Disney near the end of September

danielsmommy04

Earning My Ears
Well, I just booked our 3rd trip to WDW Sept. 24, 2011. We have been in January & December before. How do crowds compare from those times and September? I know it will be hot, no biggie there. Just wondering about crowds?

We booked for that same time, 9/24/2011 - 10/1/2011. I have not been there at that time, but I have been told by many that it is a perfect time to go if you can stand the heat. I was told to expect light crowds for the attractions but that restaurants may be busy due to free dining. Friends on mine went on their honeymoon that same week and said the park was empty and they had little to no wait times at all the attractions. I sure hope they are right. We have been to Disney at Thanksgiving, mid summer, and Columbus Day week and they have all been crowded so I am looking forward a lite crowds.

Well... I have come to realize that here on the Dis ~ crowd size is a personal perception thing.

BUT I can say we have been in March, April, May, July, Sept, October, November, December, January and February.

September , January and February were by FAR lowest crowds. Jan/Feb crowds were low last year I think because it was so cold. Usually I find Sept to be the least busy time. IMHO.

Like I said... subjective topic though.

We were there Sept 25- Oct 2 this year and the crowds were very light. We used Touring Plans to choose our days at the parks and it worked out really well for us. It was still very hot and humid but the low crowds made it bearable! Enjoy!

we were there sept 19-26th and found the crowds to be about medium (but that's comparing it to january when we usually go!). it felt like there were alot of people there but we actually never really waited that long for any of the rides.

i think it may have felt a little more crowded just because it was SO hot. when you're around alot of people and it's 50 degrees out it's alot less painful then being squished with people when it's 95 out!

all that being said, we plan on going next september :)

We thought it was hot the first year but now we know how to deal with the heat. The crowds are not too bad - most rides are walk on but some need fast passes. This year we were there for 16 days and saw a variety of crowds and heat. The best days at the parks are Mon - Thurs. for low crowds. The ADR's we did at the restaurants were great! Most places were only half full - probably due to the economy. Enjoy it - we'll be down there 9/22-10/6 next eyar as well. We want to catch the F&W festival as well as MNSSHP next year. This year we did MNSSHP twice and loved it! enjoy!:surfweb:

It was more crowded this year in comparison to 2 years ago. It's always more crowded than in early January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter