Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Iger said the company needs to widen the price gap between the Disney+ ad-supported tier ($7.99) and the ad-free tier ($10.99).

Scott Gustin
Raising prices is the only way it becomes profitable. The downside is you are getting close to the cost of cable, which the a big reason many dropped cable.

NEW: Iger says they are "closely evaluating" WHERE it makes sense to further invest in its parks.

"And we have a number of other growth and expansion opportunities at our parks... and we are closely evaluating where it makes the most sense to direct future investments."

Scott Gustin
In other words - not Florida

Maybe Disney would consider building a new park in Brazil

NEW: Iger says they are "closely evaluating" WHERE it makes sense to further invest in its parks.

"And we have a number of other growth and expansion opportunities at our parks... and we are closely evaluating where it makes the most sense to direct future investments."

Scott Gustin
Yeah, the way he said WHERE basically came off that way.
Not so sure I read "where" as a location. He does talk in clever code.

They HAVE a number of growth and expansion opportunities ... get it, might already be semi-planned and a budget set aside for some dreams announced at D23.

In terms of closely evaluating where it makes sense to direct future ... maybe the future has nothing to do with the opportunities they already have. Maybe the future has to do with which division of Disney. Maybe the future is not in parks. Maybe more diversification.

I don't think we will see ANY new parks anywhere. In our country only Florida and California make sense for weather. Our country does not need a third park, especially when it will depend highly on domestic visitors. A new park is a massive investment and Disney knows it needs to avoid highly contentious locations, international places that would have a lower draw of other internationals and the extremely high cost of a start up park.

Disney owns three parks, they are well placed, far enough away to not cannibalize each other. WDW and DLP have land to expand. I don't expect too much expanding a WDW due to current situation. I think they will do nothing until more of this plays out. I could see DLP getting major expansion, I mean for many it's cheaper to go there than WDW, even from places in US. Disney has only had full ownership of DLP for 6 years, 2+ highly impacted by COVID.

Bottom line Iger will be gone again when anything happens so we'll see if he gets anything on paper.

877c8dbbfe14de498e2fe96fdd6b152d.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter