Disney "must dos" in December

I havent had a chance to read thru this thread but can someone tell me the dates of MVMCP I dont know if it will be over when we get there as we'll be there for Christmas. TY

Some of the things offered at MVMCP will be taking place during regular park hours the week of Christmas (like the parade). You can search the DIS or Allearsnet to see what exactly will be moved from MVMCP to regular park hours.

Has anyone taken the Yuletide Tour? Value for dollar? I was wondering if it is worthwhile enough to add into a packed trip already? Three adults. Here's our itinerary so far:

Thursday: 12:00 flight gets in;
meet at Kona's; tour monorail resorts, bags to SOG;
tour Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club; DTD.
6:30 MMVMCP

Friday: AK and MGM incl Osbourne lights (Would do Yuletide Tour in the am
and skip AK)

Saturday: Epcot incl Candlelight Processional; ressies at Le Cellier

Sunday: Leave for cruise

Osborne Lights - and be sure to see it early in your stay, 'cuz (I understand) it doesn't operate if it's raining.

:santa: Also going for the Holiday's season! This will be the 3rd year in a row going the week after Thanksgiving...little itty bitty crowds! Love it!! :cool1: All the Christmas stuff is awesome, and they let me celebrate my Bday (12/23), I never get to celebrate around the real date because I'm working, DH is working, or just everyone's too busy :confused3

Here's a link to a video I took last year of Osborne Lights

This is our first year splurging on DDP, so we still haven't done MVMCP...maybe next year! :wizard:

Wow, I'm even more excited for that now!

Only if they are available. I believe that the closer you get to Christmas the more likely the event is to be sold out! At the beginning of the month (when I was there last year) they were advertising availability :santa:

:santa: We went the week after Thanksgiving in '99 and loved the Osbourne lights. kids were 4,6,8 and they really enjoyed. Now we're going back with older kids. I was worried that the men and my 15 year old son would not be into the whole candlelight processional thing, but thread really makes me want to go. Also, it sound like the dinner package is the way to go, but I'm afraid the men will not be happy if it's alot more money. They will be happy If I can tell them that it saves waiting time. I;ve heard that it's a really long wait to get decent seats without the reservations. Also can you go to this and still see illuminations? My brother in law really wants to do that (so do I) because he's been there many times and never stayed to see it. Thanks for the info!!:santa: :santa:

SOOOO EXCITED!! Just confirmed that DH and I can go Dec 8-16 and looking for all the things not to miss. This threads a great help!!:santa:

Can you buy MVMCP tickets on the day of the event?

I think there are certain days that you can only buy tickets on the day of the event

"Gate Pricing subject to availability, many nights will sell out in advance."

"Advance Purchase available starting May 1, 2007.
Tickets must be purchased at least 1 day prior to event.

Select nights only. Advance ticket savings of $7 per ticket are available for all nights except: Friday 11/16, Friday 11/30, Thursday 12/6, Friday 12/7, Thursday 12/13, Friday 12/14, Sunday 12/16, Thursday 12/20, Friday 12/2"

I found lots of good info about MVMCP at this site
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp

Priorityonecb.....No, I do not think there is any "snow" at epcot. But, There is one really cool thing I enjoyed. The different countries have live story tellers of thier version of Santa. If you time it right you can go from country to country and see each one. Very sweet and fun too!! Each one has his own stage and costume and gives a little bit of history.

1. The different Epcot storytellers are my favourites. And they are not all Santas, as Santa is not a tradition in all cultures. At least four come to mind: Morocco, Japan, China (new year traditions are explained) and the Kwanzaa storyteller in America.
2. Resort decorations
3. Osborne Lights
4. MVMCP
5. Christmas Parades
6. Snow in MGM & MK

1. The different Epcot storytellers are my favourites. And they are not all Santas, as Santa is not a tradition in all cultures. At least four come to mind: Morocco, Japan, China (new year traditions are explained) and the Kwanzaa storyteller in America.
2. Resort decorations
3. Osborne Lights
4. MVMCP
5. Christmas Parades
6. Snow in MGM & MK

They had a play with some kind of king or kings in it in mexico,
Noraway had one also I remember something maybe about knomes?
Germany had something also but the other adults wouldn't let me stay. I am going to this year and hear all of them.

does anyone know what time these stories start at one so that we could possibly make all of them?

Thanks for all of the great info. We are so excited about our upcoming pre-Xmas trip. It is a surprise for our little ones (they have no idea!)
We can't wait for the MVMCP, we have our tickets and are just counting down the days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter