Disney needs to visit the budget board!

They use the express service because that is the best way to provide guests with a higher end service. It also creates less risk in something getting lost or damaged. As a previous poster stated, the costs for Disney to ship next day is minimal and not doing so will not effect prices that the guest pays.

I do find this thread a little funny because if they sent things UPS ground, everyone would be complaining that it took too long to get there and why can't they give us more for our $$.:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

scribega said:
While that is definitely true, there is still a cost savings if Disney shipped something 3day ground instead of next day air. Even if it is just $1 difference that savings ads up if you ship a few hundred thousand.

I am still not sure why they even ship them. Why not just have them ready at the resort when you arrive. It was neat to get them in the mail, but they just sat there until we went to Disney plus I had to keep up with them. I also ditched the box because it took up too much room while packing.

^^^This^^^ would make better since. ;0)

I know exactly what you mean.

In Feb SWA had a sale on flights so we booked a trip and were set to leave in 10 days. Disney sent the DME papers over night - that was fine. Then I changed our SWA flights to leave a day earlier since flight prices were still the same as what I had paid it was not going to cost us more to arrive a day early because we had DVC points to use or loss. Called DME and gave new flight info got another overnighted package with new DME info.

Then during our trip I decided to stay an extra day and called down to reschedule DME.. Got home and there was a envelope from Disney with DME papers for the extra day I added while I was ALREADY at Disney..:confused3

Disney must get a really good deal from UPS to overnight all these packages!

You "tap" the RFID Mickey sensor (just like you would for park entry) and your DME information is read from your band. No need to carry your DME vouchers with you or fumble in your bag for the booklet.

See above. They begin working in the airport for DME.

Marionnette: That is great to know! :thumbsup2 thanks so much for the info!!

Liesel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter