Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I think that's an incredibly bad idea. The big hits are obvious and you don't need streaming data to tell you that Moana, Encanto, and the Mandalorian are popular. Go beyond that and you should realize that streaming is all quick hits and then viewers are on to the next trending show with our short attention spans. How many people are still talking about 'Tiger King'

Also concerned that this may reduce focus on IP like The Muppets if their streaming shows don't do well ... will they be deemed no longer relevant
The only thing on that list that doesn’t at least have some representation across Disney Parks that I’d like to see is Bluey. All of the rights for that are currently owned by the BBC though.

I think that's an incredibly bad idea. The big hits are obvious and you don't need streaming data to tell you that Moana, Encanto, and the Mandalorian are popular. Go beyond that and you should realize that streaming is all quick hits and then viewers are on to the next trending show with our short attention spans. How many people are still talking about 'Tiger King'

Also concerned that this may reduce focus on IP like The Muppets if their streaming shows don't do well ... will they be deemed no longer relevant

Agree very much!!

Shouldn't assume that the streaming audience == park visitor group.

The only thing on that list that doesn’t at least have some representation across Disney Parks that I’d like to see is Bluey. All of the rights for that are currently owned by the BBC though.

I wonder if Disney would work a deal out with the BBC ... put Bluey and The Doctor (with Doctor Who hitting D+) over in the UK Pavilion? Sounds crazy but I could see it happening. Gotta admit I'd be lining up to get a pic with a Dalek during Food/Wine fest!

I wonder if Disney would work a deal out with the BBC ... put Bluey and The Doctor (with Doctor Who hitting D+) over in the UK Pavilion? Sounds crazy but I could see it happening. Gotta admit I'd be lining up to get a pic with a Dalek during Food/Wine fest!
Bluey is an Australian show so it wouldn't make sense in the UK pavillion.

Agree very much!!

Shouldn't assume that the streaming audience == park visitor group.
I mean...its pretty spot on for our house. My youngest kids watch Frozen, Moana, Encanto, Bluey, and Coco constantly. My older kid watches Avatar, Strange World and Turning Red at least once a week. Add in my husband's viewing preferences and you've got avengers, black panther and the mandalorian on loop.

Maybe wouldn't make all park goers happy but pulling from any of those tends to make my crew pretty happy...

Another Disney Parks brawl ...

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...sked-to-move-so-photo-could-be-taken-deputies

"The fight happened Monday afternoon at Disney's Magic Kingdom theme park just past the entrance gates and in front of a 100th Anniversary sign, celebrating 100 years of The Walt Disney Company"
oprah-and-you-get-a-ban.gif

Yeah I'm not buying this. I think this is more of her fuzzy math to get what she wants. Let's face it she was Chief FINANCIAL Officer when Chapek was skewing the numbers. He couldn't have done it without her. I think she should have been fired with him ~ she could use her spare time to look after her waistline.

I'm shocked this woman still holds a position in the company.

Bob Iger needs to put straightening her out at the top of his to do list
oprah-and-you-get-a-ban.gif

Yeah I'm not buying this. I think this is more of her fuzzy math to get what she wants. Let's face it she was Chief FINANCIAL Officer when Chapek was skewing the numbers. He couldn't have done it without her. I think she should have been fired with him ~ she could use her spare time to look after her waistline.

She got an “I helped get Chapek Fired” continuance.

Based on my avatar you can tell I’m happy to be seeing her flames in July!
I'd been around too long when she arrived. She is a goosebumps moment for me.

Many years ago when people asked me what job would I want at MK it was Maleficent in the parades. But when the dragon arrived I decided I wanted to be the tail holder!! At least I was kinda touching her.

I wouldn't mind an Australian pavillion though. Throw in the Wiggles for good measure.

Australia has some really different animals, surprised that DAK didn't create an "outback" area like they have for Africa and Asia - Platypus, Koala, Emus, Dingo, and number of other cute and ugly marsupials.

I'd love a new pavilion at Epcot as well.... but culturally and architecturally I'm not sure Australia is all that unique.

But plus one on Disney getting Bluey rights.

Australia has some really different animals, surprised that DAK didn't create an "outback" area like they have for Africa and Asia - Platypus, Koala, Emus, Dingo, and number of other cute and ugly marsupials.

I'd love a new pavilion at Epcot as well.... but culturally and architecturally I'm not sure Australia is all that unique.

But plus one on Disney getting Bluey rights.
In this current age of Disney imagineering, if it's not based on a current IP they're not building it. Not saying whether that's right or wrong for them to do but it's the reality so an Australia land in AK has no chance of happening.

If Disney gets the Bluey theme park rights, I could see them adding a meet and greet somewhere.

I wouldn't mind an Australian pavillion though. Throw in the Wiggles for good measure.
Disney needs to get merch/park rights to bluey (and who) yes the Disney purists will get angry but hey I grew up in the era where studios was a hodgepodge of non Disney IP and honestly international content being marketed on Disney + at least makes sense vs ninja turtles or goosebumps

A Bluey character in Hollywood & vine/animation courtyard and a subtly placed TARDIS in the uk pavilion is all that’s really needed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter