Disney names new ships ???

MUGGS329

Earning My Ears
Archive for Disney Cruise Line
Has DCL already named the new ships?
March 25, 2008 at 1:22 pm · Filed under Disney Cruise Line, Disney World Rumors

Late last week, Screamscape did a quick rumor that gave us possible names for the new Disney Cruise Line ships coming in 2011 and 2012. This week that rumor is picking up steam on the internet. M Here was what the original posting had to say…

According to a Screamscape reader the local news did a quick story on a new or expanded Disney Cruise Line terminal building and in the artwork they claim you could see the names for the two new ships, “Disney Dream” and “Disney Celebration”. Anyone else catch this or happen to find an image capture of the artwork? I can’t seem to find anything about it right now.

I have not caught this, nor have I seen any verification from another source that this broadcast happened or any other form of confirmation about these names. In fact, the only outlets I have seen go with this rumor are using the original Screamscape information as the only source. For that reason, I wouldn’t put too much stock in this just yet. I’ll let you know if I can find some additional sourcing on this.

:yay:
But these names do make sense and seem to fit the mold. Due to the overuse of the word “dreams” in any all aspects of Disney marketing, that is an easy guess to make. “Celebration” also works, but at a somewhat lesser degree. However Carnival already has a ship named the Celebration and that should be a good enough reason to come up with something else. Could this be true?

Haven't hear this so not sure if it's true however I am pretty sure that Norewegian has the "Dream" as well.

You aren't the first to post this information, but while reading your post I had an interesting thought - what if these names are just place holders?

Ships have names, and a ship without a prominently painted name will stand out as unusual. Perhaps the artist just took a little license and made up a couple of names for the artist's rendering. Carnival and NCL each respectively have a ship named Celebration and Dream, and the more I think about it the more I expect Disney will find unique names for their ships.

You aren't the first to post this information, but while reading your post I had an interesting thought - what if these names are just place holders?

Ships have names, and a ship without a prominently painted name will stand out as unusual. Perhaps the artist just took a little license and made up a couple of names for the artist's rendering. Carnival and NCL each respectively have a ship named Celebration and Dream, and the more I think about it the more I expect Disney will find unique names for their ships.

Just a rumor! Instesting reading.! More information to come I'am sure. Lets watch.

names are given to ships as placeholders on the drawings of the ships the titles are DCXL.. Standing for disney cruise line extra large. but the true names are yet to be determined. I perdict THE "DREAM" but i truly don't know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter