Disney movies: What are your over-rateds and your unsung heroes?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Over-rateds:
-To me, I could never understand the hype of Lilo & Stitch. I tried to watch it several times & just could not get through the first 30 minutes. I feel like I must be missing something because it is obviously a very popular movie.
-I feel the same exact way with The Incredibles.

Unsung Heroes:
-I thought Bolt was a great movie-a really cute & heartwarming story, yet it didn't seem to go over very well in popularity.
-I wish The Princess & The Frog was a more successful movie. I know it did ok in the theaters, but I never thought it got the recognition it deserved. To me, this was such an iconic & important movie. The first African American Disney Princess. & a story that was so different than any other Disney princess movie-about a independent woman with a dream, who didn't fall in love at first sight or base the film on the romance, but rather strived to make her dream of owning a restaurant come true. I thought it was such a great message to kids.

Anyways, which Disney movies did you find over-rated and which ones do you feel should have gotten better recognition?

Over-rated- FROZEN. It was cute, not worth the hype. UP, I just can't get that hour and a half back. Both recent muppet movies...uhhhhh. Brave too, had a really hard time sitting through that.

My favorite is Tangled. To me way better than frozen and didn't get the recognition it deserved.

Unsung Heroes:
-I thought Bolt was a great movie-a really cute & heartwarming story, yet it didn't seem to go over very well in popularity.

That's true! No one ever talks about Bolt :sad2:

Over-rated- FROZEN. It was cute, not worth the hype.

I'm kind of in agreement. I thought it was great, but definitely not as amazing as the hype would have you believe. ;)

My favorite is Tangled. To me way better than frozen and didn't get the recognition it deserved.

I SO agree with this! Tangled was an epic movie. I can watch it time and time again and still enjoy it.

Overrated:

Toy Story 3 - the only Toy Story film I absolutely hated
Cars
Wall-E - I can't, for the life of me, understand why people like this so much (beyond the animation)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the first that pop into my mind...

Underrated:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Chicken Little - not an amazing movie by any stretch of the imagination, but still a good film and definitely worthy of a bit more attention than it gets
Meet the Robinsons - this one, like Chicken Little, is unquestionably flawed but still has its virtues

:thumbsup2

That's true! No one ever talks about Bolt :sad2:

I'm kind of in agreement. I thought it was great, but definitely not as amazing as the hype would have you believe. ;)

I SO agree with this! Tangled was an epic movie. I can watch it time and time again and still enjoy it.

Overrated:

Toy Story 3 - the only Toy Story film I absolutely hated
Cars
Wall-E - I can't, for the life of me, understand why people like this so much (beyond the animation)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the first that pop into my mind...

Underrated:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Chicken Little - not an amazing movie by any stretch of the imagination, but still a good film and definitely worthy of a bit more attention than it gets
Meet the Robinsons - this one, like Chicken Little, is unquestionably flawed but still has its virtues

:thumbsup2

Yes, I have to agree about Wall-E. It was an OK movie, but I didn't think it was anything special.

I loved Frozen, but I have to say I thought Tangled was the most visually beautiful Disney film so far. People always say that about Frozen, but I thought the animation in Tangled was just breathtaking.

Over-Rated: Frozen, Finding Nemo, Lion King

Unsung: Oliver & Company, Atlantis The Lost Empire, Tarzan

Overrated: Wall-E, Cars, Tinkerbell movies
Underrated: Oliver and Company, The Great Mouse Detective, and Pocahontas with Hunchback as an honorable mention for the soundtrack

I think all Disney movies are incredible!

Overrated: Frozen
Underrated: Fox and the Hound

There are some overrated movies are:---- toy story and source code.

So glad someone else mentioned The Emperor's New Groove - I love that film and it's definitely underrated!

Overrated - Finding Nemo

Overrated - The Incredibles - Just could not get into that movie. Have seen it several times, it is good, just not for me.

Under rated - I agree with previous poster, Emperor's New Groove and I am a big fan of the third Aladdin. Robin Williams is awesome in that one! :thumbsup2

Overrated - The Incredibles - Just could not get into that movie. Have seen it several times, it is good, just not for me.

Under rated - I agree with previous poster, Emperor's New Groove and I am a big fan of the third Aladdin. Robin Williams is awesome in that one! :thumbsup2

Emperor's New Groove is great. I think Monster's Inc and Nemo are well deserving of their popularity.

Frozen was a cute movie, we enjoyed but. However, it wasn't great enough to warrant the amount of hysteria/hype that it has had.

Looking back to older Disney, Pinnochio is a bizarre story that gives me the absolute creeps.

I remember liking Pete's Dragon a lot when I was a kid, but seeing it more recently, it just didn't really hold up.

Unsung - The Rescuers, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Song of the South, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Anything Pooh, Ratatouille, Up, The Fox and the Hound

Overrated - Mighty Ducks, Little Mermaid

Favorite - Mary Poppins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter