Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I used to hear people say that when they received their Magic Bands that would be the time to get psyched for the trip...for me it was the luggage tags with the name of the resort on them that got me pumped...also miss airport check in at the resorts...the little things that saved time.
It would be a service I would pay for if my luggage was delivered to my room while I was in the park... Right now, I have to wait at the airport, lug it to the resort, have Bell Services store it for me, and then pick it up at Bell Service (and I always give a nice tip), and lug it to my room. That's worth time and money to me.

I used to hear people say that when they received their Magic Bands that would be the time to get psyched for the trip...for me it was the luggage tags with the name of the resort on them that got me pumped...also miss airport check in at the resorts...the little things that saved time.
I was always psyched for the trip even in the planning phase but for me I always consider the travel stressful. The goal line for me travel stress wise always was when we got on the magical bus and they started playing that intro video. At that point I feel like I got done my job wrangling kids into the car, through the airport, and now it was Disney’s turn and I could just relax.

Since they got rid of it we have decided to drive down each time from Pennsylvania. We’ve been 4 times and I can say confidently the $50 or whatever they would spend cost them much more (especially since we’re dvc and basically pay it through dues).

We literally have never eaten off site before in the dozen or so trips we had made. Now that we have a car we eat offsite 2 to 3 times for every one time we eat on site. Furthermore even if they bring it back I believe the damage is done because now that we’ve had car we realize we always want to have one so whenever we end up flying down we’d just rent one.

It would be a service I would pay for if my luggage was delivered to my room while I was in the park... Right now, I have to wait at the airport, lug it to the resort, have Bell Services store it for me, and then pick it up at Bell Service (and I always give a nice tip), and lug it to my room. That's worth time and money to me.
Same here....you have to tip bell services when you arrive at resort and you have to check luggage until room is ready and than tip again whether you go back to bell services and pick up your luggage or have them bring luggage to room and you have to be in room for them to bring luggage...I would be happy to pay for luggage to be taken from airport and magically appear in my room!

I was always psyched for the trip even in the planning phase but for me I always consider the travel stressful. The goal line for me travel stress wise always was when we got on the magical bus and they started playing that intro video. At that point I feel like I got done my job wrangling kids into the car, through the airport, and now it was Disney’s turn and I could just relax.

Since they got rid of it we have decided to drive down each time from Pennsylvania. We’ve been 4 times and I can say confidently the $50 or whatever they would spend cost them much more (especially since we’re dvc and basically pay it through dues).

We literally have never eaten off site before in the dozen or so trips we had made. Now that we have a car we eat offsite 2 to 3 times for every one time we eat on site. Furthermore even if they bring it back I believe the damage is done because now that we’ve had car we realize we always want to have one so whenever we end up flying down we’d just rent one.
I think this message should be shared with someone at Disney. While thinking about driving from NJ seems daunting for me personally..that ride home especially must be brutal for the post-Disney blues...i am certain that what you are doing was an unintended consequence of getting rid of that service.
It's all about bottom line...and if they do a study where getting rid of this is actually losing them $..perhaps one day...they are also probably banking on that eventual train from MCO to Disney Springs? What a cluster$%@ that is on the surface.

Last edited:

Yes, take the responses you received above and multiply them many times.
So it would seem. Paying to potentially save an hour or so to do other things isn't my cup of tea, but I also refuse to pay for stuff like Genie+ when plenty of people have no problem paying for that service. Based on the uproar over DME going away I'm surprised to learn here that there were many people not even using it at that point.

Based on the uproar over DME going away I'm surprised to learn here that there were many people not even using it at that point.
We used DME a few times due to the kids wanting to be on a bus, but that interest quickly subsided and it was much more convenient to use a taxi or car service.

Yes. We did several times because it was faster. Both to get to the parks faster and to leave later for the airport so we could stay in the parks longer.
So it would seem. Paying to potentially save an hour or so to do other things isn't my cup of tea, but I also refuse to pay for stuff like Genie+ when plenty of people have no problem paying for that service. Based on the uproar over DME going away I'm surprised to learn here that there were many people not even using it at that point.
Paying to save an hour or 2 with a 2 year old is invaluable!

We used ME frequently when the kids were little. I think ME worked well for families because the ride
share requires car seats and bigger more expensive vehicles. When Disney ended at resort check in and
luggage services and ME, we started taking shorter trips with carry on only. This is when the kids were older.
We always use ride share to our Disney resort. If we have a very earlyreturn flight, we use Mears resort pick up.
I am always worried that the ride share person will blow us off at 3 a.m.

Disney Holds ‘Haunted Mansion’ Premiere Without Its Stars For First Major Event Impacted By Actors Strike
The studio leaned on the film's producers and directors, as well as its theme park characters, on the red carpet in the absence of actors Tiffany Haddish, LaKeith Stanfield and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Shameful. These folks got paid a lot of money, and now they abandon Disney at the premiere. Although, I have no idea why Disney thought it was a good idea to release this in July instead of October or end of September. Maybe hoping to release on Disney+ then instead. Or maybe hoping to grab as much cash as soon as possible. Not sure how Haddish ended up in a Disney movie either. Not a good look at all.

Shameful. These folks got paid a lot of money, and now they abandon Disney at the premiere. Although, I have no idea why Disney thought it was a good idea to release this in July instead of October or end of September. Maybe hoping to release on Disney+ then instead. Or maybe hoping to grab as much cash as soon as possible. Not sure how Haddish ended up in a Disney movie either. Not a good look at all.
These folks are striking primarily over wages so I don't think they feel they owe Disney anything, especially after some of Iger's recent statements that have gone viral.

These folks are striking primarily over wages so I don't think they feel they owe Disney anything, especially after some of Iger's recent statements that have gone viral.

These particular folks were given a big opportunity and compensated well to be in Haunted Mansion. The least they could do is show up for the premiere. Hope Disney never considers them for anything again. Especially Haddish. That is one disgusting individual that shouldn't be within 100 yards of any project involving or targeted to children.

As for Iger, I'm not a fan, but I try to be objective and I see why he said the things he has said. Drescher is very publicly (and very nasally) burning down the studios. Iger should have responded, but in typical arrogant Disney CEO fashion, he struck the wrong note. Not that I feel bad for millionaire actors complaining about how much CEOs are getting paid. I know they claim to be standing up for the "little guy" actors or actresses, but I don't see the top paid actors taking less than the market pays to support the little guy. Not sure why they expect a CEO to do it if they don't do it themselves.

I guess we will see who is more important to these companies. High dollar management or high dollar talent. I'm not a fan of either, but I'm fine with seeing some new faces in movies. Half of them are nepo-babies that are only there because their parents were either stars or important Hollywood execs. (yeah, I'm looking at you, Donna Martin.) I'm sure there is a lot of good, untapped talent out there that just hasn't gotten the opportunity. Same goes for the writers. Let's see some new blood with some fresh ideas. I'm mean, we can't live action and sequel our lives away forever.

Last edited:
These particular folks were given a big opportunity and compensated well to be in Haunted Mansion. The least they could do is show up for the premiere. Hope Disney never considers them for anything again. Especially Haddish. That is one disgusting individual that shouldn't be within 100 yards of any project involving or targeted to children.
Their union is on strike. They couldn't go. This isn't just happening with the Haunted Mansion promo, no actors are promoting their films right now.

Their union is on strike. They couldn't go. This isn't just happening with the Haunted Mansion promo, no actors are promoting their films right now.

And an important point to remember is that these Hollywood superstars don't go on strike for themselves. Yes, they are very well compensated for their work, but the vast majority of actors don't make millions. They show up in small roles, hustle to get parts, and may very much need the small residual checks that they do get. They are the ones that need a fair deal, but all actors have to strike. It is the leverage that the big stars bring that will help to get the deal done.

1689602709219.png

Now, I'm guessing he doesn't wear a sweater when he exercises. But, apparently, you have to go to Idaho to find Bob Iger not wearing a sweater.

Admittedly, this jacket is pretty close to a sweater.

New Disney100 Experiences Coming to EPCOT This September

Disney100 celebration at EPCOT

Mon, July 17, 2023

New Disney100 Experiences Coming to EPCOT This September​

Vanessa de la Viña

by Vanessa de la Viña, Public Relations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

The celebration of The Walt Disney Company’s 100th anniversary is underway, and I’m excited to share that Disney100 will ramp up at Walt Disney World Resort beginning late September! Throughout the year, we’ve been celebrating the fans and storytellers who have sparked the joy that is Disney over the last century. It’s been so fun to see all of the special surprises at Disney parks across the globe helping fans and families relive beloved Disney memories and experience new, heartwarming stories.
You may have heard that EPCOT will be the center of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World, marking not only a century of magic and innovation, but also ushering in the future as the multi-year transformation of the park wraps up.
So, what’s in store for this limited-time celebration at EPCOT? Keep reading to learn more about what you’ll find starting September 22!
2i3u87you12k3tig81i3t087987131.jpg

Have you taken a selfie with any of the Disney100 backdrops located at all four theme parks and Disney Springs? You’ll be able to snap a photo with a new platinum Mickey Mouse sculpture in World Celebration with Spaceship Earth in the background. And don’t forget about the dazzling Disney100 Magic Shots and PhotoPass offerings currently available across Walt Disney World.
Be sure to check out the all-new mural at the heart of World Celebration to see how many of the 100 Disney characters you can find in the incredible scene. This expansive mural located along the walkway to World Showcase will feature some of your favorite characters hidden throughout the various neighborhoods of EPCOT. The rest of World Celebration will also be decked out in Disney100 platinum banners and décor.

Mark your calendars because you’ll be able to meet, hug and snap a photo with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their platinum best in the Imagination! pavilion. They won’t be the only ones sparkling in honor of the celebration. Spaceship Earth will light up each night with special colors and lights accompanied by the Disney100 anthem, a unique rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.”
Speciality food items celebrating Disney100 coming to EPCOT

My favorite part of any celebration is the food, and this one won’t disappoint! Sip and savor the tastes of the Disney100 celebration with limited-time food & beverage locations during both the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays! I can’t wait to sample all of the culinary delights and delectable drinks that evoke new and timeless Disney memories. Check out the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival foodie guide for the full menus.
Purple metallic Mickey Balloon Premium Popcorn Bucket

That’s not the only exclusive food and beverage you’ll be able to enjoy during the celebration! You won’t want to miss out on the purple metallic Mickey Balloon Premium Popcorn Bucket available only at EPCOT during Disney100.
We can’t wait to welcome you to EPCOT to see the ongoing transformation of the park and join the excitement of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World from Sept. 22 to Dec. 31, 2023. Be sure to share your favorite Disney100 memories on social with #Disney100. And stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for details about even more new experiences debuting during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.

New Disney100 Experiences Coming to EPCOT This September

Mon, July 17, 2023

New Disney100 Experiences Coming to EPCOT This September​

Vanessa de la Viña

by Vanessa de la Viña, Public Relations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

The celebration of The Walt Disney Company’s 100th anniversary is underway, and I’m excited to share that Disney100 will ramp up at Walt Disney World Resort beginning late September! Throughout the year, we’ve been celebrating the fans and storytellers who have sparked the joy that is Disney over the last century. It’s been so fun to see all of the special surprises at Disney parks across the globe helping fans and families relive beloved Disney memories and experience new, heartwarming stories.
You may have heard that EPCOT will be the center of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World, marking not only a century of magic and innovation, but also ushering in the future as the multi-year transformation of the park wraps up.
So, what’s in store for this limited-time celebration at EPCOT? Keep reading to learn more about what you’ll find starting September 22!
2i3u87you12k3tig81i3t087987131.jpg

Have you taken a selfie with any of the Disney100 backdrops located at all four theme parks and Disney Springs? You’ll be able to snap a photo with a new platinum Mickey Mouse sculpture in World Celebration with Spaceship Earth in the background. And don’t forget about the dazzling Disney100 Magic Shots and PhotoPass offerings currently available across Walt Disney World.
Be sure to check out the all-new mural at the heart of World Celebration to see how many of the 100 Disney characters you can find in the incredible scene. This expansive mural located along the walkway to World Showcase will feature some of your favorite characters hidden throughout the various neighborhoods of EPCOT. The rest of World Celebration will also be decked out in Disney100 platinum banners and décor.

Mark your calendars because you’ll be able to meet, hug and snap a photo with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their platinum best in the Imagination! pavilion. They won’t be the only ones sparkling in honor of the celebration. Spaceship Earth will light up each night with special colors and lights accompanied by the Disney100 anthem, a unique rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.”

My favorite part of any celebration is the food, and this one won’t disappoint! Sip and savor the tastes of the Disney100 celebration with limited-time food & beverage locations during both the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays! I can’t wait to sample all of the culinary delights and delectable drinks that evoke new and timeless Disney memories. Check out the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival foodie guide for the full menus.
Purple metallic Mickey Balloon Premium Popcorn Bucket

That’s not the only exclusive food and beverage you’ll be able to enjoy during the celebration! You won’t want to miss out on the purple metallic Mickey Balloon Premium Popcorn Bucket available only at EPCOT during Disney100.
We can’t wait to welcome you to EPCOT to see the ongoing transformation of the park and join the excitement of the Disney100 celebration at Walt Disney World from Sept. 22 to Dec. 31, 2023. Be sure to share your favorite Disney100 memories on social with #Disney100. And stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for details about even more new experiences debuting during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.

Surely this will continue into 2024 as well . . . right?! They can’t have a year and a half of the 50th anniversary and only 3 months of the 100th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter