Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Not sure why there is a competition of sorts here...it sucks for anyone anywhere...agreed?
Editing to add this is a first event of its kind of this magnitude in my lifetime living here if it's a normal event to others..well..I'm not sure I would continue to live in such a place given my children's asthma.
Like I said, I'm not trying to minimize the impact of this. I just think that the media response is funny - many of them are sensationalizing this into end-of-the-world scenarios, when it's actually a common occurrence in other parts of the country.

Yay, thanks for posting this! Here's the Foodie Guide:

Disney Eats: Festive Foodie Guide to the Return of Halfway to the Holidays

Happy Halfway to the Holidays … well, almost! Summer officially starts next week, which means it’s that time of year to start the countdown to the holidays. From June 13 through 15, celebrate #HalfwaytotheHolidays with us on the Disney Parks Blog as we give you a taste of the season with announcements, sneak peeks, special treats and of course holiday fun. To prepare for all the festive fun, we’re kicking off with our Halfway to the Holidays Foodie Guide.

One of the best parts of the holidays is the delicious eats and sips you can indulge in. And what Halfway to the Holidays celebration would be complete without some? At Disneyland Resortand Walt Disney World Resort, even aboard Disney Cruise Line on the high seas, we’re unwrapping some returning favorites and new delights for this limited time. And trust me, you’ll want these bites!

You hear that? I think some jingle bells are getting ready. Halfway to the Holidays goodies are here! Let’s take a peek, shall we?

Egg Nog Slush and Mickey Gingerbread

Disneyland Resort

Disney California Adventure Park

Cozy Cone Motel 1
(Available June 13 through 15; mobile order available)

• Egg Nog Slush with Rumchata topped with whipped cream and sprinkles (New)
Pacific Wharf Café (Available June 13 through 15; mobile order available)

• Mickey Gingerbread
Gingerbread Man Macaron

Downtown Disney District

Kayla’s Cake
(Available June 13 through 15)

• Gingerbread Man Macaron: Gingerbread man printed macaron with gingerbread buttercream (New)
Brownie Tree Pop and Gingersnap Cookie

Walt Disney World Resort

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Gasparilla Island Grill

• Brownie Tree Pop: Returning from the annual Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Gingerbread House, a chocolate brownie dipped in white chocolate with rainbow sprinkles
  • Gingersnap Cookie: Returning from the annual Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Gingerbread House, a traditional gingersnap cookie topped with candied ginger
Collage of Halfway to the Holidays treats found aboard Disney Cruise Line ships

Disney Cruise Line

Disney Wish and Disney Fantasy

Joyful Sweets and Sweet on You
(Available June 12 through 18 aboard the Disney Wish and June 10 through 17 aboard the Disney Fantasy)

• Happy Santa Cupcake: Celebration cupcake with vanilla frosting and Christmas sprinkles
Available on Various Disney Cruise Line Ships

Preludes and Buena Vista Theater:

• Reindeer Sipper: Available on the following sailings:
    • Disney Fantasy: June 10 through 17
    • Disney Wish: June 12 through 18
    • Disney Wonder: June 12 through 19
    • Disney Magic: June 15 through 19
Preludes, Buena Vista Theater, and Luna Libations (Aboard the Disney Wish):

• Christmas Rotating Tin Popcorn Bucket with butter-flavored popcorn; available on the following sailings:
Cove Café and All Specialty Coffee Locations

• Holiday Stainless Steel Tumbler: Available on the following sailings:
From holidays to everyday excitement, there’s no limit to the fun that can be had at Disney Parks and aboard Disney Cruise Line! Keep your eyes peeled on the Disney Parks Blog and our social channels next week for more Halfway to the Holidays announcements coming your way.

If you’re interested in more foodie news, check out the Disney Eats topics page and Disney Eats on Instagram and Facebook. And tell us about your favorite jolly bites with #DisneyEats!

Happy Halfway to the Holidays!

(Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)

Yay, thanks for posting this! Here's the Foodie Guide:

Disney Eats: Festive Foodie Guide to the Return of Halfway to the Holidays

Happy Halfway to the Holidays … well, almost! Summer officially starts next week, which means it’s that time of year to start the countdown to the holidays. From June 13 through 15, celebrate #HalfwaytotheHolidays with us on the Disney Parks Blog as we give you a taste of the season with announcements, sneak peeks, special treats and of course holiday fun. To prepare for all the festive fun, we’re kicking off with our Halfway to the Holidays Foodie Guide.

One of the best parts of the holidays is the delicious eats and sips you can indulge in. And what Halfway to the Holidays celebration would be complete without some? At Disneyland Resortand Walt Disney World Resort, even aboard Disney Cruise Line on the high seas, we’re unwrapping some returning favorites and new delights for this limited time. And trust me, you’ll want these bites!

You hear that? I think some jingle bells are getting ready. Halfway to the Holidays goodies are here! Let’s take a peek, shall we?

Egg Nog Slush and Mickey Gingerbread

Disneyland Resort

Disney California Adventure Park

Cozy Cone Motel 1
(Available June 13 through 15; mobile order available)

• Egg Nog Slush with Rumchata topped with whipped cream and sprinkles (New)
Pacific Wharf Café (Available June 13 through 15; mobile order available)

• Mickey Gingerbread
Gingerbread Man Macaron

Downtown Disney District

Kayla’s Cake

• Gingerbread Man Macaron: Gingerbread man printed macaron with gingerbread buttercream (New)
Brownie Tree Pop and Gingersnap Cookie

Walt Disney World Resort

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Gasparilla Island Grill

• Brownie Tree Pop: Returning from the annual Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Gingerbread House, a chocolate brownie dipped in white chocolate with rainbow sprinkles
  • Gingersnap Cookie: Returning from the annual Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Gingerbread House, a traditional gingersnap cookie topped with candied ginger
Collage of Halfway to the Holidays treats found aboard Disney Cruise Line ships

Disney Cruise Line

Disney Wish and Disney Fantasy

Joyful Sweets and Sweet on You
(Available June 12 through 18 aboard the Disney Wish and June 10 through 17 aboard the Disney Fantasy)

• Happy Santa Cupcake: Celebration cupcake with vanilla frosting and Christmas sprinkles
Available on Various Disney Cruise Line Ships

Preludes and Buena Vista Theater:

• Reindeer Sipper: Available on the following sailings:
Preludes, Buena Vista Theater, and Luna Libations (Aboard the Disney Wish):

• Christmas Rotating Tin Popcorn Bucket with butter-flavored popcorn; available on the following sailings:
Cove Café and All Specialty Coffee Locations

• Holiday Stainless Steel Tumbler: Available on the following sailings:
From holidays to everyday excitement, there’s no limit to the fun that can be had at Disney Parks and aboard Disney Cruise Line! Keep your eyes peeled on the Disney Parks Blog and our social channels next week for more Halfway to the Holidays announcements coming your way.

If you’re interested in more foodie news, check out the Disney Eats topics page and Disney Eats on Instagram and Facebook. And tell us about your favorite jolly bites with #DisneyEats!

Happy Halfway to the Holidays!

(Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)
And here I was ready to bring down my Xmas tree.

The MDE app appears to be in the process of adding more character options to the user profile. There are spaces showing for Angel, Baymax, Esmerelda, Hiro, Jawas, and Tomorrowland Space Couple. They are still the blank Mickey head icons, with the exception of Jawas showing as the Golden Mickey statue. I'm glad to see some new options and love to see Esmerelda included.

Just saw on the local Philly news that Pixar Putt ... Pixar themed mini-golf pop-up

https://pixarputt.com/

is coming to Penn's Landing in Philly starting July 1st. Looks like they already have a location in Chicago as well
it's a little pricey but i think hubby and i are gonna go anyways :) he's got a vacation near the end of july so i'm gonna try and have us make a day of it. go do the exhibit at the franklin institute and then mini golf

I was excited til I saw the ticket prices. 😵‍💫
Yep ... mini-golf by me is ~ $10-12 and I think at WDW it was still ~ $15

it's a little pricey but i think hubby and i are gonna go anyways :) he's got a vacation near the end of july so i'm gonna try and have us make a day of it. go do the exhibit at the franklin institute and then mini golf

I've been talking to some friends who were coming into Philly this summer for the Disney 100 exhibit. As long they were cool with using Uber/Lyft, I recommend doing the Franklin Institute and the Museum of Art / 'Rocky Steps' while in the area. They could then head over to Penn's Landing for mini golf and Summerfest and hit something like the Reading Terminal Market along the way.

Is it overpowering the pot smell? I was in Manhattan a month ago and the smell of weed punched me in the face when I exited Penn Station...looks like legalization is going well ;).

Omg--- took my son to Times Sq to see "Transformers" yesterday--- yep, it has that pot vibe that I remember from years ago !! Out in the open !

Yep ... mini-golf by me is ~ $10-12 and I think at WDW it was still ~ $15

I've been talking to some friends who were coming into Philly this summer for the Disney 100 exhibit. As long they were cool with using Uber/Lyft, I recommend doing the Franklin Institute and the Museum of Art / 'Rocky Steps' while in the area. They could then head over to Penn's Landing for mini golf and Summerfest and hit something like the Reading Terminal Market along the way.
The pretzel cheesesteak sold by one of the vendors in there was a big hit with my crew! :)

The pretzel cheesesteak sold by one of the vendors in there was a big hit with my crew! :)

They've got so many great places there. Back in my younger days I used to volunteer at the annual WizardWorld Philly Comicon (now fanexpo). I used to make food runs to the Reading Terminal for some of the guests/celebs to get them some real food. Years later some of them still remember me as one of the 'sandwich guys'

Memorial Day is a little be more somber than 4th of July. Or at least, it should be IMO.
While I agree it is more somber, anyone who died fighting for this country or had a loved one die, would not be opposed to a Patriotic firework display. As opposed to a normal fireworks show on Memorial day, give me a red, white and blue one with the voices of Liberty singing all the favorites and I would stand at attention for the whole show after walking ten miles in the park that day!
JMHO

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Added to My Disney Experience Map

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is now labeled on the map in Walt Disney World’s My Disney Experience app.

The Tiana’s Bayou Adventure logo is over the image of what was once Splash Mountain, in Frontierland. The tree that was removed from the top of the attraction is still visible. Beneath the logo is “Coming 2024.” It’s expected to open late that year in both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.

If you don’t see the logo, you may need to zoom in on the map or update My Disney Experience.

The Tiana’s Bayou Adventure logo already appeared on printed Magic Kingdom maps.

tianas-bayou-adventure-soon-mde.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter