• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I hear you! The Pope's Exorcist? Lol, don't care to even look up what that's about
It’s about a real guy. He was a well-known exorcist who worked for the Vatican. This was in the 80s and 90s. Russel Crowe plays him. He’s quite the character. It was actually one of the better exorcist movies I’ve seen. It actually had a good plot and story.

Some streaming data from Nielsen. Have to say there are times where I feel wildly out of touch with what people are watching and “who is erin carter?” is a good question because I sure don’t know.

View attachment 796228

View attachment 796229
If you have Netflix it's hard to miss these things as they have spots for new releases, newly added, top 10 shows, top 10 movies, etc as you enter the app. TBH I don't go to Disney+ looking for that because they just don't have the amount of content other streaming services do have. I'm constantly finding new things to watch on Netflix, Disney+ I'm just primarily watching stuff I've already seen.

It’s about a real guy. He was a well-known exorcist who worked for the Vatican. This was in the 80s and 90s. Russel Crowe plays him. He’s quite the character. It was actually one of the better exorcist movies I’ve seen. It actually had a good plot and story.
I've been meaning to watch that, glad to hear of a positive review

Well alrighty then!

Writers and producers are near an agreement to end the Writers Guild of America strike after meeting face to face on Wednesday, people close to the negotiations told @CNBC. The two sides hope to finalize a deal Thursday, the sources said.

Hollywood studios, writers near agreement to end strike, hope to finalize deal Thursday, sources say

Scott Gustin
Not finalized but they’re still talking and meeting again today:

WGA and AMPTP Move Closer to Deal as Third Day of Marathon Negotiations Ends

The Writers Guild of America and Hollywood’s major studios moved significantly closer to ending the nearly five-month strike late Friday. A third day of marathon negotiations ended without a deal but with strong indications that the sides are closing in on a tentative deal for a hard-fought three-year contract.

The sides will meet again on Saturday, underscoring the urgency surrounding the negotiations. The long-stalled talks have been jumpstarted this week by the presence of four top studio executives. It was not clear whether that executive foursome will join again in person.

The senior executives — Disney’s Bob Iger, Warner Bros. Discovery’s David Zaslav, NBCUniversal’s Donna Langley and Netflix’s Ted Sarandos — who have helped guide the highly contested negotiations left the headquarters of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers’ headquarters is Sherman Oaks around 8:30 p.m. on Friday. Source on both sides of the table indicated that movement was finally made in the final hours of Friday’s session, which began at 11 a.m. PT.

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't pursued getting Bluey into the parks, especially Disney Junior stuff in HS. DD has a really hard time watching movies and/or TV shows but she can watch Bluey on endless repeat.
I don't believe Disney owns the theme park rights, just the streaming rights in the US.

I agree though. Bluey has a huge fanbase with both kids and adults. I haven't watched anything beyond clips and it's very cute. The dad is a mood.

I don't believe Disney owns the theme park rights, just the streaming rights in the US.

I agree though. Bluey has a huge fanbase with both kids and adults. I haven't watched anything beyond clips and it's very cute. The dad is a mood.
Got to go through The BBC for licensing Bluey in the parks. Just license that and Dr. Who and get both in the parks.

Operating hours extended tonight at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom will now close at 11 pm, an hour longer than the planned 10:00 pm close today.

Guests at Magic Kingdom are being notified by a push notification in the My Disney Experience app.

Operating hour extensions at the parks were reasonably common pre-pandemic, but they have been scarce since park reservations have been required.

Operating hours extended tonight at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom will now close at 11 pm, an hour longer than the planned 10:00 pm close today.

Guests at Magic Kingdom are being notified by a push notification in the My Disney Experience app.

Operating hour extensions at the parks were reasonably common pre-pandemic, but they have been scarce since park reservations have been required.

This gives me hope my trip in october might get some 11PM nights....

Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana AP/DVC previews start this morning at EPCOT and a virtual queue will be used “as needed.” When the virtual queue is being used, you can request to join after scanning a QR code located at the attraction.

IMG_2394.jpeg

We are in EPCOT today and it is crazy! They were no longer selling tickets when we got here at 11. Most of the rides are fluctuating between 90 and 200 minutes. We waited in the Moana virtual queue for about 2 hours and then the actual queue for almost another hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter