Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Boo!! Hiss!!

https://deadline.com/2024/02/disney-original-movies-series-content-removal-emea-1235813461/

Disney+ Removes Original Movies & Series In EMEA
By Nellie Andreeva - Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV @DeadlineNellie February 3, 2024 - 12:23am PST

There has been another round of content removal from Disney+, this time in the EMEA region, which consists of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. More than 100 titles have been taken off this week, primarily Disney Channel original movies and vintage Disney live-action films, as well as a few series, including Zeke and Luther, Pepper Ann, So Random and the first three seasons of Nat Geo’s Genius.

According to sources, the takedowns were a result of a library title review. There have been several content purges at Disney+ over the last year amid cost-cutting, most notably the removal of a slew of original series last May.

Here is a list of the movie titles that are said to be gone from Disney+ in EMEA.

A Tale of Two Critters
America’s Heart and Soul
Angry Sky (ESPN)
Babes in Toyland (1961)
Believeland (ESPN)
Bride of Boogedy
Brink
Candleshoe (1977)
Catholics vs Convicts (ESPN)
Cheetah
Country Bears
Darby O’Gill and the Little People (1959)
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)
Deion’s Double Play (ESPN)
Den Brother
Disney’s The Kid
Disney100 | Special Look (What a dumb thing to remove!)
Doug’s First Movie
Emil and the Detectives
First Kid
Greyfriars Bobby: The True Story of a Dog (1961)
Gus (1976)
Hacksaw
Hatching Pete
Heavyweights
Hello Dolly! (20th – One of only 3 legendary Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musicals on Disney+ left)
Horse Sense
In Search of Derrick Thomas (ESPN)
In the Greek (ESPN)
Just Morgan Had A Horse
Kings Ransom (ESPN)
Lolo (ESPN)
Lorenzo (Short) (Never arrived in USA after it left Netflix 2 years ago)
Max Keeble’s Big Move
Miracle at Midnight
Motocrossed
Mr. Magoo
North Korea: Fire and Fury (Nat Geo)
Pixel Perfect
Qualified (ESPN)
Read It and Weep
Recess: All Growed Down
Return from Witch Mountain (1978)
Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish
Right on Track
Roving Mars
Sacred Planet
Sammy, the Way-Out Seal (1962)
Shipwrecked
Shortsgiving with Big City Greens (Disney Channel)
Smart House
Snowball Express (1971)
Stepsister from Planet Weird
Stuck in the Suburbs
Sultan and the Rock Star (1980)
Swiss Family Robinson
Swiss Family Robinson (1940)
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill
Teacher’s Pet
That Darn Cat
The Absent-Minded Professor (1961)
The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin
The Adventures of Yellow Dog: Far from Home
The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (1979)
The Bears and I (1974)
The Birth of Big Air (ESPN)
The Biscuit Eater (1971)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Castaway Cowboy (1974)
The Cat from Outer Space
The Christmas Star
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Ghosts of Buxley Hall
The Gospel According to Mac (ESPN)
The Incredible Journey (1963)
The Island at the Top of the World (1974)
The Legend of Jimmy the Greek (ESPN)
The Million Dollar Duck
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
The Reluctant Dragon
The Shaggy D.A. (1976)
The Shaggy Dog (1959)
The Strongest Man in the World (1975)
The Two Bills
The Ugly Dachshund (1966)
The Ultimate Christmas Present (One of the DCOMs that DIsney+ uploaded with a butchered aspect ratio)
The Vanishing Prairie (1956)
Third Man on the Mountain (1959)
Those Calloways (1965)
Trail of the Panda
Treasure of Matecumbe (1976)
Trojan War (ESPN)
True Life Adventures: Perri
True Life Adventures: Secrets of Life
Unidentified Flying Oddball
Up, Up, and Away
Yellowstone Cubs (1963)
You Lucky Dog
You Wish
Youngstown Boys (ESPN)
Zenon Girl of the 21st Century

That scared and angered me until I saw that it wasn't for the US. Still sucks though. I can't believe they are removing Darby O'Gill right before St Patrick's Day :confused3 Disney 100 is stupid to remove. I have The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin in my list and haven't watched it yet. I got angry about that one. So weird.

That scared and angered me until I saw that it wasn't for the US. Still sucks though. I can't believe they are removing Darby O'Gill right before St Patrick's Day :confused3 Disney 100 is stupid to remove. I have The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin in my list and haven't watched it yet. I got angry about that one. So weird.
It will be interesting to see if it is just an international rights reason or if Disney is going to start purging legacy content getting not enough hits in the algorithm for their liking
The dcoms stink as there is a new DCOM/made for tv movie podcast that just launched

For those, like me, who were disappointed in the new boardwalk room pictures, I must say the room does look much better on camera:

Maybe it’s the lighting? Looks more put together and doesn’t clash as much. I’d still love a rug and a less busy headboard though.

Apologies if this was already posted, but I don't recall seeing it.

New Percy Jackson Exhibit Hits Walt Disney World

I have to plug this - it's a familial requirement as my niece plays Sally Jackson in this show and she's awesome! And I'm not the least bit biased, I swear :goodvibes . Well - maybe a little :).
We are fifty-something adults who had never read the books - though I've bought them now LOL - and we loved the show! Your niece does some excellent work - please tell her two random people in NC loved her performance and all the nuance she brought to the role.

I'm wondering how they'll handle bundled accounts included with phone service that's a family plan. We get the bundle with our verizon family plan which includes ppl. in multiple states. Should be interesting.

We have Netflix through Tmobile (and also a family plan with multiple households). When Netflix started their PW crackdown last year, I spoke with TMobile and they said "too bad". it's one netflix account per family plan. if someone on that family plan lives in a different household, they can't set up a second netflix account, so they are out of luck. the way it's enforced is that the main access point on a tv or some other stationary account is your "home". then any other travel items that connect (ipads, phones, laptops, etc) need to log in to the same wifi at least once every 30 days for them to continue to work independently. That's how you can still use it for travel, but someone can't connect their tv in another household to the account. I don't know if Disney will do the same. I guess we'll see.

https://wdwnt.com/2024/02/walt-disney-world-opening-day-cast-member/

Opening Day Cast Member Still Making a Difference at Walt Disney World 50 Years Later​

Toni Ferrigno
February 5, 2024

Pam Flint, opening day cast member celebrates 50 years of working at Walt Disney World

Pam Flint, an opening day Cast Member who is still working at Walt Disney World, has shared what the past 50 years have been like in a new interview with People.

wdw mk pam flint cast member pam flint disney 50 year employee 4 013124 987ae4e4e2cb40b281f078edddad26c4

Photo courtesy of Pam Flint via People

Flint, 72, began her tenure as an opening day Cast Member in the role of a can-can dancer at The Diamond Horseshoe in Magic Kingdom and was there for the park’s first day of operations on October 1, 1971. “My actual hire date is Sept. 15, 1971, and we had two weeks of rehearsals before Oct. 1,” she says. Flint recalls that very first day with fondness. “Everyone was so excited on day one,” she shares. “We only had 15 people show up to our first show, but it didn’t matter — it was a great show, and we all had a great time.”

wdw mk pam flint cast member pam flint disney 50 year employee 6 013124 48b72f046f374d00a4fce5f0cc48167f
Photo courtesy of Pam Flint via People

Throughout her years, Flint has held many positions at Walt Disney World, including as Miss Claire in the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, buying manager, costumer (including for the re-imagining of Fantasyland), project manager, designer, and procurer of costumes for the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder for Disney Cruise Line.

A few years ago, she thought it was time to retire, but Flint was only gone for nine months before she was pulled back in.

I got a call […] and they asked me to come back part-time, so I did to help cover holidays and things. And one thing led to another, and they offered me my old job back, and I said, “Okay.” And I’ve been here ever since.
Pam Flint

These days, she works as a proprietor of operations costuming at EPCOT, where she oversees the animatronics, and the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

wdw mk pam flint cast member pam flint disney 50 year employee 5 013124 1d56cbd2db91419ba7f67302dcac759a
Image Source: Olga Thompson via People

Flint, who officially hit the 50-year milestone in 2023, was honored alongside other long-time Cast Members at the 2024 Disney Service Celebration, an annual event for Cast Members hitting major milestones in their Walt Disney World careers. She last attended the celebration for her 45th anniversary.

As far as her future at Walt Disney World, Flint hopes to remain as long as she can continue to make a difference. “As long as I’m doing that — making a difference, moving my division forward — I would love to stay.”

I actually watched Bullwhip Griffin a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't familliar with it, at least I don't remember it. It starts pretty good but sort of devolves after a while. It's also a tad too long. Still, it's an interesting watch.

I actually watched Bullwhip Griffin a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't familliar with it, at least I don't remember it. It starts pretty good but sort of devolves after a while. It's also a tad too long. Still, it's an interesting watch.
Never heard of it. When was it made

Worth a watch?

I thought it was okay. It does have Suzanne Pleshette in it at the very least. It is actually prety good at first, and even in the middle. The finale though...ehh. It gets a little weird and starts doing things that it hadn't been doing previously (strange animated effects). It's pretty long too. Still, I've seen worse. It could be worth a look anyway.

New Concept Art Released for ‘The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure’ Show Coming to Hollywood Studios
Disney has released new concept art of the puppets that will be a part of the reimagined Little Mermaid show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As seen below, the artwork shows Sebastian, Flounder, and Max. The concept art was released alongside the announcement that Disney is now seeking puppeteers for roles within the new show that is expected to debut this Fall called The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure.
1707300961977.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter