Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Wow...I read this article and it looks like they took the potato salad, fried pickles, and roasted veggies off Round Up Rodeo's sides. Also looking on MDE they also took away the Caesar salad. We were considering booking this for our April trip but definitely not with these changes.
I expect a lot of the aycte restaurants “simplifying” menus raising prices and have overall quality go down when dining plans return so they can quickly move guests in and out

I wonder why they still want APs to make park reservations at all. I feel like they were more valuable to the powers that be when it was a way to track and control all ticket types.
I think they still want to limit local AP holders to 5 days for reservations and not let the parks get too AP heavy again.
Also regarding reservations, remember you can always CHANGE your reservation unless you are going during the incredibly busy times. Someone mentioned needing to tap into the reserved park before hopping….why not just change your rez and go to the other park?

I expect a lot of the aycte restaurants “simplifying” menus raising prices and have overall quality go down when dining plans return so they can quickly move guests in and out
Ugh..you’re probably right. That’s not great.

I'd settle for a compromise where APs with resort reservations didn't have to make park reservations. Those should be easy enough to track similar to regular ticketed guests.
This is what I keep saying. I mean, I can handle making the park reservations and all. But, since I'm not a local, going to WDW is still very much a vacation for me. It would be nice to have the flexibility back of not having to make reservations when I'm staying onsite. Other than the super busy times, it never seems like it's that difficult to get a park reservation the same day. So, I don't see how keeping APs with rooms booked on park reservations really adds anything to the overall system. Maybe they should change the calendar a bit. Like have APs with room reservations only need to make park reservations in December through new year and on Thanksgiving & Fourth of July? Or something like that.

Many Disney100 Celebrations Still Going on in Epcot

If you thought the magical Disney100 celebration at EPCOT was over, think again! Even though the party was supposed to wrap up on December 31st, some of that special Disney magic is still sprinkling around the park! Here’s what you can still enjoy!

As of January 1, 2024, many Disney100 celebration items at EPCOT were still being offered, despite the advertised end date of December 31, 2023. These offerings include the beloved Soarin’ Over California, the version of the ride that temporarily took the place of Soarin’ Around the World. Disney brought Soarin’ Over California back for the Disney100 celebration, and have not yet switched the attraction back to Soarin’ Around the World.

As you walk around, you’ll still see the beautiful Disney100 banners and decorations, including the large Disney 100 mural that adorns the construction walls near the front of the World Showcase. These items were supposed to be gone by now, but hey, who’s complaining? More time to snap those perfect photos with the sparkling centenary decor!

The Disney100 light show on Spaceship Earth is still dazzling guests with its spectacular lights and music. It’s like the whole globe is celebrating Disney’s100 years of magic! Mickey and Minnie are still decked out in the Disney100 bests at the Meet and Greet in the Imagination Pavilion.

Considering the advertised end date for these items was December 31, 2023, they will certainly be retired soon. If you have not yet had the chance to experience all of the Disney100 celebration items at EPCOT, hurry over to the park before they are gone!

D23 releases new gold member collector set

Fans of the fascinating and purveyors of the profound—prepare to be amazed! D23 is delighted to bring you a mystery box filled to the brim with the most mesmerizing magic, available to all new and renewing D23 Gold Members in 2024!

The Magic & Mystery Box Collector Set contains a Sorcerer Mickey figurine, one mystery figurine, two mystery pins, and a deck of playing cards, as well as a Membership Card and Certificate.
View attachment 822047
These are very cute! I wonder if there'll be a way to buy the other figures (other than eBay resellers).

I didn't see anyone mention this yet but as of January 1st Steamboat Willie (and two other black and white Mickey Mouse cartoons) are now in the public domain and already a horror movie and survival horror game were announced LOL
It's similar to how Busch Gardens heavily pushes their dining plan despite the food quality being so bad that you're 100% better off packing a cooler with sandwiches, leaving it in your car and then going back to your car to eat those sandwiches.

Many Disney100 Celebrations Still Going on in Epcot

If you thought the magical Disney100 celebration at EPCOT was over, think again! Even though the party was supposed to wrap up on December 31st, some of that special Disney magic is still sprinkling around the park! Here’s what you can still enjoy!

As of January 1, 2024, many Disney100 celebration items at EPCOT were still being offered, despite the advertised end date of December 31, 2023. These offerings include the beloved Soarin’ Over California, the version of the ride that temporarily took the place of Soarin’ Around the World. Disney brought Soarin’ Over California back for the Disney100 celebration, and have not yet switched the attraction back to Soarin’ Around the World.

As you walk around, you’ll still see the beautiful Disney100 banners and decorations, including the large Disney 100 mural that adorns the construction walls near the front of the World Showcase. These items were supposed to be gone by now, but hey, who’s complaining? More time to snap those perfect photos with the sparkling centenary decor!

The Disney100 light show on Spaceship Earth is still dazzling guests with its spectacular lights and music. It’s like the whole globe is celebrating Disney’s100 years of magic! Mickey and Minnie are still decked out in the Disney100 bests at the Meet and Greet in the Imagination Pavilion.

Considering the advertised end date for these items was December 31, 2023, they will certainly be retired soon. If you have not yet had the chance to experience all of the Disney100 celebration items at EPCOT, hurry over to the park before they are gone!
Not gonna lie and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'll be happy when Soarin over California is gone. I saw it for the first time in October and rode twice just to make sure but I wasn't a fan. Soarin Around the World feels so much more relaxing and peaceful. Those fighter jets in the California version are so harsh and jarring.

Wow...I read this article and it looks like they took the potato salad, fried pickles, and roasted veggies off Round Up Rodeo's sides. Also looking on MDE they also took away the Caesar salad. We were considering booking this for our April trip but definitely not with these changes.
Yep, this seals the deal for us - no Round Up Rodeo for our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter