2025.

her changes include “The Amateur,” a CIA revenge thriller featuring Rami Malek, Rachel Brosnahan, Caitríona Balfe and Laurence Fishburne, which was previously dated for November 8, 2024. It will now bow on April 11, 2025.

Amy Adams-starrer “Nightbitch,” from Searchlight and Annapurna, was meant to be a Hulu original but is now getting a prime, awards-worthy theatrical date of December 6, 2024.

Also, an untitled Disney project, previously dated for July 10, 2026, has been removed from the schedule.

2026 feels particularly stacked for the company, with a new “Avengers” movie due from Marvel Studios and a feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios (which could possibly be the next entry in the “Frozen” franchise). Also a second “Star Wars” feature is on the 2026 calendar for the all-important Christmas slot of December 18, 2026. Could this be the new Rey movie, returning Daisy Ridley to a galaxy far, far away?

There are also plenty of titles that have not been revealed for 2026, including an additional Pixar movie, plus several Disney and Marvel titles. Look for more to be revealed at D23, a kind of Disney-only Comic-Con, headed to Anaheim this August.

The film schedule announcement is happening just days after the shareholder revolt resoundingly rejected the advancements of Nelson Peltz and his Trian Partners, an alternate investment management fund and a huge shareholder in the Walt Disney Company.

“The Mandalorian & Grogu” will be directed by Jon Favreau and serves as an extension of the popular Disney+ series about a bounty hunter (Pedro Pascal) and his adorable charge (Grogu). Favreau co-wrote the script with Dave Filoni and will produce the film alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Filoni.

The live-action “Moana” will follow the “Moana” animated sequel (in theaters this Thanksgiving) and feature Dwayne Johnson reprising his role as Maui. It was written by original “Moana” screenwriter Jared Bush and will be directed by Thomas Kail.

I vaguely remember quite a while back them putting stanchions outside to simulate an extended queue, but that's going to be brutal most of the year with no shade yeah.
I think those are used for the After Hours when GoTG does use Stand By

I didn't realize there will be 8 comic book movies (Joker 2, Venom 3, CA:BNW, Thunderbolts, Unannounced Sony Marvel, Superman, TF4, and Blade) within 13 months (Oct. 2024 - November 2025). Hoo boy.
I don't keep up with studio movie release schedules very closely, but is it unusual (or not) to commit to timetables this far out?

I don't keep up with studio movie release schedules very closely, but is it unusual (or not) to commit to timetables this far out?

It's pretty common that the big studios know which weekends are "theirs" for a release. Notice that a lot of them are unnamed. Of course, other studios could schedule something, but they sort of try to avoid cannibilizing each other too much, at least witht he big releases. Sometimes they will play chicken on a date and one studio will balk. Anyway, those 2026 dates are just super tentative at the moment.

I was thinking this when we were there a couple weeks ago. One time we rode GOG and we were lined up outside. It still only took about 50 minutes. I was thinking I don’t know how they could make this line not a VQ. They’d have to add quite a bit to be able to handle a couple hour line I’d think. Even just going to the area to the left of the entrance to add a line I don’t know if there is enough room there to have a queue as long as it would be without VQ.

Tron has quite a bit of space and could have the line go down the ramp if need be. I think they could do it there easier than GOG.

I was thinking this when we were there a couple weeks ago. One time we rode GOG and we were lined up outside. It still only took about 50 minutes. I was thinking I don’t know how they could make this line not a VQ. They’d have to add quite a bit to be able to handle a couple hour line I’d think. Even just going to the area to the left of the entrance to add a line I don’t know if there is enough room there to have a queue as long as it would be without VQ.

Tron has quite a bit of space and could have the line go down the ramp if need be. I think they could do it there easier than GOG.
This ride will easily be 60+ minutes every day even on slower days if the VQ was removed. I'm not sure why Disney didn't build a more extensive queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter